Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

Regretably this still can happen. Reload the autosave, move some units and end turn again.

Nordfeldt's Avatar Civis

Hi,

great mod, but I got a few minor issues:

1: Royal envoys that are in a settlement when attacked function as a group of archers with no textures.
    2: Is it possible to give it the bloodline trait of your faction?
    3: I can build the Royal Court in all settlements for 10400

I have installed with ss_setup
    System specs:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 3.0Ghz
    4GB Mushkin DDR2 PC2-1066
    WD Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
    Western Digital 1 Terabyte HD 7200RPM
    Gainward PCI-E GeForce GTX280 1024MB 2x DVI
    NorthQ NQ-4775-850-flex 850W modular PSU ATX2

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Nordfeldt View Post
    Hi,

1: Royal envoys that are in a settlement when attacked function as a group of archers with no textures.

I have installed with ss_setup
    dunno about the rest but the archer thing is because i believe bane used the sherwood archers unit to make the envoy....hence the archer with no textures during battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordfeldt View Post
    Hi,

This shouldn't be possible if the settlement is one of the following:
    Code:
     Constantinople
     London
     Frankfurt
     Paris
     Arhus
     Eikundarsund
     Leon
     Naples
     Genoa
     Novgorod
     Krakow
     Kiev
     Belgrade
    If it isn't, then this is fine (see 3).
    Yes, it is, however they are not ment to be of royal blood. I can add this if this is a widely demanded feature (read: guys if you want this, post).
    The player is in Royal Ladies of the Court Beta 09 free to build additional buildings where he wants, however besides the preplaced ones they wont be functional as recruitment centers, any envoy not built in the original capitol or royal court city will missfire and behave like a normal unit, however with no battle textures etc. Nor really how it should be, just killed the limit for testing purposes and evidently forgot to readd it... Have some rep for your report and shame on me, that's what I get for not releasing beta 10 yet, in which this limit is set.

Nordfeldt's Avatar Civis

Ahh okay I see, thanks

Well okay, I can myself argue pros and cons for the bloodline trait. It is perhaps funnier gameplay wise if the player still have to guard his "true-bloods". But late game this can be quite difficult - perhaps you could make it so there would be a 10-30 % chance that the princess has this trait

Oh, and how would I go about changing the Royal Court to another settlement? I have changed my starting capital in the desc_strat. I have looked trough your mod files but haven't managed to find it yet.

Thanks
    System specs:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 3.0Ghz
    4GB Mushkin DDR2 PC2-1066
    WD Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
    Western Digital 1 Terabyte HD 7200RPM
    Gainward PCI-E GeForce GTX280 1024MB 2x DVI
    NorthQ NQ-4775-850-flex 850W modular PSU ATX2

Problem is the way the princesses are spawned. A specific settlement is monitored via campaign script and regretably there isn't a way to introduce variable settings in there... it all has to be fixed. I much rather have the princesses spawn directly in settlement but this can't be done either.

Is this compatible with 2tpy? I haven't played SS in 3 months now, i was getting very irritated with the very problem RLC solves.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Is this compatible with 2tpy? I haven't played SS in 3 months now, i was getting very irritated with the very problem RLC solves.
    I play 2TPY and it works fine.

Civis

my EDB encounter error when installing with SS_setup.exe pls help how can i fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud. View Post
    I play 2TPY and it works fine.
    What 2tpy campaign are you using??? I am using HURB and there is no option for RLC in setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Civis

yes i using 2tpy RLC MSC

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    What 2tpy campaign are you using??? I am using HURB and there is no option for RLC in setup.
    :S Umm, I just deleted the aging script and changed the years from 1.00 to 0.5. I'm not sure if that'll solve your problem, but I think that it'll work.

Oh, and I don't think RLC is compatible with anything except a clean SS 6.4. That's probably why it's not working right now.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    yes i using 2tpy RLC MSC
    Shadow, RLC currently isn't compatible with anything except clean SS 6.4. You can't use MSC and RLC at the same time, its one or the other unfortunately. Bane is working on including and integrating it fully into the next SS update though, afaik.

Edit: Oops, sorry for the double post guys.

Yesterday i generate a royal lady ( she is a bit expensive 6000 coins...) it is weird that the icon of the lady when it was about to choose her in order to generate was the icon of some other unit( it was some light spearman specialized for killing elephants- i saw them for first time )
    Another i generate that Lady without having a Rayal Envoy building ...
    What is going on ?

Does anyone know if there are any names in the names.txt file that are critical for RLC to work? I have added quite a few names to my names.txt and would like to avoid adding all of them again if possible.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie76 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any names in the names.txt file that are critical for RLC to work? I have added quite a few names to my names.txt and would like to avoid adding all of them again if possible.

Thanks,

Ronnie
    I don't think there are...I believe the Royal Ladies just gain a random name upon creation, so adding names to the list or removing them shouldn't make a difference. And save an original copy of the names.txt file, so you can just replace it if something does go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud. View Post
    I believe the Royal Ladies just gain a random name upon creation
    Yes that's true, it's a shame bane & me can't find time to release a final version. There was another cool sub-mod (no one has done it before) we were working on but that also has to wait.

Thanks Cloud and Ishan.

I managed to screw it up anyway. So I may just have to start over with a fresh install anyway. I thought I had backed up all the appropriate files before I started incorporating RLC into my SS, but after reverting back, I'm still getting a CTD at start up. Not a modeldb CTD but something else.

I've been away from MTW and modding for a while so this may be the time to go back a re-learn some stuff.

Anyway thanks again for your help, and thanks for your continued efforts to improve this really fun game.

Cheers,
    -Ronnie

I found the problem thanks to Eothese's help.

In my export_buildings.txt file the Generic Repair line was causing the CTD. Any idea of where the link is that would cause an issue?

Thanks again so much for responding.

Cheers,

Ok I got it. My "Generic Repair" lines were below my "Generic Dismantle" lines. This was the cause of the problem. I think I accidentally changed it when I was using the program "CompareIt".

Thanks again so much for your help.

Its always the little things isn't it?