Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 390

Thread: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

  1. #81
    sgarr's Avatar Libertus
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I've got to play this. Looks freakin awesome!
    Last edited by bɑne; June 10, 2011 at 02:36 PM.

  2. #82
    sgarr's Avatar Libertus
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    Is there anything I can do to get the new version up and running? I keep losing generals to foreign seductresses and some royal ladies would be the perfect remedy.

  3. #83
    Cторожевая Cобака.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
    Posts
    4,764

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    I apologize if I am misunderstanding something.
    You basically gave us the ability to spawn a princess whenever we want for 4000?

    If so, I have a small idea to add to this. I heard of mods that eliminate girls being born (males only). My idea is to make a princess as a child a really small %, instead the boy for a child should be higher. Maybe boy 95% chance, girl 5% This way, it would solve the problem of sometimes never having boys in your family. To counter sons being born all the time and in large quantities perhaps lower the chance of having children somehow?

    This is just an idea. The mod looks great! Well done and keep up the good job guys!

  4. #84

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    Quote Originally Posted by YD23 View Post
    I apologize if I am misunderstanding something.
    You basically gave us the ability to spawn a princess whenever we want for 4000?

    If so, I have a small idea to add to this. I heard of mods that eliminate girls being born (males only). My idea is to make a princess as a child a really small %, instead the boy for a child should be higher. Maybe boy 95% chance, girl 5% This way, it would solve the problem of sometimes never having boys in your family. To counter sons being born all the time and in large quantities perhaps lower the chance of having children somehow?

    This is just an idea. The mod looks great! Well done and keep up the good job guys!
    Thanks for the praise As far as I know we can only eliminate the chance for daughters completly (by setting their retirement age so low that they don't even come of age[so they appear but get immediatly removed]) - if there is a way to lower the percentile this would be great news.
    However with normal princesses gone it would be necessary to have every princess spawned which would increase the scripting - something i would like to avoid at all costs in regards to longer turntimes

  5. #85
    Cторожевая Cобака.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
    Posts
    4,764

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    Ohh, I see. Thanks for at least looking into it though.

  6. #86

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    I am extremely interested in how you are scripting this. Looking at the campaign script, the only way I can see if to have something similar to this:
    spawn_character england random_name, princess, age 20, x 222, y 238

    if those royal envoy buildings are made.

    Is that how you're doing it? And yet those are outside the family tree, so I guess you could spawn them from the slave faction much as SS6.4 spawns merchants and priests.

  7. #87

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    Quote Originally Posted by YD23 View Post
    I apologize if I am misunderstanding something.
    You basically gave us the ability to spawn a princess whenever we want for 4000?

    If so, I have a small idea to add to this. I heard of mods that eliminate girls being born (males only). My idea is to make a princess as a child a really small %, instead the boy for a child should be higher. Maybe boy 95% chance, girl 5% This way, it would solve the problem of sometimes never having boys in your family. To counter sons being born all the time and in large quantities perhaps lower the chance of having children somehow?

    This is just an idea. The mod looks great! Well done and keep up the good job guys!
    You can create male characters at the Fortress, doing a "General's Bodyguard". Also, the daughter's of the son carry the bloodline, and would add other bloodlines to it, what is quite hard to do with a son, since only the heir and king are allowed to marry with other faction's princess.
    You can also have a chance when a princess try to convert your son, but it's fall disgraced, she become a member of your Royal Family. But keeping the male/daughter chance at 50-50% is recomended.

    There's a little bug at Stainless Steel where princess only carry the father blood legacy. I guess it's just the worst bug that could ever happen on a bloodline.

  8. #88

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    I have this in my SS6.4 update but all i get is 30 men in the strat map with a soldier model..dosnt seem too work for me?

  9. #89

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    Err... the download is removed, how the hell did you get it? Nevermind.

    This indicates that something replaced your campaign script (if you are using the setup by ishan) or if you are using the beta8 files that the cs didnt not get properly updated, assuming you started a new campaign. Also it will never work for a running campaign.

  10. #90

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    It was an old download bane,i like the look of this mod,just hoping when it is fixed and availiable that its compatible withs CC's BotB.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    When does the updated version come out. No dowload available?

  12. #92

  13. #93

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    This MOD is useless for those of us playing as the Teutons in the late era campaign as they have no family tree, thus no princesses.

    "Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"
    ~ King of Poland, Jan III Sobieski

  14. #94

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    Quote Originally Posted by TMSKILZ View Post
    This MOD is useless for those of us playing as the Teutons in the late era campaign as they have no family tree, thus no princesses.
    Yeah. Sure. Useless. Why not try looking for mods that change that like TORF.

  15. #95

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    In regards to this mod, has anyone figured out what causes some of the 'Royal Ladies' to have blank fields instead of names? And if so could you possibly tell me how to correct it myself? I really dont want to play SS again until I can use this mod properly, but the blank names are really beginning to p*** me off!

  16. #96
    Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imrahil View Post
    In regards to this mod, has anyone figured out what causes some of the 'Royal Ladies' to have blank fields instead of names? And if so could you possibly tell me how to correct it myself? I really dont want to play SS again until I can use this mod properly, but the blank names are really beginning to p*** me off!
    its a bug in the engine...and the reason the mod has been temporarily taken off from download...i believe bane has worked on reducing if not eliminating the chances of it happening for his next release when that happens.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    its a bug in the engine...and the reason the mod has been temporarily taken off from download...i believe bane has worked on reducing if not eliminating the chances of it happening for his next release when that happens.
    What he said The beta release here was a first test for a fix that seemed to work but then didn't provide satisfying results.

  18. #98

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    When the new version comes out, will it be compatible with 2TPY? (either Meneth's or HURB?)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

  19. #99

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    Depends on the changes to descr_strat, however the next version aims to be highly adaptive.

  20. #100

    Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

    Quote Originally Posted by bɑne View Post
    Depends on the changes to descr_strat, however the next version aims to be highly adaptive.
    very good. this will solve soooooo many problems with marriages in SS.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •