Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

Tyrael.'s Avatar Libertus

Default Load Screen after faction selection

I just downloaded 6.4 and the Royal Ladies of the court sub-mod. I had no troubles selecting a faction (Portugal), but once the load screen finished loading, I got a CTD. Anyone know what to do? Should i install a clean 6.4 again?

Default Re: Load Screen after faction selection

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael. View Post
    I just downloaded 6.4 and the Royal Ladies of the court sub-mod. I had no troubles selecting a faction (Portugal), but once the load screen finished loading, I got a CTD. Anyone know what to do? Should i install a clean 6.4 again?
    Please upload your system.log and state your era and the settings you used. Did you run ss_setup before installing this submod?

As for your question: Yes, a clean 6.4 will fix whatever is wrong, without knowing whats wrong.
    If you have trouble with submods, please post in that submods topic which is why I merged your report here

The next beta version is due next week which reverts back to the original way of fully using the ss_setup, maybe wait for that one if we can't figure this out fast

Tyrael.'s Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

Cool, well I don't know why, but it's working today :$. Thanks for your help!

trying to integrate this into my game, (some mods and a little alterations by myself) and im getting the blank names again, was there any breakthrough as to what causes them?

Quote Originally Posted by luciferleigh View Post
    trying to integrate this into my game, (some mods and a little alterations by myself) and im getting the blank names again, was there any breakthrough as to what causes them?
    As of now we are almost certain it is the current namesfile as it works for vanilla but porting the same code over results in occassional blank names. Same with it working better for some factions than others - it is timeconsuming to test because of the turn times. We are still in progress of adapting the names and feel we had first results but if needed you can go for a fixed name system. Naturally random is the prefered option as any fixed names would become part of the normal names pool of all factions.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    As of now we are almost certain it is the current namesfile as it works for vanilla but porting the same code over results in occassional blank names. Same with it working better for some factions than others - it is timeconsuming to test because of the turn times. We are still in progress of adapting the names and feel we had first results but if needed you can go for a fixed name system. Naturally random is the prefered option as any fixed names would become part of the normal names pool of all factions.
    so thats probably why, tried to merge the name files (specifically lookup) and bailed at about 10%, was getting tired, anyway, i guess im gonna have to through all of them

Lookup files are not used in M2TW they are just leftovers from RTW.

Oh, I guess I'll have to go through them again, but if you think about it, unless your the king or prince, your wives name really ain't that important compared to theirs

not sure if that works on others
    but once I put a few new names on my faction female name lists, the nameless problem solved....

TwinBird's Avatar Civis

Apparently the royal ladies cannot marry the faction king or heir, which is the reason I wanted this mod. Is this a glitch or was something not installed properly?

Quote Originally Posted by TwinBird View Post
    Apparently the royal ladies cannot marry the faction king or heir, which is the reason I wanted this mod. Is this a glitch or was something not installed properly?
    The engine treats them as sisters or daughters respectively so no that isn't a glitch. Sadly this can't be done.

beikon's Avatar Libertus

Is this only for early campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by beikon View Post
    Is this only for early campaign?
    Yes currently. New beta with early and late support is due for the weekend. I recommond waiting for that one

beikon's Avatar Libertus

Yes currently. New beta with early and late support is due for the weekend. I recommond waiting for that one
    Awesome
    Good it's late too.

are there any plans to make this compatible with MSC or 2tpy? i really want to use this submod but MSC is too good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    are there any plans to make this compatible with MSC or 2tpy? i really want to use this submod but MSC is too good.
    For 1.0 yes but actually I'm gunning for inclusion into "vanilla" SS first

For 1.0 yes but actually I'm gunning for inclusion into "vanilla" SS first
    what do you mean by inclusion into vanilla SS?
    and is there an estimated release date on 1.0, or will it be in beta for a while?
    thanks for this though, this solves so many irritating problems with marriage proposals. and its fairly historically accurate too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    what do you mean by inclusion into vanilla SS?
    To hopefully have it as part of the standard install / included by default in future SS versions.
    and is there an estimated release date on 1.0, or will it be in beta for a while?
    No estimated date - the roadmap is just filled with "as soon as possible" in the date column
    Thanks to easter I got free time coming up to work on this some more. I want to go back to my intitial delivery method of using the ss_setups full potential next, vtec.dominion already has that beta version for a sneak peak and so far it seems to work out. If that works for others as well then we should reach 1.0 pretty fast, even more so if we manage to tune down the appearance of blank names to a rare occasion.
    thanks for this though, this solves so many irritating problems with marriage proposals. and its fairly historically accurate too.
    And thanks to you. There is nothing like positive feedback to keep one going

quick question, seems that only some of the factions are allowed royal ladies while others arent, (jerusalem, venice, etc) what was the reason for this?

on another note, how about giving the muslim factions royal court buildings, gave them ownership in the edb but got no description to go with it, and i guess id have to edit the sherwood archers entry as well and do the whole spawn coords for them too, anything else im missing?

ps, not a really big issue, more of a minor annoyance, in the building browser list its showing up as <hinterland_royal_court> which file do i edit to make it correct?

thanks for the mod anyway, and yeah, if this starts to work flawlessly it definitely should be part of vanilla ss, keep it up

quick question, seems that only some of the factions are allowed royal ladies while others arent, (jerusalem, venice, etc) what was the reason for this?
    Well i wanted it to be western world oriented only so Jerusalem was skipped and for Venice they didn't used to have like kings and stuff rather than it was a republic with doge etc.
    Or you can say we are lazy.

on another note, how about giving the muslim factions royal court buildings, gave them ownership in the edb but got no description to go with it, and i guess id have to edit the sherwood archers entry as well and do the whole spawn coords for them too, anything else im missing?

ps, not a really big issue, more of a minor annoyance, in the building browser list its showing up as <hinterland_royal_court> which file do i edit to make it correct?
    Export_buildings.txt would be the file i presume in the data\text folder.
    thanks for the mod anyway, and yeah, if this starts to work flawlessly it definitely should be part of vanilla ss, keep it up
    Thanks lucifer muahaha.

Well it's a very rough version built in haste and most of our time got wasted on that stupid name bug which we optimized upto 70% probability and i think i can nail it completely as it works flawlessly on other mods.

We will add more features for it and hopefully before the end of this month we will see a final optimized version. But right now my full attention on some things that gracul has told me and i have to do it lol otherwise gracul will spank me lol.

And me and bane have made a new thing that you guys will like it i think but we can't take our time out to release it, it will be most evil of SS's features.