Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Earlier the blank name bug was almost 80% but we have reduced it to 10% now, it happens in vanilla too so there is nothing we can do about it but there is a workaround we are working on to remedy this. It doesn't have any side effects btw.
    I just got 3 blank names in a row
    How close is the fix for this bug? It is causing some crashes because they are being created with titles from time to time.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

bane disappeared awhile back....
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Just installed the program and when I run the SS setup it has two RLC listed and I can only tick one. I was wondering how do I know if the mod is installed? I am playing England Early campaign. I did"t notice a new building to construct in London does it take time for the ability to recruit the ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by godfather_77 View Post
    Just installed the program and when I run the SS setup it has two RLC listed and I can only tick one. I was wondering how do I know if the mod is installed? I am playing England Early campaign. I did"t notice a new building to construct in London does it take time for the ability to recruit the ladies?
    Oops just found the building and the envoy is recruitable for 6000 florins!

Can Royal Ladies of the Court Marry non-family generals. I have this problem as France where my Lordly Generals don't marry and have kids, which I was hoping this mod could resolve. Given that regular princesses can marry non-family general, why cant Royal Ladies? Or did I just install this wrong. Is there some edit I could do to make where they could?

Quote Originally Posted by cjpasch View Post
    Can Royal Ladies of the Court Marry non-family generals. I have this problem as France where my Lordly Generals don't marry and have kids, which I was hoping this mod could resolve. Given that regular princesses can marry non-family general, why cant Royal Ladies? Or did I just install this wrong. Is there some edit I could do to make where they could?
    You can but their sons wont show up in the family tree

Quote Originally Posted by Oli the Great View Post
    You can but their sons wont show up in the family tree
    Hmm. For some reason, when I use a Royal Lady of the Court to right click on a settlement or general with an unmarried non-family general in it, I get the message "no generals available for marriage." However, when I click on the same general with a Princess they are shown as available for marriage. Furthermore, if I click on a Family general with an RLC they are still shown as available for marriage. So for some reason, it is just my non-family generals that don't work.

UPDATE: I tried this with another faction, and had the same effects. My RLC cannot marry a non-family member general. Is this an inherent aspect of the mod?
    Last edited by cjpasch; June 30, 2012 at 03:32 PM.

So ugh 1 thing...

Does this work in the late era?

Hello, great sub-mod.
    I'm wondering if this mod can work for The Teutonic Order faction using the sub-mod "Teutonic Order's Royal Family for 6.4."? The reason I'm wondering is that I already started a Teutonic Order campaign with the both sub-mods, but there is no "Royal Court" to build in any city.
    Last edited by Desperado Outlaw; August 14, 2012 at 03:43 AM.

Is this mod still riddled with bugs, because i was very interested on using it, but now that i checked even the latest posts apparently there's still people out there that are experiencing bugs.

I guess my real question is, it's safe to use it, or this is still a beta sub-mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt's Beaten Drum View Post
    Is this mod still riddled with bugs, because i was very interested on using it, but now that i checked even the latest posts apparently there's still people out there that are experiencing bugs.

I guess my real question is, it's safe to use it, or this is still a beta sub-mod?
    Depends on which faction you play. Byzantium, Keivan Rus etc are difficult to fix. Blank name issue can be fixed by reducing the size of the names files as described a few posts back. Also don't recruit Royal Envoy from any captured city. Other than that there really aren't any other glaring bugs that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie76 View Post
    Depends on which faction you play. Byzantium, Keivan Rus etc are difficult to fix. Blank name issue can be fixed by reducing the size of the names files as described a few posts back. Also don't recruit Royal Envoy from any captured city. Other than that there really aren't any other glaring bugs that I'm aware of.
    You mean deleting some names from the list of the file? and also, don't i have to reduce the size of the .bin file as well? and how the hell do i open that one to edit it?

Found something that might help the creators of this sub-mod to continue their progress on this mod, lots of names for various nations:
    http://www.20000-names.com/female_english_names.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt's Beaten Drum View Post
    You mean deleting some names from the list of the file? and also, don't i have to reduce the size of the .bin file as well? and how the hell do i open that one to edit it?

Found something that might help the creators of this sub-mod to continue their progress on this mod, lots of names for various nations:
    http://www.20000-names.com/female_english_names.htm
    If you have your game set up correctly for modding names.bin is created everytime you start the game. It gets built from description_names.txt. and names.txt. Just look back a few pages in this thread for the info. Responding from my phone right now so I'm limited on the info and links I can provide, but I'll try to get online this weekend and give more info. Also of you used SMM then I think RLC stores the names files in a sub mod folder.
    Last edited by ronnie76; August 24, 2012 at 08:18 AM.

None of my Byzantine evnoys ever have names, not sure why this mod is so broken - to that extent.

What was that about not recruiting from captured cities? do you understand how expensive it is to build the structure, especially for a late game Byzantine empire without much money.

I recruit from Constantinople...which is of course, a captured city...for late game Byzantines, should I be recruiting from starter provinces?

Jesus....

Quote Originally Posted by Rushwithoutmercy View Post
    None of my Byzantine evnoys ever have names, not sure why this mod is so broken - to that extent.

What was that about not recruiting from captured cities? do you understand how expensive it is to build the structure, especially for a late game Byzantine empire without much money.

I recruit from Constantinople...which is of course, a captured city...for late game Byzantines, should I be recruiting from starter provinces?

Jesus....
    Byzantine is one of the problematic factions for RLC. Theoretically it is all from the names files. As far as recruiting from a captured province. If you are able to recruit from there then by all means do so, but sometimes people have had issues with the recruited lady belonging to the province's original faction. To me you should only be able to recruit from your capital, but that is not up to me. Would just living with the blank name issue or they to mod the names files to eliminate the bug. I have not had any time to work on this myself lately, but I have successfully modded a Royal Court for Scotland and drastically reduced blank names for Scotland, England, and France.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Yes hyphen minus is allowed and a valid ASCII character. Hash "#" is also okay. England has like 501 names in it while kievan rus for example has 329, so you can rule out that there is some limit to the names faction wise.

And you said you're getting CTDs right? That's because of the names. Your names.txt has to be bug free otherwise you will get a CTD without any explanation in log file (this might also explain some CTDs people get whilst in campaign). Another thing is that descr_names.txt can have a same name like "John" for 2 or more factions but it should only have one entry in names.txt like {John}John.
    Ishan,

I might get some time to work on this soon. Would you mind sharing your thought on the "work around" for the blank names issue?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeopterix View Post
    This errors has occured when I try to play with RLC submod:

1-

2-

... If I accept and run the game... CTD.

I make all how said in the first post (about installation)... whats wrong?

thank you.

Got the exact same thing. IS there any fix around here? Would be very nice^^

Is this tested at all, when used with the Komenian roster mod as well?

cause I'm having some major crashes, most of which relate to units.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushwithoutmercy View Post

Highly unlikely that it has been tested. RLC uses the Sherwood Archer unit, if you use any mod that eliminates that unit then you're likely to have trouble.