Thread: [Info] 3.3 units file in spreadsheet format

Default [Info] 3.3 units file in spreadsheet format

As per the title, I have formatted the units file into a spreadsheet format. I find it useful for comparing and referencing units and thought others might too, particularly those who are new to this mod and want to understand the differences from vanilla and other mods (as I am). I have copied export_descr_unit into a tab and then created the table version on another tab, then repeated with the dark age and early era files also. I have also added to the end of the data a summary of key data like attack/defense stats and a rudimentary comparison column of the total attack and defense multiplied by unit size and a sort of "value for money" column of this total divided by the cost. I also find it useful for examining recruitment rosters by faction by filtering on the "ownership" attribute.
    Last edited by part_time_player; March 20, 2011 at 09:51 AM.

Default Re: 3.3 units file in spreadsheet format

Quote Originally Posted by part_time_player View Post
    As per the title, I have formatted the units file into a spreadsheet format. I find it useful for comparing and referencing units and thought others might too, particularly those who are new to this mod and want to understand the differences from vanilla and other mods (as I am). I have copied export_descr_unit into a tab and then created the table version on another tab, then repeated with the dark age and early era files also. I have also added to the end of the data a summary of key data like attack/defense stats and a rudimentary comparison column of the total attack and defense multiplied by unit size and a sort of "value for money" column of this total divided by the cost. I also find it useful for examining recruitment rosters by faction by filtering on the "ownership" attribute.

Very nice . This will help new players alot, I hope SV or someone stickies this.