Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kings and Crusaders submod

Default Kings and Crusaders submod

This is a small add-on of historical Kings and Crusaders and some generals. This would not have been possible without Dave's KGCM, most stable and fun mod I have ever played; as well as, Soul Firez' HHB (perfect submod for the perfect mod). I guess this is a sub mod to soul's sub mod, so a subsubmod lol. I learned how to do this by reverse engineering Soul's work, and when I got stuck on an error, by the helpful people in the Mod's Workshop forum. If you like the work be sure to +rep Dave, Soul, and Peteriscoolz who will be making an autoinstaller. If you don want to autoinstall I will have directions on how to do it manually, so you will know how to undo it without reinstalling the submod again.

The following characters are included, all with a specific traits for themselves.

Ireland: Conor O'Dea and Godfrey O'Donnell - war with england + turn - Lords Retinue
    England: Edward of Woodstock - war with france + turn - NE Late Bodyguard
    Teutonic Order: Hermann von Salza - number of settlements - Ritterbruder
    Antioch: Roger des Moulins, and Guerin de Montaigu - war with turks + turn - Marshall of the Hospitallers
    Jerusalem: Robert de Sable and Gerard Ridefort - war with turks + turn - Marshall of the Templars
    Milan: Conrad of Montferrat - war with hre + turn - Famiglia Ducale (This guy married Isabella of Jerusalem and became King of Jerusalem, she will be playable before him by a few years, so save her if you want to steal him)
    France: Bertrand du Guesclin - war with england + turn - Lancers
    Poland: Wladyslaw the Short - war with teutonic order + turn
    Wales: Madog ap Llewelyn - war with england + turn - NE Late Bodyguard
    HRE: Rudolph von Hapsburg - turn - Gothic Knights
    Lithuania: Vytenis - with with teutonic order + turn - EE Late Bodyguard (Claimed to be Catholic to keep Poland and the church subdued, but I made him a pagan as he was rumored to have been if any lithuanian fans want to stay pagan.)
    Kiev: Dmitry Donskoy - war with mongols + turn - Tsars Guard + plus a medium stack
    Flanders: William of Julich - war with france - Chivalric Knights
    Portugal: Afonso - number of settlements - SE Bodyguard
    Scotland: Robert and Edward, the Bruce - war with england + turn, war with ireland + turn - NE Late Bodyguard
    Spain: Saint Ferdinand - turn + number of settlement - Chivalric Knights

Totaling twenty more generals. I also changed ownership of all the rebel provinces near Egypt. This will greatly change gameplay for Jerusalem and Antioch. Prepare to be overrun. If you don't want this like that just save your descr_strat and replace the new one.

SAVE YOUR OLD FILES BEFORE TRYING THIS, I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO CERTIFY 100% NO ERRORS.

K&C 1.0 UPDATED - Doulbe catapults and trebuchets, increased their cost and increased their upkeep. Jerusalem and Antioch can have Templars and Hospitallers, less desertion during crusades.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...saders_1.0.rar

K&C 1.1 UPDATED - Added Canons of the Holy Sepulcher for those who want them.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FDV1H2ZQ
    Last edited by chris7ian; July 23, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

Default Re: Kings and Crusaders submod

Mate,gimme the files and I'll make you an auto installer + if you need any help with skins I'm your man.

Im not reskinning anything. Stock units are fine for me I care more about the gameplay. Feel free to reskin for yourself though I'll get you the files once I make sure the triggers all work so about a week (240 turns). Btw is there a way to simulate without having to be there to end turn every turn????
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

Umm...no?

I also edited Jerusalems family tree if any one wants that. Peter do you know how to create traits? I was going to create hero traits like Soul did but dont know anything about editing them. Was going to add Irishhero 1 - gives more authority and popularity, and Shows the characters name in trait discription. Like Hugh O'Neill
    Last edited by chris7ian; July 16, 2010 at 11:30 AM.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I think you can add character traits with the Geomod,The Geomod is an amazingly good tool you can find tio in the maping section of tools tutorial and rescources.

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by chris7ian View Post
    Im not reskinning anything. Stock units are fine for me I care more about the gameplay. Feel free to reskin for yourself though I'll get you the files once I make sure the triggers all work so about a week (240 turns). Btw is there a way to simulate without having to be there to end turn every turn????
    You can do a hotseat campaign...

Set up the Hotseat with England or faction of choice, as the only "human" player. Once you get to the first faction, in this case England, hit the "~" key and type in " control england " (leave off the quotes). This will set all the factions to AI control and the campaign will run on its own. You can still use your hot keys to see things like the diplomacy screen and such. If you want to take back control of England or any faction for that matter, just repeat the above steps... hit the "~" key and type in " control england " (leave off the quotes).

Hope this helped...

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Thx MiiKLL your a life saver. I was 20 turns through with the Apache's and said hell with it. Was going to post it, but I was warry of putting out something that might not be as advertised. Thanks again, +rep.
    Last edited by chris7ian; July 17, 2010 at 04:17 AM.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Update coming in a few days. Figured out how to get the battle_models to work for Jerusalem, thanks to Taiji. Still have to do dismounted knights and knights templar.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Could ask Soul for them (even though he isn't around)

Yeah sorry I cant make em chris I'm actually not much interested in KGCM anymore.

But I will sure make you an Auto installer!

Its all good. I got them done.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

How did you do them I thought you didnt have photoshop?

Used what was ingame, borrowing from other factions. Didnt need to photoshop at all.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

First post updated. If you have any problems with the link or suggestions let me know!
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Hello There,

I stumbled upon your subsubmod, I found it intriguing and anxiously I tried to play it, but I find myself CTD on starting the game.

I am no newby. I installed your mini-mod upon a clean 4.2. It didn't work. I installed it upon a clean Horde and heroes and it didn't work either. So, please specific some installation directions.

You must have 4.2 installed and then install Heroes hordes and beyond and then use the submod.Also if you get CTD do you have a log in your logs file?

If you post your log as Peter said I could help you more accurately. When installing the files you didnt leave any out? My guess is the you pasted a folder over the original folder instead of only pasting in the file over the original files. Not everything in the folder is being replaced. I put the folders in so you can see where to go to put the files in.

As Peter said you need KGCM 4.2 with the HHB submod parts one and two plus the quickfix. Then copy paste the files I have altered into the KGCM data folder where appropiate. If you still have problems I'll be around.

Also add this line to your prefences file for KGCM
    Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt level = * trace level = * error
    This will trace your error on a crash and give more detailed info. Check you logs folder to find the new logs.

Peter where you still going to make an installer? If not I'll look into making one.
    Last edited by chris7ian; August 02, 2010 at 11:26 AM.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Thank you for your advice. I will try to find out what went wrong using the sintax you gave me for the logfile. I will come back with more as soon as I can...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast