Thread: Any Shogun 1 mods?

Default Any Shogun 1 mods?

Currently I'm satisfying my cravings for Shogun 2 by playing the first one, my PC doesn't have the graphic card capable of playing S2. Are there any mods available? I can't seem to find any.
    Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that- in chaos. The world is born from zero. The moment the world becomes one, is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes two, two becomes ten, ten becomes one hundred. Taking it all back to one solves nothing. So long as zero remains, one will eventually grow to one hundred again. - Big Boss

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Any Shogun 1 mods?

No, modding on TW started on Medieval 1, then reached an epoch with RTW and M2, and we are making slow progress on ETW-TWS2

You can mod the stats - i.e. the unit stats, the projectile stats and a few others, but that's about it.

The STW/MI expansion imbalanced the stats of the original STW game. You can mod the stats back to more closely resemble the pre MI original. It makes for a more challenging campaign if that's what you're after:

Have a look here: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...=1#post1387519

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

You could also get MTW1 and download the Samurai Wars mod which pretty much is STW1 on the MTW engine.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

There is a large number of mods, in fact, for STW with the expansion (MI or the pack warlord edition(?)). The MI offers the possibility to create your own campaign, just you can't mod the set campaigns like you can in MTW.

Here is the list with the STW mods available:

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?catid=14

Regards

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

Can you mod the names in Shogun Total War? I mean, look at how many famous samurai names where left out: Baba Nobufusa, Kato Kiyomasa, Araki Murashige, Ukita Hideie, Otani, Konishi, Shishido, etc etc.

I just want to add more or change some names. Can it be done?

As far as I know modding the names cannot be done, no.

Quote Originally Posted by caravel View Post
    As far as I know modding the names cannot be done, no.

Thanks for the info, mate. I really appreciate it. There is one thing that is strange. When I tried it, for some reason I get like this message: error {"hijikata_sn_xyz"} could not be found. This happened when I tried to remove that surename from the game....Made me think that there could be a way to completely remove surenames from the game.

Can you place existing names to specific factions then?

As far as I am aware - no. Replacing those names will break it, as they are not the names but references to the names that are then translated into region specific languages as required. With MTW a lot of this was stored in plain text, whereas in STW it's mostly in binary data files.

All you can really do is modify the unit stats, the projectile stats and I think you can set up your own campaigns - but that's something I've never messed with in STW. All in all it's very limited and if you want to start modding the first engine, MTW is your best option. There is a mod for MTW called Samurai Warlords, that basically turns the game into STW.
    Last edited by caravel; May 24, 2011 at 05:00 AM.

Hi guys, girls. I've discovered on how to add some of the missing generals in shogun:TW.
    For those of you who don't know, CA left quite a few famous generals out of the game, and most of the surenames for the factions are wrong. Matsudaira for the Shimazu clan!? Give me a break!!

So far I've added Baba Nobufusa for the Takeda, Akagawa Motoyasu, Kobayakawa Takakage, Shishido Takaie for mori and Tachibana Dosetsu for Shimazu.

If any of you are interested in how to add these generals to the game, just p.m. me. I'll write an easy guide on how to do it....

Yes
    http://www.moddb.com/games/shogun-total-war/mods
    Quote Originally Posted by strategist.com View Post
    Currently I'm satisfying my cravings for Shogun 2 by playing the first one, my PC doesn't have the graphic card capable of playing S2. Are there any mods available? I can't seem to find any.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Technically, yes.…

Some work have been done for STW - but all that are basically small-time/scale stuff because STW is typically difficult and rather hostile environment to mod in (possibly one of the very worst in TW). As a result, nothing major has ever been released for STW in public to this day. It is a matter of limited/small scale tweaking things, or changing files back and forth - as in contrast to seriously altering, shaping, creating things/elements as can/(have) be(en) done in MTW1, RTW or MTW2 for instance. Again, no major work has been created for STW1 to this day - if there had been, we would have surely heard something about it by now. Of course, this don't mean that the work done for it is any less welcome....

- A