Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mod to stop AI from spawning units instantly when out of your line of sight

Default Re: Mod to stop AI from spawning units instantly when out of your line of sight

I wondered about this.. I was playing Mori and I saw Chosekbe as a potential target, so I scouted the area and only showed 1 full stack and a half stack. The first castle was an easy target then came the full stack defeated them at cost of my own next turn (the half stack I saw had to be at least 2-3 turns away) here comes another full stack they beat me at heavy casualties to themselves and take their land back. I have a another half stack standing by so I launch another assault the next turn and their at full strength I beat them and a smaller stack ....here comes another Full stack with full stack of allies so I say if you want that bad you can keep it lol. End of story..I retreat and regroup with 2 full Stacks! and case your wondering how I was able to manage all these units is with 34000 Kouku and making 8000 a turn

I kind of like the idea since I like fighting waves (some times) but it get tedious think.. Mongol hordes in M2TW. I also hate the Idea at the same time because like many have said its cheating, they could at least make it like an event were if your beating them real bad a message pops up saying Enemy Samurai fear players expansion and raise up against you (or something).

Default Re: Mod to stop AI from spawning units instantly when out of your line of sight

here is "campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects.tsv"

Difficulty(int) True__x0023__Player_x0020_False__x0023__AI(boolean) Effect_IDRef(string) Magnitude(float)
    -1 false "admin_cost_mod" 0
    -1 false "ai_region_resistance_modifier" -110
    -1 false "personal_security" -1
    -1 false "recruitment_cost_mod_land_all" 10
    -1 false "recruitment_cost_mod_naval_all" 10
    -1 false "repression_gov_type" 5
    -1 false "research_rate_mod" -10
    -1 false "upkeep_cost_mod_land_all" 10
    -1 false "upkeep_cost_mod_naval_all" 10
    -1 true "happy_resistance_mod_general" -10
    -1 true "recruitment_cost_mod_land_all" 10
    -1 true "recruitment_cost_mod_naval_all" 10
    -1 true "upkeep_cost_mod_land_all" 10
    -1 true "upkeep_cost_mod_naval_all" 10
    -2 true "happy_resistance_mod_general" 0
    -2 true "recruitment_cost_mod_land_all" 20
    -2 true "recruitment_cost_mod_naval_all" 20
    -2 true "upkeep_cost_mod_land_all" 20
    -2 true "upkeep_cost_mod_naval_all" 20
    -3 true "happy_resistance_mod_general" 0
    -3 true "recruitment_cost_mod_land_all" 25
    -3 true "recruitment_cost_mod_naval_all" 23
    -3 true "upkeep_cost_mod_land_all" 25
    -3 true "upkeep_cost_mod_naval_all" 25
    0 false "admin_cost_mod" -10
    0 false "ai_region_resistance_modifier" -120
    0 false "repression_gov_type" 5
    0 false "research_rate_mod" 0
    0 true "happy_resistance_mod_general" -20
    1 false "Movement_Points_All" 10
    1 false "admin_cost_mod" -30
    1 false "ai_region_resistance_modifier" -130
    1 false "personal_security" 1
    1 false "recruitment_cost_mod_land_all" -10
    1 false "recruitment_cost_mod_naval_all" -10
    1 false "repression_gov_type" 5
    1 false "research_rate_mod" 10
    1 false "tech_clan_income_tax_mod" 10
    1 false "upkeep_cost_mod_land_all" -10
    1 false "upkeep_cost_mod_naval_all" -10
    1 true "happy_resistance_mod_general" -30
    1 true "personal_security" 1
    1 true "recruitment_cost_mod_land_all" -10
    1 true "upkeep_cost_mod_land_all" -10
    1 true "upkeep_cost_mod_naval_all" -10
    2 false "Movement_Points_All" 20
    2 false "admin_cost_mod" -50
    2 false "ai_region_resistance_modifier" -140
    2 false "naval_recruitment_points" 1
    2 false "personal_security" 2
    2 false "recruitment_cost_mod_land_all" -20
    2 false "recruitment_cost_mod_naval_all" -20
    2 false "recruitment_points" 1
    2 false "repression_gov_type" 5
    2 false "research_rate_mod" 30
    2 false "tech_clan_income_tax_mod" 20
    2 false "upkeep_cost_mod_land_all" -20
    2 false "upkeep_cost_mod_naval_all" -20
    3 false "Movement_Points_All" 25
    3 false "admin_cost_mod" -70
    3 false "ai_region_resistance_modifier" -150
    3 false "naval_recruitment_points" 1
    3 false "personal_security" 3
    3 false "recruitment_cost_mod_land_all" -25
    3 false "recruitment_cost_mod_naval_all" -25
    3 false "recruitment_points" 1
    3 false "repression_gov_type" 5
    3 false "research_rate_mod" 50
    3 false "tech_clan_income_tax_mod" 30
    3 false "upkeep_cost_mod_land_all" -33
    3 false "upkeep_cost_mod_naval_all" -33

-3(player) is legendary difficult
    3(ai) is AI BONUS

"
    3 false "Movement_Points_All" 25 - ai can move 25% long than you
    3 false "admin_cost_mod" -70 - ai need only 70% money
    3 false "ai_region_resistance_modifier" -150 - ai can easiy occupy any region
    3 false "naval_recruitment_points" 1 - ai have 1 more naval recruit slot
    3 false "personal_security" 3 - ai hard to assasinate
    3 false "recruitment_cost_mod_land_all" -25 - 25% cheap
    3 false "recruitment_cost_mod_naval_all" -25 - 25% cheap
    3 false "recruitment_points" 1 - ai have 1 more recruit slot
    3 false "repression_gov_type" 5 - +5 repression
    3 false "research_rate_mod" 50 - 50% quick research
    3 false "tech_clan_income_tax_mod" 30 - 30% more income
    3 false "upkeep_cost_mod_land_all" -33 - 33% cheap upkeep
    "

while
    "
    -3 true "happy_resistance_mod_general" 0 - you have zero
    -3 true "recruitment_cost_mod_land_all" 25 - you 25% more cost
    -3 true "recruitment_cost_mod_naval_all" 23 - 23% more cost
    -3 true "upkeep_cost_mod_land_all" 25 -25% more
    -3 true "upkeep_cost_mod_naval_all" 25 -25 more
    "

Last edited by deathblow; March 28, 2011 at 07:39 PM.

Ender_7's Avatar Libertus

Thank you for this mod, works as intended for me. I'm sure a lot of people welcome the challenge, but it's very frustrating defeating full stacks and having another one pop up 2 turns later. It's just a very artificial way to increase difficulty, there have to be better ways.

lol, there's just no pleasing people. For years many people (including myself) complained that TW campaigns were too easy. I remember people creating garrison scripts or scripts to artificially up AI generals, etc. Now the campaign's kicking some butt, people are complaining about the AI cheats... Face up to it, the AI needs cheats to be competitive. CA have tried all sorts of economic ones in previous titles and it's never enough. Now they've finally struck it at the right difficulty, it's too much. lol. You're hoping for a miracle that only a human opponent can provide.

Well, at the very least we now have an excellent reason for developing our agents down the spying tech trees.

It's possible to make a game with a smart AI that challenges human players without cheating. Galactic Civilizations 2 is an excellent example.

This thread was kind of a mixed bag for me. I was sad to learn that the AI really is spawning in stacks as I had suspected, but glad to see that someone has made a mod to rectify this. I'll install the mod and increase the difficulty and hopefully end up with a game where the AI is still a challenge, but doesn't have to break the rules quite as blatantly.

Primicerius

This (the insta-spawns) kind of explains why I had a cakewalk in my first game. I scouted the enemy's territory 5 provinces ahead. For my army, it became an easy hop from one empty castle to another...

In my second game, I did not bother scouting ahead and bam - got a bottleneck of 5(!) AI's stacks... The battle was unforgettable though. The bottom line is: as long as you use your ninjas, you're covered...
    Last edited by Slaists; March 29, 2011 at 12:37 PM.

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

good work on this
    downloaded

Perhaps if the spawning was restricted only to higher difficulty levels, say high and above, it would be a better compromise for people who want a challenge. But this is happening even on easy, which should be just that. Dont get me wrong, easy is still, well...easy, it's no problem winning battles against the AI, but having to constantly do that every few turns is tiresome. Economic and recruitment slot bonuses are perfectly okay, but instantly spawning units? I don't remember this happening in ETW and NTW.

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    One table that controls some of these cheats is cdir_desire_priorities. I set two of the variables there to zero. Obviously I found the ones who control the spawning.
    Alternatively, you just changed a variable which the AI uses to decide what to build in a given situation and hence made it less effective at building units.

*I* have never seen an AI stack which they couldn't have built themselves, but I'm not ready to dismiss what others have said just yet. An official CA denial would help, and their silence on the matter makes me suspicious.

Same here. It seems like the AI isn't governed by the same sets of restrictions that human players need to abide by. I've noticed on more than one occasion where you could rout an enemy after a siege, but with both sides having taken heavy losses, you wouldn't think they'd come back the next turn. However, low and behold, the enemy is back with fresh troops, stronger than before, like nothing ever happened. It leaves me scratching my head how they can replenish their armies that fast, especially when you're still recovering from the previous battle(s), like the AI is making uber-amounts of money behind the scenes.
    What makes you think the army was replenished/freshly built?
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Man I was never really bothered by the AI spawning stacks at random.

Until now. Was playing my Shimazu campaign, doing my thing and suddenly the Shoni showed up with a 2/3 stack of _3 chevron units, 6 of them samurai archers_. I mean okay maybe they had the artisan buildings that increase archer exp but EVERY unit in the stack? Please.

There is no spawning.. They are just troops hidden in forests, and before you do the same old "no lol" response. That is the fact.
    I love how when the player can do something in a game, it is okay and not a cheat, such as having your armies be 100% invisible in a forest.
    But the second that an AI can do the same, it is suddenly a conspiracy that can only be explained by the AI spawning armies. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher (CA dev at official forums)
    The Campaign AI does not get free armies
    There has recently been a lot of discussion about the possibility that the Campaign AI is spawning armies to increase the difficulty to the player.

To be clear, the Campaign AI does not spawn additional forces except under the following four circumstances:
    • The Ashikaga faction. To represent the idea that the Shogun could place a levy upon his subjects and to improve game play the Ashikaga gets some free units.
    • Rebellions, these troops are the result of a spontaneous (or incited) uprising.
    • Wako pirates, they are pirates and not subject to normal rules!
    • European Traders, the Black Ship.
    Any other forces you encounter are the result of the AI's recruitment through normal channels.
    On harder difficulty levels the AI gets some (minor) recruitment bonuses that may allow it to field armies more quickly than the player.
    On easier difficulty levels the AI is penalised and you should be able to out produce it.

Besides normal troop recruitment the AI can also acquire forces through the normal defection and bribery mechanics.

Also note that the AI has a tendency to hide forces and that Ninjas and other agents are not 100% effective in revealing ambushing armies. Don't assume that because an agent can see some location that an army isn't there waiting to ambush.

I hope this clarifies things!
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...et-free-armies
    Last edited by Baleurion; March 30, 2011 at 11:35 AM.

Well, that clears it. So maybe the changes I did in the mod have to do with that recruitment boost.

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

This is gonna be one of those "Who shot JFK?/Paul is dead/Elvis Lives!" type mysteries that lives on forever ...

Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    There is no spawning.. They are just troops hidden in forests, and before you do the same old "no lol" response. That is the fact.
    I love how when the player can do something in a game, it is okay and not a cheat, such as having your armies be 100% invisible in a forest.
    But the second that an AI can do the same, it is suddenly a conspiracy that can only be explained by the AI spawning armies. lol

That is such BS and everyone knows it. They're just trying to make it look like their AI is top of the line and capable of going up against human players without cheats and bonuses

Senator

yep that sounds like bs... ing liers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post

OK.... so now with this, does this mean on VH CAI, the AI has like 10 recruitment slots or something?

GAH .. now I am stuck in limbo land (hard is easy for me and vanilla VH is just repetitive grinding) ... anyone have tips on how to give the AI VH CAI economy bonuses but reduce the # of recruitment slots it has?

Prefer to play in a VH environment with a scaled back number of recruitment slots. Hard does not give me this

edit

"
    3 false "recruitment_points" 1 - ai have 1 more recruit slot
    3 false "tech_clan_income_tax_mod" 30 - 30% more income
    3 false "upkeep_cost_mod_land_all" -33 - 33% cheap upkeep
    "

Double GAH!.. does this mean on VH the AI only has 1 bonus recruitment slot? Man..... why is my Hard experience so different from VH....
    Last edited by Krenshaw; March 30, 2011 at 08:05 PM.

Looks like we where wrong then. The AI simply gets big bonuses to economy and recruitment. This mod is still usefull though for people who like to take their time with their first campaigns, as it does make things easier, just remove it when you're ready for a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender_7 View Post
    Looks like we where wrong then. The AI simply gets big bonuses to economy and recruitment. This mod is still usefull though for people who like to take their time with their first campaigns, as it does make things easier, just remove it when you're ready for a challenge.
    I never have experience for the enemy spawning no where. I also feel that hard/hard level is quite 'easy'. very hard is challenge for some clans such as oda and usesugi. never try legendary because I think it is bs!!!

Instead of wasting your time to complain things, why don't spend those time to polish your skills and beat the hell out of AI in very hard level?????

Just played 5 turns of Shimazu, Chosokabe and Date to check something and confirmed my suspicions.

Oda doesn't die off in round one anymore!

I guess the mod is working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by visser300 View Post
    I never have experience for the enemy spawning no where. I also feel that hard/hard level is quite 'easy'. very hard is challenge for some clans such as oda and usesugi. never try legendary because I think it is bs!!!

Instead of wasting your time to complain things, why don't spend those time to polish your skills and beat the hell out of AI in very hard level?????
    I rather leave grinding to stupid poker players and MMOers.