View Poll Results: Wait for the patch?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • The patch won't improve it significantly enough to wait for it.

45 80.36%
  • It's pretty broken - wait until the patch for the best experience.

11 19.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Play now or wait for the patch?

dutch81's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Play now or wait for the patch?

Why does it need balancing? Yes a lot of factions get killed off (yes playable ones as well) but so what? The fact is other factions seem to rise and keep pace with the players growth very well perhaps even better so it keeps the game fun and challenging. I have yet to see any faction completely run away as happened in previous TW titles here there are a number of factions that do well ... if the AI was not allowed to grow basically in the interest of keeping everyone around, who would be in a position to challenge the player as he has continued to grow unimpeded.

From what I have seen this is hands down the best TW title ever ... now Japan might not be your cup of tea but that is not the same thing as saying the game is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by bangell99 View Post
    So, my pre-order (so much for that) finally arrived today. I've been hearing some encouraging things about the game, but as expected, there was also a lot of grumbling about broken features in the initial release.

Would you recommend I give in to temptation and play Shogun 2 now, or wait for the promised patch in a few weeks?
    Play now - what have you got to lose? And mate, this is TW Center. CA could release the perfect game and there will still be grumbling about 'broken' features. What are these broken features you speak of? For me, the only thing that's broken is the patch that borked the game up (so I didn't update it) and the infantry/ships are a bit too fast.

I don't see the logic in buying a game at full price, and then leaving it on the shelf for four weeks.

From what I have seen this is hands down the best TW title ever ... now Japan might not be your cup of tea but that is not the same thing as saying the game is not good.
    Japan's a completely different 'cup of tea' to every other TW game. That's actually one of the reasons I like it!
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

The patch won't improve it significantly enough to wait for it.

hm, where is the "The game is friggin great even without AA" option?
    Biased poll, you want us to say "no, wait"?

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

play know why wait
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

Of course play now.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Play now - what have you got to lose? And mate, this is TW Center. CA could release the perfect game and there will still be grumbling about 'broken' features. What are these broken features you speak of? For me, the only thing that's broken is the patch that borked the game up (so I didn't update it) and the infantry/ships are a bit too fast.

I don't see the logic in buying a game at full price, and then leaving it on the shelf for four weeks.

Japan's a completely different 'cup of tea' to every other TW game. That's actually one of the reasons I like it!
    QFT

people around here just can't sit back and enjoy the game for what it is. they will always complain.
    always.

Try to make a non biased poll. Neither option represents my view that the game is fine. Patches can only help, but the game is entirely playable, and worth the cost. Best TW so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12