Thread: Win 7 install, Kingdoms

Icon5 Win 7 install, Kingdoms

I've followed the instructions to install but neither the Spanish or French have voices, save one Spanish unit, Spanish Dragoons which is in the Voice folder.

The odd thing is, I can see all the files being extracted so something is going on. After that, I get a prompt to run Kingdoms which I do, the game loads, takes me to the menu, quit and then the Dos window says the mod is ready and delete the Voices folder.

But there are no voices except for that Spanish dragoon.

I then tried to run "installXenophonia4k.bat" as an Admin, but I kept getting a prompt saying it couldn't find the "xenophonia2xfrench.ace" eventhough I'm staring at the file on my screen. For whatever reason, when I run the .bat normally, it says both the Spanish and French files are in the right directory and to continue with the install, but when I run it as an Admin, it says the French file is missing.

Do I need to install Xeno on my MTW2 game first before installing it for Kingdoms (Americas)?

Update: I installed Xeno onto my MTW2 game, the install went fine as far as I could tell, copied over the World and FMV folder as suggested and I went into my game only to find out I had virtually no sound or music in the game. Fortunately since it was in it's own mod folder I just deleted that and everything was back to normal, sadly my Americas's campaign is another story. I read in a thread that someone had similiar problems but his was a Steam copy....strange.
    Last edited by Officerpuppy; March 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM.

Default Re: Win 7 install, Kingdoms

Some good news! I found this post http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...37#post1609937 to be very useful. I installed Xeno on MTW2 first and every thing works fine now, I then installed the Kingdoms version of the mod and it works fine too!

Too bad there aren't any pre-battle speeches but I can live with that considering the alternative was not having any voices at all!
    Last edited by Officerpuppy; March 17, 2011 at 04:41 PM.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

I'm running it on Win 7 myself and have none of these problems. If you have no pre-battle speeches, something is still very wrong.

Depending on how much time you're willing to spend, I can help you get this fixed.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Actually, the mod is working perfectly now! I did some more digging around some old posts in different parts of the forum. What I did was completely disable UAC? I forgot what it was called, deleted a few folders and then installed Xeno again. For some reason, when I had that thing on, part of the mod would install in the right folder then another part of the mod would install in another folder in another directory....weird!

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Well... great! Yeah, UAC can be a real pain, I guess it sees my DOS batch scripts as a threat. Good catch.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri