Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Increased Morale Mod

Default Re: Increased Morale Mod

Quote Originally Posted by YD23 View Post
    Dropped this in your data folder? Edited the user.script.txt?
    What do I edit in the txt?

I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of marble.

Quote Originally Posted by Joneseo7 View Post
    So I put this file in my data folder but it seemes that all my units have the same morale with or without this mod on. For example my starting spearman (not even gonna try and spell it) have a morale of 5 with or without this file in my data folder. Thanks for any help guys, i really wanna try this one out!

Edit: What i meant was that on the description it still says a morale of 5 (all units are the same with or without). However i just did a battle and it seemed the units did not break nearly as easily. When this mod is enabled does it show the effects on the unit description or not?
    People really need to learn how to hover their mouse cursor over the unit icons (in the campaign, or check the stats to the right side in custom battle setup) instead of using the encyclopedia.

In the tooltips the values are changed from mods, in the encyclopedia they are always the same (static, good way to compare with vanilla values.

The problem I see with this mod is that it'll make cavalry even more useless, as cavalry already fails in a stand up fight against another ground unit due to their absurdly low unit size and defence value. I almost never use Yari Cavalry since they always get slaughtered trying to wheel out of the fight to re-charge and now they're even more useless. IMO it'll make ashigaru stacks alot more powerful whilst the poor Takeda will be even harder to play.

Is there a possibility of adding fear into cavalry units vs. sword/ashigaru such that the added morale is reduced?

Even though the morale is higher you can make the enemy flee from charging into backs, increased morale mainly effects a units morale according to casualties from what I've noticed, but if you flank them and/or charge them in back you will still notice a big drop in morale because of the being charged in the back + flanked + casualties taken, even if they don't rout instantly they will soon without a doubt.

Does anyone notice that if I use this mod the number of monk archers i have is smaller compare to when i don't use this mod....

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Bow Asigaru - 160, BoW Samurai - 120, BoW Monks - 80. Am i wrong?

i increased the unit size by x 3 LOL so bow asigaru 480, bow samurai 360, monk was 300 but when i use this mod it becomes 240... so in ultra unit size it will be 100 and after the mod 80.... Or maybe i got 100 monk archers because of other mods....I can only think of AUM-SHO....

[edit]
    I uninstalled all mods. It seems that the number of monk archers at 240 are normal... LOLz
    Last edited by LordN00KE; March 24, 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Yes bow samurai are 100 men now on ultra. It's good for me
    I just would like to increase heroes units from 40 to 60 men and samurai bowmen form 120 to 140.
    I'm afraid I have to wait for a pfm working, a long wait it seems...

Hawkeye74's Avatar Tiro
    Based in Indonesia originally from Scotland East Coast

I`ve installed darth mod, and then installed your mod. Seems to work fine

There is now quite a lot of extend carnage, and with the ulta unit sizes it gets really messy. Yay. ")

I think your suggestion to improve on what you already have would be welcome. I would still like to see longer battles, Although archers maybe tricky increasing armour to reduce their effects I`m just not sure of. But nothing ventured nothing gained.

What you have done though is balance out the Benny Hill battles, and made Shogun worthwhile. Before there were no tactics it was just rush and quick 2 minutes of mashing.

Now I can stick and hook and draw troops out or mass positions and hold reserves.

So thank you very much.
    Ships! I see no ships!

I'm using this mod, but the battles still seem to finish far too quickly.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius_Brutii View Post
    The problem I see with this mod is that it'll make cavalry even more useless, as cavalry already fails in a stand up fight against another ground unit due to their absurdly low unit size and defence value. I almost never use Yari Cavalry since they always get slaughtered trying to wheel out of the fight to re-charge and now they're even more useless. IMO it'll make ashigaru stacks alot more powerful whilst the poor Takeda will be even harder to play.

Is there a possibility of adding fear into cavalry units vs. sword/ashigaru such that the added morale is reduced?
    If it does make the battles longer (doesn't seem to be doing so for me, but maybe I've done something wrong), you can utilise the 'pin 'em with infantry and smash them with cavalry from the rear' tactic. Remember, cavalry are not designed for the meatgrinder. Get them involved in an infantry battle and they're going to die. Best to charge from the rear or flank, then the enemy will be too busy getting back up, which will enable you to charge again.

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

What I meant is that it'll stop cavalry flank attacks do any amount of damage since they have high morale. They might just tank it.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

This isn't working for me. Ashigaru Spears have 5 morale, bows 3 and Yari Samurai 10. And yes, I'm looking at the tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    This isn't working for me. Ashigaru Spears have 5 morale, bows 3 and Yari Samurai 10. And yes, I'm looking at the tooltip.
    That's the numbers from vanilla isn't it? Will the tooltip show the effects of this mod properly?

Quote Originally Posted by YD23 View Post
    Dropped this in your data folder? Edited the user.script.txt?
    What do you have to do to the user.script.txt?

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by NefariousKoel View Post
    That's the numbers from vanilla isn't it? Will the tooltip show the effects of this mod properly?
    All changes to buildings or units will show up in the tooltips, but not in the encyclopedia.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    What do you have to do to the user.script.txt?
    This is a 'movie' mod, so no scripts are required.

So all you do is just drop it into the data folder, same as most other mods? That's what I did, but I can't see any difference - battles are still over in the blink of an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Longer battles would be nice, i would probably raise armor or defence bit. But first test it if it has actual any effect, since those sync kills may ignore everything.
    That's what I'm worried about - it'll look stupid if you see someone get stabbed and he doesn't go down because he's not out of 'hitpoints' yet.

So, we can just drop this in the "Data" folder without any changes to anything else and it will magically work?

I hate it when i've completely outnumbered my opponent and i've flanked them on 2 sides which totally rapes their units but then my Samurai Ashigaru decide "Oh we've had enough BRB!" and run off, rendering my attack useless which, in turn, sends my other units routing.

Maybe there should be a no morale mod. LOL. j/k

not try to be offensive here. the mod ****ed up the multiplayer. is it possible to do it sp only?
    Last edited by irishron; June 29, 2013 at 09:26 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast