Thread: Norman conquest mod proposal: Earlier start date

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gilgalad's Avatar Libertus

Default Norman conquest mod proposal: Earlier start date

Hello, I did not find any thread on this so I apologize if someone has proposed this already for an Earlier start date:

MOD Proposal: Basically, I was wondering if anyone has already, plans to, or would like to make a mod for SS 6.4 (or other popular Kingdoms mod) that starts ca. 1050, before the papacy commissions the retaking of Christian lands from muslims in Spain & S. Italy, and the taking of Britain and perhaps others I am not familiar with. I am mostly thinking of the Normans missions as vassals of Rome to take Britain and S. Italy. These, and the earlier requests to take Spain back-later commisioned to the Leon rulers, as pre-crusades.

I lack the programing skill to change all the royal families and give the proper units, etc. But you could make it fairly simple and have Sicily and England in control of one region each in N. France (around or in Normandy) and at the right date give them missions from Rome (with great $$$ reward) to take Sicily (from a sizable Turk of muslim rebel force) and, at a later date, London (from a rebel English force) respectfully. Also, Jerusalem emergent ca. 1096, or even put them as modest rulers of Lyon or somewhere in France with a mission to take Jerusalem sometime after 1090. The later way would make the crusades more varied each playing as another kingdom may take Antioch or Jerusalem but the Jerusalem faction would be in the region by 1100-most likely that is. This somewhat represents the move of viking/norman/franks to begin taking over the world and simply put the start date back further than any mods I have seen.

Well, just a suggestion. And thanks to all the mods like SS and its subs that have greatly improved ME2TW
    Last edited by gilgalad; March 15, 2011 at 05:12 PM.