Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Shimazu Campaign Guide

Default Re: The Shimazu Campaign Guide

My advice would be:
    - do it early, right after killing off ito (you have 3 provinces) if you can avoid war with Shoni/Sagara. Or right after you have unified the island. I did it while I was unifying the island on legendary and that was more fun than expected.
    - if you choose to do it while you only have 3 provinces, dont bother to upgrade the castles. One free slot in the two conquered provinces (burn down any building that eventually has been built by Ito) means 2 chapels. Leave youre starting city without a chapel. If you choose to do it after you have unified the island, try to keep the low profitable provinces with just one building (chapel) and leave the sake den/market/chapel for the 3 wealthy provinces you have ((2 starting provinces of Shoni and starting province of Sagara)then put a metsuke in each.)) Missionaries has to be built asap of course.

Reason for going christian, really is the nanban trade ships, they are beyond amazing. Put one of those between the island and the main land, and no army can reach you. Have one protecting youre capitals harbour (it costs way to much money to have pirates "sieging""it.) And put a general in one and head out for glory. Its amazing how much "free" experience you get from naval battles, and you get to see some new options while youre general is leveling up (like european shipwrecked etc.) Since I can only have 4 generals share experience from the same battle, I usually put the 5 and 6 th general in a navy.

Christian missionaries are also fun, and the extra bonus to chi research is nice.

The cannons and the muskets are pretty much useless (on higher difficulty) except for sieges for muskets, unless youre a better player than me (so this is just my point of view.) But fun to try and play with.

The honor loss is easy to fix by chi research and the 2 points you can get from stat points. But you have to plan ahead, its far too late when you actually turn christian to think of these things.

WelshDragon's Avatar Miles

Thanks again for the suggestion... I finally got a good one going, I have the island and a couple of provinces on the mainland. I let the buddists revolt a few times just to get my generals some EXP.

And wow, Nanban trade ships rule! I took down an entire Usegi fleet with two, but usually one is enough to clear the seas of an enemy.

Teching up now, building good troop and preparing for realm divide soon. Muskets as a defense in castles are great, never used them before, and the cannons. It's like a whole new experience
    Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true. - Julius Ceasar

First phase: Secure most if not all of Kyushu.

Because Shimazu starts the game at war with Ito, the first military task I performed was eliminating Ito from the game and securing their two provinces. I took my time after getting Osumi to negate the adverse diplomatic effects of expanding too fast. (This is important in keeping trade and good relations with the Sagara clan.)

I upgraded port on turn 1 with the goal of getting trade ships as soon as possible. While waiting for construction to finish, I would purchase 1st level bow vessels and park them on the trade hubs adjacent to Kyushu.

I knew I had to eliminate Shoni from the game next, while keeping Sagara out of that fight. Accordingly, I would throw spare cash to Sagara as gifts, to minimize the expansion penalty. The continuing trade with Sagara also kept us on good terms.

I believed Shoni declared war on me first, which was nice, and Sagara stayed out of that fight. Just for good measure, I kept at least a stack of 5 troops in starting province to keep Sagara out of my way.

First Shoni province to fall was Bungo, which had the nanban trade port going on. As soon as I could, I built a monastery in that province and recruited a monk to convert the population back to Buddhism (this takes a really long time, and you will need to keep an unfortunately large garrison there for some time.)

Thereafter, I would continue to wait a few seasons between attacks, again to keep Sagara pacified. I was able to conquer all of Kyushu and keep Sagara out of it. During this time, I would add additional garrison troops to home province so Sagara would stay nice.

Phase 2 -- taking Shikoku.

Next target was Shikoku, which Chosokabe had dominated by the time I wiped out Shoni. I amassed an invasion force while waiting for Chosokabe to strike the southern-most provinces of Honshu. After noticing several of switches of ownership of those provinces, I invaded the Tosa province. Next turn, I took out the northern province of Shikoku, and blockaded all of Chosokabe's remaining ports -- keeping its armies on Honshu and away from me while I took the remaining provinces of Shikoku. After I secured Shikoku, Chosokabe basically sued for peace, which I accepted after a few turns.

Phase 3 -- Eliminating Chosokabe and Realm Divide

After rebuilding my armies on Shikoku, and building another army on northeast province of Kyushu, I declared war on Chosokabe after 1 year of peace. I invaded from Shikoku and from Kyushu. After I took out their largest army, it was only a matter of time. By this time, I made Sagara an ally. I also kept a single stack army in the provinces north and south of Sagara.

After I wiped out Chosokabe, the shogun decreed a Realm Divide and it was on. Interestingly, after Realm Divide was declared, the Oda clan took over the shogunate.

As per normal, every other clan declared war against me. Once Sagara declared war on me, I waited until it moved its armies to attack one of my undefended provinces on Kyushu. While their armies were in transit, I took out Sagara's only province, and defeated the remaining Sagaran rebels. As a result, I now have all but Kyoto of my must secure provinces.

My interim plans are to build a northern fleet and a southern fleet to defend my trade hubs. Thereafter, I'm going to work my way up the western coast of Honshu, taking out individual clans as soon as possible. Once I encounter the main Oda army, however, I will open a second front on the Oda provinces on the eastern side of Honshu, which should wipe them out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDragon View Post
    Damn, was doing well on a hard campaign last night, trying to do a christian game and in the middle of trying to put down several buddist revolts, the Ouchi show up with a full stack of samurai and it was game over, I was too spread out to recover.

How do you recover from going christian? Your daimyo loses too much honor, everyone hates you, and you have revolts unless you keep huge garrisons in every buddhist town.
    It's all about timing, really. Build a nanban trade port and allow Christianity to start spreading. Some of the other clans in Kyushu will also begin to build nanban trade ports and some may go so far as to accept Christianity. Do not convert yet. You should start getting some events that reflect the growing religious divide in your provinces and clan. Side with the Christians in order to accelerate the spread of the religion
    While all this is going on, try to get the Honorable trait for your Daimyo to offset the future hit for adopting Christianity. You will also want to work your way to the Essence of Spirit tech so you can build churches as soon as you convert, which affect neigboring provinces quite remarkably. The tea ceremony tech is close by, so if you have the time, pick it up as well to boost your honor and diplomatic relations.

When you've got a clan that's roughly 50% Christian, you'll begin to notice order problems in some of your provinces. You might need to lower taxes temporarily on your way to 50% to keep the peace - it's worth it. As soon as you hit that 50% mark, convert. You will suffer the -2 honor for doing so, but you've hopefully padded that a little by then. Additionally, you'll still have some public order problems, but they're only roughly as bad as the ones you had pre-conversion due to waiting for it. Begin building chapels and churches immediately, choosing central provinces for your biggest churches for the "neighboring province" bonus. Missionaries should be sent out to convert agents and incite rebellions and demoralize armies to level them quickly. Before you know it, Kyushu should be Christian and quite likely yours.

Christian religious buildings offer some amazing bonuses to researching chi arts and to growth. Include them in provinces as often as you can, especially in central and/or market provinces.

Here's what I've been doing. During the first turn I set my tax to minimum, and start working on chi arts. I also take Osumi. I spend koku on building up Satsuma's port where I can get a trade port as soon as possible, and also work on my farms. I usually wait on Osumi's port a little bit, but it's important to open up multiple trade lane options. I also train an archer to give myself a little more ranged power.

It takes a few turns to take Hyuga, and I don't want to get caught outside a friendly province in Winter, so I just wait and regenerate. Ito will usually send a force within range by Autumn, and I have to make sure they won't go around my army to get at Satsuma. I'm usually ready to advance in Spring.

Once I get my farms up, I increase my taxes up to normal. I send a ship over to discover Chosokabe to start a trade route, as well as finding other clans on the mainland. I just keep sailing along the coast to find clan after clan so I can keep better tabs on things.

The second art I work on is Zen so I can get my monks and temples. this is because of Otomo, which is a Christian faction. After getting rid of Ito, I attack them. Their war with Shoni and possibly Sagara will have made them weak. Bungo gives me a naval tradition province to produce a fine navy, though it will take a lot of turns to convert the Christian population. Speed that up with a temple and three monks.

Get trade ships on trade lanes, and make trade agreements with the Chosokabe, and whoever is doing well on Western Japan. Sometimes it's Mori, sometimes it's Amako, or some other clan. Hopefully they'll be able to take and keep Mimasaka, so you can import iron.

As for the rest of the island, I've seen different things happen. Sometimes Shoni will war with Ouchi, and sometimes they'll ally. Same with Sagara. Depending on what's going on, and how patient you are, you can use diplomacy to divide them, and force of arms to crush them. The end result should be sole control over Kyushu island. Use the smithy to give infantry better weapons or armor. Use warhorses to give cavalry a better charge bonus. Use crafts to give your ranged units better accuracy. You'll want to upgrade the settlements in these regions as much as possible, as they are your most valuable unit training provinces.

You should be making a lot of money by this point. You can opt to build markets up in the other settlements, but I've sometimes had food shortages when trying to build too many food consuming buildings.

Assuming you're producing and importing every resource by now, the only thing you really need more of is philosophical tradition. There are five total, and you should have one already to help research arts. One of them is in Kyoto, and taking that will cause Realm divide. Save that for later, if at all.

There's no telling who will control Settsu, Suruga, and Kozuka at this point, or who their allies and enemies will be. Use whatever you can to your advantage to get these places, and keep them at least until you have all the arts you really want. Since Kozuka is landlocked, it can be the hardest to get, but coming at it from the north at Echigo is the fastest.

Personally I don't really want to deal with realm divide, especially since I've already beaten the game, but taking down western Japan seems to be the easiest because most settlements are in a straight line. Just divide your forces into two groups, and march east. You'll have all you need by the time you reach Kyoto.

The arts I've been training are Chi arts until I get Chonindo and Calligraphy, then Bushido arts until I at least get Attack by Fire. That gets me an excellent economy, the Confucian Academy, and artillery units. On the way there, encampment lines and naginata samuri are also good. I like to combine naginata and bow samuri for my castle defense.

What buildings are the best for province Satsuma, Osumi and Hyuga? In satsuma i built a market but not sure if thats the good choice, in Osumi sake den, and in Hyuga nothing yet as need to upgrade castle.
    For Bungo i plan to go with monastery, in Buzen archers and Tsukushi market.

Any other ideas?

Since Satsuma has a smithy, the sword school and naginata dojo are a must. I also build up an encampment, as it's one of my main unit training provinces. With the others I just build a market chain, and maybe also a sake den chain Just to make some extra money.

Actually in the beginning I might build a temple to churn out monks to convert Christian populations. They also give a slight bonus to chi arts, though I'm not sure if it's enough to reduce the turn numbers any.

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Out of curiosity does the nanban trade port in otomo lands cause diplomacy to fail? It seems that once I took the otomo province all other clans blatantly refused to trade with me. I managed to get chosokabe to trade with me but the turn after they broke it. Currently I'm only trading with sagara which is my vassal and I'm fighting shoni to take their 3 provinces and then backstab sagara to own the island. But without trade partners even my 4 trade hubs don't produce very much money.

Looking at the map it seems like people all over just hate me. And it's not like I've broken any alliances or trade agreements etc. Only killed off otomo, sagara are the ones who attacked me and I vassalized them.

You own four trade nodes, which means that you will benefit hugely from trade and others not that much. That is why other factions don't want to trade with you. Before you start your negotiations remove you ships from those nodes, get a deal and move them back.
    Officer to a soldier who refuses to fight: There three types of soldiers who don't have to fight. They are called KIA, MIA and POW and you are not one of them.

Tosa will be missed.

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Oh thats good to know in the future!

But I ended up vassalizing shonis last settlement to avoid sagara from taking it, then backstabbing shoni then backstabbing sagara. I then became christian. Shortly after I attacked date to get the last trade node for achievement, and I ended up in war with them and hatekayama which I don't care about that much. Although satake which was captured by date surprised me a lot by sending a stack to hyuga and capturing it for about 2 turns early in the game (they pronounced war upon me after I stood close to the cotton node). I'm not worried date or hatakeyama will do the same though but mori attacked me as well. I lost the cotton from korea to mori and the iron to date but the rest I still control and I'm now moving into mori lands with a fullstack of elite units and a new stack in production. chosokabe still trade with me though and I'm going to keep them as my allies while I blitz through mori on my way to kyoto. I estimated I will own 25 provinces if I go down to settsu and up to sakai lands and then take kyoto.

Bad news is chosokabe is unfriendly but the relations are getting worse, I'm going to lose my only trade partner I fear. Despite offering them indefinite military access as well as 2900 koku for 20 turns they turn me down for alliance. Despite having +1 honor on daimyo and +30 on mastery of the arts all clans except chosokabe and hatano(indifferent) are hostile to me, just my two dishonoring treatments and the religious difference equals to -220. It's going to be my third campaign to complete on hard and I fear it will be the worst. Oh and I forgot to mention, due to my christian reversion I am forced to keep taxes at minimal meaning I don't have the greatest income, my 2nd elite stack is far away from finished atm, and with losing chosokabe as trade partners I'm going to start to feel butthurt economy-wise real soon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Short update: After taking 4 provinces from mori I am now acclaimed. Chosokabe hates me more than ever but I'm preparing a fleet to keep them off my back. I'm starting to stack up 10 trade ships on each node and soon I'll go reclaim a few. Mori came at me with all they had at Imawi, Iwami? Whatever, they lost their entire elite stack containing daimyo, son & heir + 2 sons, funny . They also lost their capital of course. I'm raking in good money and I'm starting to reinforce the frontier towns with 8 units of +20 accuracy archers + a fortress and 1 of my sons to defend while my awesome general of supply moves on with his +42% campaign movement and +4% replenishment rate drives on to capture more towns so my fortresses and defensive units can advance.

This has been a cakewalk so far, only losing 1 unit of katana cavalry to the mori family stack.

Second update: I killed off my dishonorable daimyo meaning I got +2 happiness across all provinces. I also got slightly better diplomatic relations although they're still all ed. Managed to get two trade agreements with ikko ikki and honma meaning I now rake in 14k a turn on normal taxes thanks to my dead daimyo. I am starting to field a new elite stack and I'm just waiting to rip the shogun and all the other clans a new one real soon. Ikko ikki even became friendly!

Awesome campaign tbh

Third update: I successfully bribed chosokabe to an alliance for 35,000 koku after repeated attempts. I then started taking provinces again but it seems that wasn't enough, now I'm at war with the entire map and the remaining mori fleet broke all my trade nodes which I'm slowly recovering. I have my second elite stack ready in mori capital, just waiting for the cavalry to arrive and it's complete. All of them maxed fletcher bow samurai, maxed warhorse katana cavalry and maxed weaponsmith katana samurai. I only hope my fleet can keep chosokabe on their little island (it's all they own) them using the 35.000 I gave them to field an army and invade me would be catastrophic!

Last update: I won. Christian ruler + shimazu complete!
    Last edited by Hartassen; July 14, 2011 at 05:34 PM.

try breaking the alliance between sagara and shoni on the 1st turn. Offer sagara a hostage, and get them to break the alliance. This move will result in sagara and shoni declareing war on each other much later, turn 19. with some cleaver use of ninja and missionaries, you can conquer the entire island by turn 22, without ever have to fight a big battle, or break a treaty. grab the province with nanban port asap, after you kill the clan you are at war with, it keeps shoni from converting to christianity. build up your trades, take all the trading posts nearby. explore the coast and get as many treaties as you can. by the time i conquered entire island, i was pulling in 10k kokus per turn.

convert to christianity after getting all your trade treaties, and couple turns before shoni and sagara go at each other.
    Last edited by Jestero; July 15, 2011 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartassen View Post
    Out of curiosity does the nanban trade port in otomo lands cause diplomacy to fail? It seems that once I took the otomo province all other clans blatantly refused to trade with me. I managed to get chosokabe to trade with me but the turn after they broke it. Currently I'm only trading with sagara which is my vassal and I'm fighting shoni to take their 3 provinces and then backstab sagara to own the island. But without trade partners even my 4 trade hubs don't produce very much money.

Looking at the map it seems like people all over just hate me. And it's not like I've broken any alliances or trade agreements etc. Only killed off otomo, sagara are the ones who attacked me and I vassalized them.
    move your trade ships off the nodes before you negotiate for trade treaties. AI would be much more amiable to agreeing to trade if they think you are poor. You can even ask for money from most of them. just remember to move your ships back on the nodes before ending the turn.

expansion
    1: finish of ito
    2: keep sagara of your back (hostage, trade agreement etc)
    3: finish of otome and then shoni
    4: unify kyushu.
    5: Consider carefuly where to expand, shikoku is CRAP in terms of economy gain but is a good naval defense (no chosokabe sea invasions). Best option, atleast on hard and lower difficulty would be to recruit 2 stacks (another 2 defending kyushu) to take iwate, ugo, miyagi etc down to and inc. fukushima as these are easy to defend and provide a good income boost. It'll also force your opponents to split their attacks during RD or allow you to attack them from the rear. (either way will distract them).
    Other option is to hold the provinces around kyoto as many got fertile and above farms, ninja bonus etc.

economy
    1: get those trade nodes. Upgrade to T2 dock at turn 1, then T3 dock as soon as T2 dock is done. Recruit a fire boat asap and recruit 1 every turn til you can recruit trade ships. send the fire ships to capture trade nodes.
    2: Sell military access to sagara, its an additional 500-1000 koku every 5th turn. (so yea, sell 5 turn access, try first for 1000, then lower/increase depending on if its moderate or high success chance)
    3: upgrade that farm, upgrading farms to stage 2 (average and above to stage 3, fertile to max) allows you to upgrade castles which allows both market and sake den/temple/church (temple/church decreases time needed to research chi arts = quicker economy based arts learned = more koku earned especially at later stages).
    4: trade agreements, get as many as you can, dont spend the income on army upkeep. develope your land. remember to send ships off the trade nodes to get them to accept. Then send them back onto the trade nodes after you're done with trade agreements.
    5: balance your army. Ashigaru works very well early on, but later needs backup from stronger units. Katana samurai is your friend due to the reduce cost. Remember to bring backup against cavalry. However you cant field samurai only armies at higher difficulties, ashigaru backed up by key samurai works well.

Lands:
    1: Get kyushu....all of it.
    2: Develope satsuma and bizen? bitchu? the northeast most of the kyushu provinces to unit producing provinces (high tier castle, encampment, all that shizzle.)
    3: Consider if you want to use cavalry, if so use hyuga for cavalry production, if not stick with no-dachi/monks and use hyuga as income province.
    4: upgrade to warehouses in the 2 provinces here to boost income by trade.
    5: markets in all, temple/church to boost chi learning rate, sake dens later if you want ninja's or the 200 extra income once chi arts are learned.
    6: Kyushu is strong, strongest region of japan. However the surrounding lands are rather . Shikoku us poor, no cool bonus appart from cheaper ships. bad soil. on main jap. island there's aki nearby, and another province north/northeast of it with a gold mine but most of the provinces on this peninsula near kyushu got very bad soil. On the other hand, if you dare splitting your territory you can gain 6 excellent territories on east side of japan (iwate down to fukushima + sado), these boost your income greatly and if you want to produce high quality or cheap armies, armies with high morale you can do so here (shrine, smith and iron mine). sado is easy to defend, got a gold mine. Other rich area is around kyoto with owari, omi etc having good soil, ninja bonus but is even worse off splitting wise.

Quote Originally Posted by zhiphius View Post
    expansion
    1: finish of ito
    2: keep sagara of your back (hostage, trade agreement etc)
    3: finish of otome and then shoni
    4: unify kyushu.
    5: Consider carefuly where to expand, shikoku is CRAP in terms of economy gain but is a good naval defense (no chosokabe sea invasions). Best option, atleast on hard and lower difficulty would be to recruit 2 stacks (another 2 defending kyushu) to take iwate, ugo, miyagi etc down to and inc. fukushima as these are easy to defend and provide a good income boost. It'll also force your opponents to split their attacks during RD or allow you to attack them from the rear. (either way will distract them).
    Other option is to hold the provinces around kyoto as many got fertile and above farms, ninja bonus etc.

economy
    1: get those trade nodes. Upgrade to T2 dock at turn 1, then T3 dock as soon as T2 dock is done. Recruit a fire boat asap and recruit 1 every turn til you can recruit trade ships. send the fire ships to capture trade nodes.
    2: Sell military access to sagara, its an additional 500-1000 koku every 5th turn. (so yea, sell 5 turn access, try first for 1000, then lower/increase depending on if its moderate or high success chance)
    3: upgrade that farm, upgrading farms to stage 2 (average and above to stage 3, fertile to max) allows you to upgrade castles which allows both market and sake den/temple/church (temple/church decreases time needed to research chi arts = quicker economy based arts learned = more koku earned especially at later stages).
    4: trade agreements, get as many as you can, dont spend the income on army upkeep. develope your land. remember to send ships off the trade nodes to get them to accept. Then send them back onto the trade nodes after you're done with trade agreements.
    5: balance your army. Ashigaru works very well early on, but later needs backup from stronger units. Katana samurai is your friend due to the reduce cost. Remember to bring backup against cavalry. However you cant field samurai only armies at higher difficulties, ashigaru backed up by key samurai works well.

Lands:
    1: Get kyushu....all of it.
    2: Develope satsuma and bizen? bitchu? the northeast most of the kyushu provinces to unit producing provinces (high tier castle, encampment, all that shizzle.)
    3: Consider if you want to use cavalry, if so use hyuga for cavalry production, if not stick with no-dachi/monks and use hyuga as income province.
    4: upgrade to warehouses in the 2 provinces here to boost income by trade.
    5: markets in all, temple/church to boost chi learning rate, sake dens later if you want ninja's or the 200 extra income once chi arts are learned.
    6: Kyushu is strong, strongest region of japan. However the surrounding lands are rather . Shikoku us poor, no cool bonus appart from cheaper ships. bad soil. on main jap. island there's aki nearby, and another province north/northeast of it with a gold mine but most of the provinces on this peninsula near kyushu got very bad soil. On the other hand, if you dare splitting your territory you can gain 6 excellent territories on east side of japan (iwate down to fukushima + sado), these boost your income greatly and if you want to produce high quality or cheap armies, armies with high morale you can do so here (shrine, smith and iron mine). sado is easy to defend, got a gold mine. Other rich area is around kyoto with owari, omi etc having good soil, ninja bonus but is even worse off splitting wise.
    How do you play Shimatzu with Chirstian? I adopt to Chirstian and my terriority revolted like hell. It also take a huge amount of time to convert 60% population to Chirstian. If I dont do it, the terriority always in high risk of revolt. Nanban trade port also in trouble that increase my powder units up to 50%.

Advice is needed!

Goose's Avatar Civis

It's been soooo long since I've been on these forums. But I came back after I bought Shogun 2. It's been too long.
    So, this is my first campaign.
    Have a look at this screen shot though, I think I'm screwed and probably can't win from here.

I'm allied to the Takeda, have been for a looooong time and am also allied to the minor clan in the dark grey (forgetting their name right now) for even longer than with the Takeda.
    The Takeda are also allied to the Oda who hold a HUGE amount of territory right in the center there.

So how the hell am I supposed to continue my expansion. I've got massive cash reserves and am raking in 6-7k a turn through trade (holding all trade nodes bar one at the moment).
    But I'm not sure how the Takeda or anyone else would react to a mass push against the Oda. Would everyone turn on me in an instant?

Worth just going for it?

Any Rebel controlled provinces? If not, how about inciting some.

Goose's Avatar Civis

All except the one way up in the north-east.

How would I go about inciting a revolt? Need to start beating up the Oda.
    Last edited by Goose; July 26, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

For England Men's Avatar Miles

I had a similiar problem in my campaign, try and negotiate for Takeda to break the alliance with Oda and anyone else who is allied with them then invade with agents to cause revolts etc and then invade with armies and ninjas. Take them from the middle so you don't border other factions and they shouldn't declare war with you. Hope that helps, let us know how you get on.

I see lot of ppl like to take that small island to east of your home island as shimazu. I always find that to be a poor choice. The island is kind of poor. and with a decent size navy, you can neutralize any threat of them landing armies on your home islands.

after taking all of the home island, I would skip the island and land an army east of the smaller island, as close to Kyoto as possible and start taking all the fertile and very fertile provinces around it. this way you would be in much better financial conditions when RD rolls around.

Goose's Avatar Civis

Well, I'm not sure that went well.

I negotiated the Takeda to break their alliance and join me in war with the Oda Shogunate (apparently they were named a Shogunate yet managed to maintain perfect relationships with everyone, too bad all it took was a few thousand gold to sway the Takeda to my side).

I managed to get almost every single surviving clan to unite against the Oda, I was proud of that moment.

They actually started pushing east and taking territory, which was awesome.

However my other allies (greys in the north) started getting hammered by a Oda stack led by their 6 star Daimyo and his son. That stack pushed straight through their territory splitting it in two and is now at my doorstep. I'm trying to produce a stack or two as fast as possible in my 3 home territories but I think they'll be besieging one of my towns before I can manage to coordinate a defense.

I have managed to take several territories from them around my only mainland territory and am now pushing from the west with 2 stacks towards Kyoto.

But I do not want to lose my home island and all the economic power I have built up there.

MUST survive the Oda stack. Unfortunately I think I'm kinda screwed.