Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Mori Campaign Guide

Default Re: The Mori Campaign Guide

Didnt change a thing, out of 12 factions, 4 of which are at 80+, i have a single trade agreement.

IDK, Mori has always been really hard for me to crack on Hard. Normal can be won on autopilot but Hard is just a little to gritty for my liking.

I can beat back Amako and take Iwami following which I don't mind a ceasefire and trade. I can anticipate the whole Kikkawa situation when they DoW from very friendly. Where I fail is being able to defend against successive stacks from either Urakami or Bessho or essentially whichever clan carves out 5 - 6 province empire in eastern Chugoku and is bent on destroying me for some reason. -
    I will try it again but with one little change which I also recommend to other posters - do not give Ouchi military access, otherwise they will march across Iwami, take Izumo and stop your advance to the east while at the same time dragging you into their wars with aforementioned First Big Clan in Chugoku.

Also - getting trade agreements is like drawing blood from stone, I don't know what happened but one of the latest patches has made getting trade agreements bloody hard. I suspect its designed to prevent player from getting a multitude of agreements which makes him also a multitude of friends in the process. I also suspect that AI can be bribed into trade agreements with large sums of money (i offered 7k and Date laughed me out of the room btw) which would make sense if AI wasn't in the habit of casually breaking the agreement next turn or 3.

Will try Mori next again but it does seem to be a lot harder than I remember.

Update!
    The moment i killed off Ouchi (they declared on me together with Shoni) i got 12 trade agreements next turn. Everyone suddenly wanted to trade people who didnt like me for 15 years and still hated me agreed to trade.

This has to be a bug, because even people who didnt have a trade agreement with ouchi didnt trade with me, and people who had never met him traded with me once he was dead.

For record, this was under Darth Mod which claimed to get rid of the trade bug.

I will try another game with shimazu now and see if i get the same troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Berossus View Post
    Update!
    The moment i killed off Ouchi (they declared on me together with Shoni) i got 12 trade agreements next turn. Everyone suddenly wanted to trade people who didnt like me for 15 years and still hated me agreed to trade.

This has to be a bug, because even people who didnt have a trade agreement with ouchi didnt trade with me, and people who had never met him traded with me once he was dead.

For record, this was under Darth Mod which claimed to get rid of the trade bug.

I will try another game with shimazu now and see if i get the same troubles.
    I'm playing Mori on Hard just now and doing kind of well. I couldn't get trade agreements for love nor money but then Shimazu took over Suo and Nagato and I threw them out so now i have those provinces and everybody now accepts trade! Ouchi are still alive, they are my next door neighbour to the East in Izumo and Harima.

I think it has to do with owning either Suo or Nagato for Mori campaign; almost feels like it's a hidden objective to unlock trade agreements. Weird.

MJWilliams's Avatar Tiro

It's down to the 'Warhorses' resource. The AI will trade with you if you have them, and will refuse if they have them already and/or you don't. An exception appears to be Feeble/Weak clans who have no current trade partners. You can even demand extortionate rates to trade if you have Warhorses, the highest I got was 16k in a Legendary campaign though I'm sure others have managed higher.
    "My life is no longer my own, my word worthless.
    But duty goes on, while there is breath. It is all I have left."

~ Orlok Tsubodai Bahadur

That makes an awful lot of sense, and fits my observations... suo has warhorses, and is usually owned by ouchi.

In my game right now, i am Oda and took out tokugawa who starts with warhorses, and im trademast0r 9000.
    My Hattori multiplayer ally had the shaft until he went for the tradenode and to much (or rather no) surprise, everyone wants to trade.

Weird.
    I wonder if this behaviour can be modded to some extent... warhorses arent THAT important to be honest, id rather have cotton (spears) or iron (swords), but then again the legendary horse-building is laughably quick to obtain in the tech tree...

Recently finished a Mori campaign on H/H via the Kyushu -> Christianity -> Nanban Ships trick. Wako Raiders are absolutely amazing units early game and can keep up quite well even later on when given armor upgrades. In fact they might very well be the best unit in that DLC. You get them early, they cost half as much as actual samurai but have almost equal stats and recruit in 1 turn. Oh boy.

MJWilliams's Avatar Tiro

Hmm, I'm curious as to why a second reply I posted to Berossus has been removed. It was perfectly on-topic, was not aggresive or rude and did not violate any forum rules. No big deal, I just wasn't aware posts were censored for no real reason
    "My life is no longer my own, my word worthless.
    But duty goes on, while there is breath. It is all I have left."

~ Orlok Tsubodai Bahadur

The Ouchi-killing diplomacy boost happened to me, too. On the other hand, it happened just after my daimyo died, so maybe it's to do with that. Also, Ouchi were Christian.

Most people think that, when playing Mori, the key thing is the navy. Despite their bonuses, it isn't. The main thing is that Aki is a Hallowed Ground province within monk-ing distance of Kyushu. One monk, trained in the same province as a Pilgrim Site (whatever the +2 monk level building is called), can decimate Kyushu's clans. The reason for this is that the three main players in north Kyushu politics are Otomo (Christian), Shoni (almost always Christian) and Ouchi (sometimes Christian). Any of them can be almost destroyed using rebellions, especially seeing as that region is locked in perpetual war for at least half the game, so rebel provinces are usually ignored for a long time (if you incite a rebellion in Hizen, nobody wants it back for some reason). If you discover that Shimazu has conquered the Satsuma-Osumi-Hyuga crescent, ally with them ASAP. If it's Ito, they are the most backstabbing clan in the game in my experience (yes, even more so than Imagawa!). Anyway, that's how you conquer Kyushu as Mori.

On a side note, seeing as Mori start off with a bow kobaya, is it possible to invade Iyo on turn 1, before Chosokabe take it over?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234