Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S2TW Bug thread.

Reginald Pattiecakes's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: S2TW Bug thread.

In all battles (and even on the map, which is strange), all of my units seem to be missing the models for their weapons. The enemy forces are missing weapons as well, but all of the fighting occurs just as if they were holding them. Even archers are missing bows, but you can see the bowstrings/arrows as they pull back and fire.

Really odd. I've got no idea how to remedy this.

Miles

Not only did I have a couple MM battles that had errors with army config (like even after emptying retainers I could mouse-over my empty slots and see two of the same yari master bonuses), but I also got this when another MM battle set up. I had to kill the app.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Here's a bug which has been around for some time but hasn't been fixed. There is a problem with the texture on the Monk's staff, it isn't mapped correctly for some reason it's always the color of the faction, so for the Ikko Ikki its yellow, while for the Shimazu it's green, etc.

in the province of Kai obviously what's wrong

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiaan1973 View Post

Same problem here. I've also noticed that on one side there's a flag where if they capture it you lose the siege. That is assuming you're the defender. If you're the attacker you insta-win when you capture it.

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

just upgraded with the latest patch. Now when i start up S2 the menu screen is completely devoid of any text; theres just the shogun logo in the middle with the stupid christmas tree and snowman, and all the options (ie. campaign, quick battle etc) are just blank headers. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiaan1973 View Post

So there is no fix yet for this bs? I have this problem recurring every time i'm defending a fortress, the enemy also only needs 1 flag to capture.

The_Nord's Avatar Biarchus

Am I the only one not getting the "Agent of the stealthy blade" and the "Onna-bugeisha" steam achievments?

Default Merging Ships on Campaign Map Causes Freeze?

Not always... the game was working fine for many turns. I've reached a point around 40 turns into my 1st full campaign where all of a sudden merging ship groups has a high chance of causing a freeze requiring me to Ctl-Alt-Del out of the game. I've tried re-booting to clear the memory, merging different ship groups, etc. The initial occurence was repeatable (ie: re-load and try merging same two ship groups always caused a freeze). Then I tried re-loading and moving/splitting some groups before merging any - sometimes the merges work, sometimes they cause a freeze. It's frequent/bad enough that my campaign is at a halt until I get this problem fixed.

I'm running Win7 64-bit, Directx11, Core i7 3.4 Ghz, 16 Gb Ram, with an EVGA GTX580. I have pretty much all the games video settings turned way up except for V-Sync (and possibly one other one that escapes me at the moment).

This may have been reported already but in the 20 minutes or so I've spent scouring bug reports I didn't exactly come acrosss it - my apologies if it turns out it was under my nose.

Is there any solution available for this?

Thanks,

PS: This is in the original Shogun 2 Total War - no expansions or mods.

Sorry if the above 2 posts are unclear, they are not in response to The Nord's question but pertain to a problem I am having " Merging Ships on Campaign Map Causes Freeze? " (I put that in the title of my 1st post, but it looks like that is not what most people use that field for... sorry, new here)

With a bit of testing I've narrowed it down to one specific ship that seems to be causing the trouble. One medium bune in particular, if belonging to a fleet of ships that is either merged with another fleet, or sent to port, causes a freeze. I can save every other ship currently in that ship's fleet by splitting them off and sending them to port, or merging them with another fleet, thereby leaving the one "cursed" ship isolated - nothing left for it but to scupper it I suppose.

I actually had something a bit similar - but different - happen a bit earlier in the game with a fleet of 2 bow kobay. In that case I wasn't able to move the fleet, period. No game freeze, just couldn't move that fleet. Had to scupper them as well. I have seen a nother poster report something of this sort as well; If the two problems I've experienced and the other poster's are all related then I suppose we can call that the "cursed ship bug".

Alrighty, not meaning to wear out my welcome, but I'll just add that that lone ship is truly damned... It seems if I even scupper it then the very next action in the game (eg: select a unit on land for instance) causes the game to freeze. I can only move it if I want to keep playing. Any other action I take with it will cause the game to freeze, immediately or on the very next action.

I've moved it out into the deep ocean to let the sea eventually take care of it (it'll be interesting to see if THAT also causes the game to freeze! hoping not...)

There is no tooltip for the second tier and up religious buildings

Default Mounted gunners fire problem

I do not know if this was already mentioned but In all other Total wars mounted gunners can fire over your own infantry while in Shogun 2 the bullets come from underneath the horses and hit your own men.

NSFW's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by g0pher_11 View Post
    I actually had something a bit similar - but different - happen a bit earlier in the game with a fleet of 2 bow kobay. In that case I wasn't able to move the fleet, period. No game freeze, just couldn't move that fleet. Had to scupper them as well. I have seen a nother poster report something of this sort as well; If the two problems I've experienced and the other poster's are all related then I suppose we can call that the "cursed ship bug".
    I saw the unmoveable fleets thing a couple of times myself in one particular campaign. Pretty much certain I was able to scupper the afflicted vessels though.
    "Never argue with an idiot; They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Obake Date

Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    I saw the unmoveable fleets thing a couple of times myself in one particular campaign. Pretty much certain I was able to scupper the afflicted vessels though.
    Yes, I've also gotten the unmoveable fleet problem, and was able to scupper those ships. They didn't cause the game to freeze either, I just couldn't get them to move. This problem was different - I could move the ship no problem, but that's all I could do with it. Sending it to port, merging it with another fleet, scuppering it or even letting it get sunk (either by an enemy or the deep sea) caused the game to freeze.

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

A list of some bugs:

- Red seal company's tooltip says : + 5 % ( even though previous version is already + 6 % !)

- When you get the Nihon Maru ( for holding kyoto) and you loose it in a sea battle, you still get the achievement to sink the Nihon Maru or the Black ship...

- on Ultra settings in ROTS: coastline waves display white lines through the water.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Hope to get some help with my problem guys.

As soon as the battlemap loads I briefly see a loading screen and it CTD's to desktop

I have checked most threads with people who had the problem and tried this so far:

-Totally uninstalled Shogun 2 and Steam from my computer (including registry keys) then reinstalled
    -Updates videodrivers
    -Newest DirectX installed

Other notes and info:

-Campaign map works perfectly.
    -Have a windows XP system. I could give my computer specs if you want, but it has always worked before.

Any idea's or help you could offer? Really want to play this game since I haven't gamed for 6 months

Edit: My Dxdiag if it helps:
    Last edited by Wundai; March 25, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

August's Avatar Decanus

Fall of the Samurai Bugs.

One of my ships exploded for no visible reason. Then, some time later, enemy Ironclad(General) did the same. I was not looking at it at the moment, yet at some point his General just died somehow.
    In other words: ships exploding for unknown reasons in the MP naval battles. (when mine exploded I did not use overheat engine or anything like that, cannot speak for my opponent)

Agents, when attached to the army that enters the city detach themselves. They cease to provide army bonuses(they no longer appear in the stats) and need to be manually reattached to the army if the army leaves the city.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast