Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S2TW Bug thread.

Default Re: S2TW Bug thread.

hi everyone ! sometimes the units on the map and the battlefield turn to white not the face and the skin.Only the armor . i switched my video preferences from high to medium . i have all the drives for video card etc...

how can i capture the image to show you the problem. it requires a program??
    Last edited by Hellas1821; April 25, 2011 at 04:47 AM.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hey why are grouped units running by default when you order them somewhere? Shouldn't they be waling? Its annoying as hell to have to re-order them to walking all the time.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

I have a painful CTD when walking over certain parts of the map. It happened during my last campaing, and now I am at a core moment during my Mori campaign where I just took over three Oda provinces (and most of Kyushu) in a single turn.

I feel like its related to sections of the campaign map but unsure. Anyone else getting something similiar?

The bug seems to have started after the latest 2 patches...

I have an NVIDIA GFORCE 9600 on my ASPIRE 6935 running Windows 7 64bit.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

old_dude's Avatar Tiro

Half of the time that I start up S2 it looks like this.
    Attachment 158322
    All I need to do to fix it is to change resolutions temporarily and it reverts to normal.

The newest nvidia drivers fixed this issue.
    Last edited by old_dude; June 26, 2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Fixed

Soft crash: load the save, hit end turn, watch it stop forever, 50% cpu util, on the takeda processing. Sad, I really liked that campaign.

I have 2 bugs:

1) My monk got stuck in rebels that appeared. They would not get unstuck for the remainder of the game. For the entire game, my monk and the rebels where just sitting around on the map.

2) I am playing a "hard" campaign" and I cannot proceed, as the game just stops when the Hatekayama clan is to do its turn. I can still get into the main menu and leave the game but nothing happens otherwise. The AI just never completes it's turn.

So it is a similar bug to the one posted just above. ^^

ZenBoy's Avatar Libertus

I got the same BUG at "very hard". I play Chosokabe and everything runs great. After a while game stops when the Hatekayama clan is to do its turn. Same as above.
    AMD Phenom 2 955 BE ( 3,4 GHz x 4 ), ATI 5850, 8 GB Ram, win 7 64 bit, DirectX 11 mode on

When I defend in a siege and have placed defenders on the battlements, after they are being engaged by the enemy, especially if the enemy shatters and routs, the defenders lose position on the battlements and just blob up or face the wrong way into the courtyard and get themselves killed by the next wave of climbers.

Serious multiplayer campaign issues....

About 30 turns into a game, the game starts to freeze any time an AI or human-initiated battle occurs.

The person who's involved in the battle has the screen freeze on the strategy map units, but no popup appears to allow for options of how to play the battle.

The other player sees nothing of this. If the battle is initiated on the AI's turns, then the other player views the AI's finishing their turns and starts his own normally while the embattled player is frozen on the AI turn.

If the battle is initatied by a human player, then his game is frozen (can still scroll the map, but can't do anything), while the other human player is unnafected and waiting as normal for the turn to en.

Help! If this happens again it basically means Multiplayer campaign is too broken to play for us. we tried saved games from 1-3 turns back and all were corrupted.... Though it had been several turns since there'd been any battles to resolve.

The "Cannon Bune" encyclopedia page has the wrong ability listed: "Wedge Formation" instead of "Faster Rowing"

old_dude's Avatar Tiro

The custom battle location called (I think) slumbering settlement has no settlement.
    Attachment 170106

ialyxxiieee's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by MikkOwl View Post
    The "Cannon Bune" encyclopedia page has the wrong ability listed: "Wedge Formation" instead of "Faster Rowing"
    wedge formation with cannon bunes would be so lolz, however i'd hate to be on the ship in the middle.
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Cannon Bune (advanced gunpowder unit) requires no art to recruit.
    Siege Tower Bune and Mori Siege Tower Bune (bow units) require Gunpowder Mastery.

Must be a mix-up, where the Siege Tower Bune variants were accidentally were assigned the Cannon Bune stuff..

I'm not sure if this is a bug or deliberate:

My generals no longer receive experience in naval battles.

Read my AARs:
    The Legacy of Megas Alexandros (Europa Barbarorum as Arche Seleukeia)
    The Prodigal Son (Shogun 2 as Mori)
    You like a good reading? Then check out the homepage of our fellow TWC-member Theodotos I at www.stephenwrites.com!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarhadom View Post

Im not sure what kind of error this is, but every so often during any type of battle the game stoppes responding and i have to restart it(it freezes). It always occur during battles, never on the campaign map.

When i ran the "validation check" on the game via steam it found 3 files that needed to be downloaded again. It did so and the validation ran without incident the second time.
    I then play for about 2 hours with no problems before it starts up again. Now here is the "fun" part, i run the validation tool again and what do i get? 3files cant be validated and need to be redownloaded.. This is really annoying as i dont want to repair my game every 2hours

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
    My system is:

Win7 64bit
    12gig ram
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Cpu 960 @ 3.20GHz
    Gpu: Nvidia Gerforce GTX 480
    (sorry for long post)
    Hi everyone,

Exactly same problem (although it's redownloading 5 files, not three). Anyone else experiencing this?

I have two bugs to report:

1) I have a fleet with unlimited number of ships. When I defeat an enemy fleet and I capture some of their ships, they are added to my fleet. Right now, my fleet has 22 ships!!!!!!

Note that this only happens with this fleet.

2)
    I can't build namban ports. When the dilemma happened I chose "trade with foreigners" but, even so, I can't build any namban trade port. Right now I'm in the year 1555 and, surprisely, none of the other factions adopted Christianism. That's odd.

Last edited by Birdofilo; October 09, 2011 at 05:46 PM.

Miles

Can't assign units to keep walls. I'm defending a keep in a Shimazu campaign and am unable to assign units to the lower walls. I get the pips around the exits, but not on the lower walls at all. Here's a SS of me mousing over a lower wall with an ashigaru unit selected.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

delmat's Avatar Tiro

strange bug..I can't choose retainers for the general without getting the CTD..first there are no names or descriptions when choosing between two retainers..then I point my mouse on one of them and game crashes every time..some help would be appreciated..tnx in advance..everything was fine before the new patch..

I just got Rank 4 in Avatar campaign. The new retainer slot did open correctly, but after i did edit the retainers and press apply the third retainer dissappears and the slot stays empty.
    I have to stick with two retainers.

NSFW's Avatar Semisalis

Not sure if CA folks get around to checking individual threads in this section, so posting here as well (apologies if I'm spamming )

Couple of issues:

1) Archer Screens:
    In some cases archer screens aren't blocking unit movement. Full details including screengrab & a pre-battle save game provided here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2#post10544692

2) Post-Victory Realm Divide Penalty
    After victory is achieved in a SP campaign, & the message which states that everyone's accepted you as Shogun is displayed, the RD diplomacy penalty continues to increase (if it's not already maxed out.)

A very minor issue I know, but also one which shouldn't be hard to change (assuming event scripting works anything like it did in the RTW/M2 engine) & which has the potential to make the short, long, and domination campaigns quite distinctly different.

Given the victory message it would make sense if the RD diplo penalty started to decrease (or was at least frozen) once the campaign's won.
    This would allow those players who like to tidy up and finish off their enemies the opportunity to do so without having to worry about any allies who have stayed loyal throughout RD declaring war during the mopping up phase.

Apart from being nice for the OCD-ridden amongst us, it also has the potential to give the different campaign lengths quite a different feel; the short campaign could be considered the RD-lite version (where the other Daiymos accept the new shogun relatively early) while the domination campaign would still represent a hardcore challenge from the diplomatic point of view.
    "Never argue with an idiot; They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Obake Date

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast