Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S2TW Bug thread.

Default Re: S2TW Bug thread.

Multiplayer campaign has been almost unplayable today.

Saves get corrupted. AI never finish their turn. Desyncs a lot of time, with my buddy telling me to autoresolve and I don't see anything on my screen/us seeing units on the campaign map in different places.

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

Me and More Peoples Problem with End of Turn

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=434083

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Placeholder trait:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Just thinking out loud, oh my game is just as buggy so we are all in this together.

I find it quite peculiar that no one from CA has commented on what (you would think would be the most important thread in this forum) at the moment until they pump out another game full of issues.

Just find it funny that’s all.

What I don’t find funny is there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

I am disappointed at their response after all the hype. If I see the words "just be patient" that's not going to do it for me either.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

4 vs 0 in matchmaking (while asking for a siege, and it was a land battle map)

In FRAY's alpha
    "When one dies, it is a tragedy. When a million die, it is a statistic."
    -The mods, try them all!-

Tiro

It has happened three times now when I play a battle in a campaign. Sometimes when i hold ctrl to deselect one of my troops, the game freezes. It has always happened right in the heat of battle when it was most exciting and when I got the feeling that I might win this one. Soooooo frustrating.

There was another one experiencing the same bug on the previous page, so yeah, deselecting a unit in battle might freeze the game. The other guy said it only happened in sieges though.. I haven't played any sieges other than autoresolve yet, so apparently the bug isn't limited to sieges.
    Last edited by Zapp; April 01, 2011 at 05:38 AM.

Default S2TW Bug thread

SHOGUN 2:TW has a scroll bar in the recruitment queue. But there is no scroll bar in the custom battle and Avatar screen.

I unlocked several vanilla units and then I saw that the additional unlocked vanilla or custom units are hidden and not accessible if there are too many units.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Good that CA included a scroll bar in the recruitment queue of the campaign because it was highly missed in ETW/NTW.

UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

But they didn't include a scroll bar in the custom battle or Avatar screen.

The unlocked Samurai Retainers are hidden on the right side of the Onna Bushi unit. It's possible to click on it. But if another unlocked or custom unit is added to the same row, then it can't be clicked anymore.

Just had a crash while laying mines from a wavering ship. Game completely crashed.
    In FRAY's alpha
    "When one dies, it is a tragedy. When a million die, it is a statistic."
    -The mods, try them all!-

So as you can see the sky is black even though the sun is shining. It's like that in EVERY single battle that I play and it's incredibly annoying. I checked the settings and night was unselected. I purchased my copy off of Steam so it's not pirated and should work normally. Could this be a problem with the download of the game from Steam?
    Last edited by Generalissimo; April 03, 2011 at 08:00 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flandez View Post
    Multiplayer campaign has been almost unplayable today.

Saves get corrupted. AI never finish their turn. Desyncs a lot of time, with my buddy telling me to autoresolve and I don't see anything on my screen/us seeing units on the campaign map in different places.
    yeah we have the same problem, we keep doing things to starve off the crashes or get around them, that have started happening badly after turn 100, making us save turn by turn, but the timer is off with each other by a few seconds or alot more sometimes. Which tells me the game gonna desyncs on that turn or the next??

but i have all the same symptoms

MP vs campaign is very good otherwise, just dam shame our end game is being held up

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

CTD on turn for whatever reason, can't salvage the game since I don't have a prior save. Pretty terrible since I was sitting on 50 provinces and pushing for the rest. Again, I guess it's just a corrupted save but it's a common theme with TW games....

Indefinitely Banned

i know,i hope they fix this soon

a bug me & my friend noticed that caused a desyncs/ctd, was happning upon a wako pirate fleet attacking my friends, even thou he had told me he had disbanded the fleet in question that was being attack, and also attacked the wako fleet with another fleet, on my side of events, none of this occured and the wako pirate fleet attacked the supposed disbanded fleet and caused my game to stop at the wako pirate turn, and my friend to continue into my turn thinking i was taking my turn.

How we fixed it:
    Loaded it a turn back, then allowed the events to play out how the game wanted, so he didnt disband the fleet that got attacked, and didn't attack the wako fleet attacking his "disbanded" fleet with his other fleet. Which allowed me to progress to my turn which we then saved there

Its loads of small bugs like this (as a wako pirate fleet targeting a fleet a turn before which you disbanded before it cud attack it) and other bugs we have noticed with Agents, and diplomancy that causes there crashes, desynchs and the timers beiing off with each other by ten seconds, it doesn't seem to be handling all the information/data that is going on within a turn, and conflicts are happening between players games that seem to get worst the further you play on.

Me and my friend play this over teamspeak, and we can tell when the campaign is going buggy now and try to see what causes it, but its getting tedious and boring now :S
    Last edited by AgentGB; April 06, 2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spello typo

Chopy's Avatar Decanus

I got achievement "against all odds" for beating game on hard and not legendary.

Indefinitely Banned

Another bug ive noticed that happens with trade ships/tradepoints, tradeships will stop trading and become unmovable, making you have to scuppa the fleet, and send more trade ships to the post, you usually notice it, when your income drops by 2k. seems to happen quite often if you cap 5 of the trade points

Eusebius86's Avatar Miles

I had a bug last night. Didn't take a screenshot though. I conquered an enemy city, and on the next turn I noticed that there was an enemy spy immediately next to the city (I guess conquering the city booted him out). Well, he stayed put, and on the following turn I recruited a ninja, and my ninja deployed at the same spot as the enemy ninja. Consequently, they were both stuck, forever. Quite odd.

Tiro

I have a bug that occurs only sometimes. I can't narrow down what makes it happen.

In some battles, when 1+ units are selected, and you use any shortcut method to select other units (e.g., ctrl-m, ctrl-i, etc), the new units are selected but the previous units REMAIN selected. So, if you have a general selected and you hit ctrl-m, your general and missile units will be selected; if you start out with nobody selected and hit ctrl-i and then ctrl-m, all infantry and missile units will be selected; etc.

As I said, this only occurs sometimes. If it happens, it happens for an entire battle, from start to finish, or not at all. It can occur in any type of land battle (attacking or defending, siege or open field) for certain. I haven't had enough naval battles to know if it happens there as well, and I never use shortcut keys there.

I only first noticed it after the steam update on 4/12/2011, but I had only been consistently playing the game for a few days before that. It happens frequently enough that my gut tells me it would've happened before then, but I can't be certain.

Edit: The poster below me says it's been happening since before the update.
    Last edited by Vlade the Impaler; April 14, 2011 at 02:55 AM. Reason: New info

sdjenkyn's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Vlade the Impaler View Post
    I have a bug that occurs only sometimes. I can't narrow down what makes it happen.

In some battles, when 1+ units are selected, and you use any shortcut method to select other units (e.g., ctrl-m, ctrl-i, etc), the new units are selected but the previous units REMAIN selected. So, if you have a general selected and you hit ctrl-m, your general and missile units will be selected; if you start out with nobody selected and hit ctrl-i and then ctrl-m, all infantry and missile units will be selected; etc.

As I said, this only occurs sometimes. If it happens, it happens for an entire battle, from start to finish, or not at all. It can occur in any type of land battle (attacking or defending, siege or open field) for certain. I haven't had enough naval battles to know if it happens there as well, and I never use shortcut keys there.

I only first noticed it after the steam update on 4/12/2011, but I had only been consistently playing the game for a few days before that. It happens frequently enough that my gut tells me it would've happened before then, but I can't be certain.
    Happening to me also, find it very annoying as i end up sending that previously deployed unit in another direction now. Been noticing this prior to the current update tho.

im raither pisst off now, played Shogun for like 4 days now and im already fed up with it coz of the bugs and errors
    it freezes so often on the campagin map i have to restart it
    the AI bugs out in 50% of the sieges, specially when i defend. He just stands there looking at my castle until the time runs out
    and now i just finished a battle that lasted about 30 mins IRL and when i clicked End battle i got the XP error when a program stops working, so gotta do the battle again..

Laetus

Hey people,

Just bought the TW Shogun2 limited edition yesterday; played it like 24 hours straight ...

then suddenly when i changed a clan for trying a new game, i got a starting position with no troops ..... broken down banners like you just lost half your army; clicking it will see me with a gen (0 troops in stead of 30) ; all other troops under his command will have 0 as well;

ever scenario i now open, will leave me with no troops

major bug in my opinion ...

anyone else encountered the same problem ?

got twice happen like this, but not me, the AI does. first : two stacks of imagawa in front of my castle (kai province), second hatakeyama one full stacks (with generals of course) in iga province. SHOGUN TOTAL BUG!! reinforcement bug, sound bug, campaign bug, control keyboard bug, all bugged. even first time installing the game.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast