Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S2TW Bug thread.

Default Re: S2TW Bug thread.

When I go into multiplayer, my army is invalid, even with just my general. Also I cannot see battles on the list menu's

I've noticed at least three times now that my game has frozen as I'm selecting and deselecting a unit very quickly. This has only happened during siege defenses. Basically, I would select a unit, then deselect it within a second and the game would be frozen before the unit card is deselected.

Yari samurai move insanely fast (even more insanely fast than usual) when they rout. Not even my bow or light cavalry can catch them, they are actually slower at full speed than the yari samurai on foot as they rout.

At some point Hojo had a trade route with such high income on it i made 6.3 MILLION gold from 1 turns worth of piracy from half a stack of navy. Playing on N/N so the Ai shouldnt have been given any bonuses should it?

Crash, Crash and Crash again.
    Graphic card temp is fine, all requirements fulfilled no Issues on my side, however, the game crashes to desktop, randomly it seems, sometimes in sea battles, Land battles and from campaign map, I tried changing settings around, but it still crashes.
    I been able to enjoy as much as 10 turns in a row before it happens.

Hello gentlemen,

in several games my unit cards repeatedly messed up in battles completely. The new feature that you can swap a unit card to a different playce is ok but is there no possibility to fix them (before game and/or in game)?

If you click the mouse too long it will just stick to the pointer and you are about to highlicht some units it gets moved there and you cant react fast enough then or you loose control over your army completely.

haha thats not a new feature, its just a feature they dropped for a while and just brought back with shogun 2.

Steforian's Avatar Semisalis

I noticed that for the 'Yari Dojo Cavalry' that its discription was missing, replaced with a white screen saying 'Error File not found'

First I want to thank CA for this amazing game! Further patches will make this game even better!

Thanks for finally integrating again a scrollbar in the recruitment queue. And for fixing/changing the language file system how we modders can add custom texts. Both were really missing features in Empire and Napoleon.

Here are the bugs I've experienced and some of them have been already mentioned in this thread (singleplayer = SP / multiplayer = MP).

- the options screen doesn't save the chosen features and often reverts them back

- the controls (W,A,S,D) lock up at the start of a battle often (SP)

- grouping/ungrouping of units sometimes freezes the battle for two or three seconds (SP/MP)

- Archers stop shooting sometimes and the player has to un-click and click the "free fire" button and then the archers will shoot again (SP/MP)

- the General stops shooting with his bow sometimes even if enemies are in his shooting radius (un-click and click on "free fire" as above) (MP)

- the BAI can't handle the "pike_wall_formation" and especially the "pike_square_formation" well in the battle. I saw the BAI using the "pike_wall_formation" sometimes. But I never saw the BAI using the "pike_square_formation" (as information for other players only the Yari Hero can use this ability).

- if a General gets an upgrade of his skill points after a battle the related info message appears doubled sometimes (SP)

- the member list of the clan is not scrollable properly if there are lots of members (MP)

- the multiplayer statistics are not counted properly and we all have the "Dishonourable Coward" trait (MP)

- the clan tab often can't update the clan list and the server sends an error that it is not available (MP)

SHOGUN 2:TW has a scroll bar in the recruitment queue. But there is no scroll bar in the custom battle and Avatar screen.

I unlocked several vanilla units and then I saw that the additional unlocked vanilla or custom units are hidden and not accessible if there are too many units.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Good that CA included a scroll bar in the recruitment queue of the campaign because it was highly missed in ETW/NTW.

UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

But they didn't include a scroll bar in the custom battle or Avatar screen.

The unlocked Samurai Retainers are hidden on the right side of the Onna Bushi unit. It's possible to click on it. But if another unlocked or custom unit is added to the same row, then it can't be clicked anymore.

Icon4 Re: S2TW Bug thread.

There are some strange things i would like to share and get answers most of all!
    I played many battles on the battlefield and noticed that area around the castle(trees,mountains-Area) is if not 100% same as area from previosly battle/s.(i played) not always but many that small castles" (smallest settlements) (ofc kyoto is different as some/many others)
    (siege battles)
    not sure about ordinary ones.
    Tho night, dust and that works fine.

that guy from Ca or sega or whatever said that" every battle is unique" Pc synchronize(on campaing map) or whatever the terrain and u can see it on battlefield. he lies or i m blind

2. if im not wrong general SHOULD be like this:

( r e a r)
    ----------- ---------- ------------- -------------- ---------------- <(Army) (Before battle)
    (f r o n t )

general > O (facing army from here(front) and speaking)

INSTEAD he is like this:
    (general)> O BEHIND army (and speaking) (before battle)

------------------------------- <army

3. that guy from s2tw team said smth like this: "when u fight battle againts fe: takeda , next time when u play ur general should speak about previous battle" or SOMETHING like that , like there is living history u know what i mean.

so theese "bugs" or whatever i m not sure if they are bugs(hope they are so they fix it ) is all i wanted to mention, those minor bugs with stacking ,ctds etc wont mention its part of every game

EDIT: also ur general on campaign map moves 2-3 times faster , (And if u press space it goes faster)- point is that he should move slowly as i saw on jewtube videos, but its not its fast and nasty. Those guys from sega lies!
    Last edited by SoldierOfRome; March 22, 2011 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention:

blbrotto's Avatar Libertus

Hey guys!

Well... first of all, I was really enjoying the game until the last patch. I can't pass turn 23, on Hojo
    campaing (The Oda was about to start an invasion on Izu province), it simply crash to desktop, when I
    try to load the last save (the only save that actually works is the one on turn 13). It's on N/N, and I'm
    using 3 mods - morale mod, speed reduction and realm divide mod -, but I'm pretty sure the crash isn't
    caused by the mods. But... this kind of bug was vastly mentioned before.

Anyways, there is one little "bug" that I saw when I attacked and siege the Musashi province. The AI came fort, but on the battle map you could see the castle behind my army, so the starting positions of the armies were inverted . I know this is nothing compared to the crashing bugs but... well, the geographic position could be right, don't you agree? xD

Well, besides that, I have good views of the game, which seems more "consistant" in terms of strategic difficulty (CAI and BAI), however... I'm saying this comparing Shogun 2 to NTW and ETW, which are, in vanilla versions, not good games to compare...

Well, let's wait a patch, and the modders blessings.
    Last edited by blbrotto; March 22, 2011 at 08:29 PM.

H Con's Avatar Senator

Two of my provinces gain me over 200,000 koku each. That campaign is utterly boring.
    UN: All problems would be solved if everyone could just sit down and talk.
    Bin Laden:But the problem is that everyo--
    Navy Seal: RATATATATATA!
    Another Navy Seal: RATATATATA!
    Pokémon Trainer: RATTATA! USE SCRATCH!
    *dust settles*
    Al Zawahiri: --that everyone must speak Arabic first!

Bow General Mod for Total War: Shogun II

Quote Originally Posted by H Con View Post
    Two of my provinces gain me over 200,000 koku each. That campaign is utterly boring.
    Pics or didn't happen. Use F12
    In FRAY's alpha
    "When one dies, it is a tragedy. When a million die, it is a statistic."
    -The mods, try them all!-

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Shogun 2 does look like the best TW game so far in many respects, including Campaign and Battle AI. Great job, CA!

I'm here not to report a bug but a minor matter that still should be fixed. For added sense of realism on the battlefield, I turn off the big flags floating over each unit, i.e. set the entry for "ui_land_unit_ids" in the preferences file to "2", meaning that those will "never" show. But this does not work for any unit that's brought into the battle as reinforcements. So every time my side or the enemy has reinforcements, the sense of realism is destroyed by those huge flagpoles standing out on the field. I have difficult believing that this is intentional from CA's side. It must be an oversight. If they give the player the option to turn those things off, they should understand that this would interest players who want ALL flagpoles off the battlefield, not just some of them. So, please fix this issue, CA, it's rather irritating.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My income has become absurd...
    It's now 8.5 million per turn and I have the 5+ million I gained from the picture. It all comes from pirating Hatakeyamas trade routes.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Steforian's Avatar Semisalis

Are you leaving the Chosokabe alone just so that you have some black on the map to accent your green?

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

They were my allies up until recently. Now we're at war and I have captured the city on the tiny island from them.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Hi 1st bug/crash... naval battle left me with a ship with 0 life however the ship stayed on campaign map... the other ships in fleet all moved just not the dead one.... couldnt move the ship at all and 1 turn later CTD

Dunno if it counts as a bug, but in one naval battle my Blackship was suposed to reinforce two bow ships and it never showed.

Another one: I once got a CTD when I pressed esc halfway thru a unit video.

Siege AI is broken. Again.

Not bad, not dumb, broken.

Playing on VH and frequently armies without reinforcements will start on all sides of my castle and then group up by running everyone past the castle... to the edge of the map and then they just sit there.

There are also pathfinding issues inside castles again, the setup with the two ramps downward to the outside has problems where units will run into the lamppost at the top of the ramp and clump up before they slowly trickle out to their destination.

And the previous post about the reused maps is correct. It's a little disappointing where just about every castle on the western half of the map seems to have the side with the cliff/bridge.

TW Bigfoot

strange bug, accidently pressed left click to attack a city and game crashed.
    Does it again, when i do it on purpose.

Great game otherwise, thanks.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast