Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S2TW Bug thread.

Default Re: S2TW Bug thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RorySheen View Post
    I have a sound bug too, at first, while playing battles... i got full sounds, then i tried a naval battle and i barely get any of the sounds.
    In the generals speech, you couldn't hear the cheering.

I did change my graphical settings, i'll change them back and see what happens.

Edit: I turned some of the graphical settings down to high and sound worked.

Please check you have the latest audio drivers for your sound card / onboard sound. Also, it's worth verifying the game cache through steam.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by dmcheatw View Post
    window for encyclopedia only shows a white screen
    Mine did but i left it for a second and it just needed to load.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I've had 2 crashes as the Takeda clan. Both were when I was being laid siege to. The first time was on the loading-screen while the second time was during siege itself. i.e. the battlefield. I have not had crashes with other factions yet but this is only the second clan I have played as (the other being the Togugawa). The other crash was on the loading screen after another clan (don't remember the name) was laying siege to my capital. Both sieges were at my capital. I am running Steam as Administrator as this was effective in reducing ETW crashes.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Game crashed when I tried to move troops from one fleet to the other.

Exact chronology:

Army A embarks in fleet B (3 ships).

I move two ships from fleet B to try to carry the army in them, the last one being repaired. So the ship repaired (with the army in) is fleet B1 and the empty fleet (two ships) is B2.

Fleet B1 and B2 unite again.

Full fleet C is around. B goes to C, fleet exchange screen -> army exchange screen -> exchange -> fleet exchange screen -> OK -> CTD
    In FRAY's alpha
    "When one dies, it is a tragedy. When a million die, it is a statistic."
    -The mods, try them all!-

Problem with Campaign Map.

I have no units. Always 0 under the Unit.

Screen : http://img851.imageshack.us/i/bugn.jpg/

I can't fight because i have nobody on the battlefield...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Julius Cæsar Augustus View Post

My Daimyo is stuck right there. I've tried waiting several turns. He can't move.

I've got the same problem. Except that in mine, I declared war on a clan while within the zone of influence of one of their Generals, who himself appeared to be bugged (army untargetable by my own army or ninja), and my General is now immobile (and I can't declare peace because I'm racking up hostility by the turn).

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jack View Post
    I've got the same problem. Except that in mine, I declared war on a clan while within the zone of influence of one of their Generals, who himself appeared to be bugged (army untargetable by my own army or ninja), and my General is now immobile (and I can't declare peace because I'm racking up hostility by the turn).
    Maybe let the region rebel, then declare peace. Your army should "jump" out of the territory.
    In FRAY's alpha

The problem with that is that there's a full stack in the region capital; I've incited three rebellions and they just keep putting them down in one turn. But the computer doesn't use the bugged Daimyo. I'm pretty sure it can't. I might have to just save up some cash and send some serious bribes to get teleported out.

Edit: The other problem is that I'm on Legendary, and this is where that no save thing begins to terrify me; I really don't want to lose everything because of a bug. It's also what worries me about trying to bribe my way out; I don't want to empower them to crush me

Other bug;
    Selecting a group and selecting a unit that isn't part of any group then clicking group doesn't work properly. Sometimes, the additional one won't join, sometimes the group won't obey, sometimes the group takes the additional one but kicks one too.
    In FRAY's alpha

The Ai reinforcements are bugged. When sieging a castle the main force always attacks the castle, but the reinforcements are just standing at the border of the map. Every battle takes like 15 min at 3 times the normal speeds, because I have to wait for the battle to finish. I am playing as Date btw.

Im not sure what kind of error this is, but every so often during any type of battle the game stoppes responding and i have to restart it(it freezes). It always occur during battles, never on the campaign map.

When i ran the "validation check" on the game via steam it found 3 files that needed to be downloaded again. It did so and the validation ran without incident the second time.
    I then play for about 2 hours with no problems before it starts up again. Now here is the "fun" part, i run the validation tool again and what do i get? 3files cant be validated and need to be redownloaded.. This is really annoying as i dont want to repair my game every 2hours

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
    My system is:

Win7 64bit
    12gig ram
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Cpu 960 @ 3.20GHz
    Gpu: Nvidia Gerforce GTX 480
    (sorry for long post)

Erroneous statistics.
    I played about 20 battles multipalyer, never came out of the battle. And what I have:

Last edited by Ensis1410; March 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM.

I find that when I exit the game I cant restart as ‘another instance of shogun is running’, so I have to ctrl + alt + del and end the process, only seams to happen after playing in multiplayer.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

I posted in the tech forum that, while I can run the game butter smooth, I crash every naval battle. Never during land battle.

Also, every time I quit Shogun 2, windows pops up saying that it had an error and stopped responding. This one isn't a huge deal, since it only happens when I want to quit anyway, it's just another little glitch I guess.

Soveriegn's Avatar Miles

I've had issues getting into match games where I never get the army selection screen and go straight to battle, and with either a random army or sometimes a generic general (not mine) and I obviously don't get a chance at all to play a fun match.
    Fight for Old Glory!

I played for about 4 hours, shut down, and now the game won't start. It just sits on the main title page with the hard drive chirping for 15 minutes, then crashes. awesome.

oh and i had the awesome black page of encyclopedia as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ensis1410 View Post
    Erroneous statistics.
    I played about 20 battles multipalyer, never came out of the battle. And what I have:

The latest patch does not fix the statistics, sad.

Your units sometimes (seems random) auto fire doesn't work for the whole unit. Only 5 or six archers/matchlocks shoot while the rest on the unit is in range. manually telling them to shoot makes them move a bit then shoot, even without casualties. placement problem?

Rare occasions: not all/none of the [catapults/mangonels?] of a unit shoot. They turn t face but don't do a thing.

Telling your [same as above] to stop shooting make them release their bombs few meters in front of them, sometimes on your troops.
    In FRAY's alpha

After the newest patch the game no longer be stable!
    Before the patch 13 hours without any crashes after Patch 3 crashes in one hour.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast