Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S2TW Bug thread.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default S2TW Bug thread.

Post Bug's in here.

If you are able include a picture of the bug this will make it easier to explain and fix later on.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Default Re: S2TW Bug thread.

My Daimyo is stuck right there. I've tried waiting several turns. He can't move.

I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of marble.

I can't really post a picture, because of the nature of the bug, but sometimes when i start battles the movement controls are inverted sometimes. FOr example if i press forward the camera moves backwars instead, adn if i press left it goes right. It fixes itself if you rotate the camera a bit, but still annoying.

ALso all the settings keep going back to default such as the advice level and whatnot going back tyo very high whenever i load my campaign again- i dont know if thats a bug or if theres a way to stop it.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Well i have a serious sound bug and i dont know why, even the enterance video of the game is buggy, i have a sound stuttering and the bass is just BUGGY as hell, basicly my sound is a MESS, does anyone else have that problem too, i mean the demo sound was just fine and now the full game sound is buggy what should i do?
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; March 15, 2011 at 12:51 PM.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have a sound bug too, at first, while playing battles... i got full sounds, then i tried a naval battle and i barely get any of the sounds.
    In the generals speech, you couldn't hear the cheering.

I did change my graphical settings, i'll change them back and see what happens.

Edit: I turned some of the graphical settings down to high and sound worked.
    Last edited by Comrade_Rory; March 15, 2011 at 01:39 PM.

Hi, I got the "Dishonourable Coward" whithout quiting at all, in statistics it say that i started 6 matches and finished 0.. i even have saved replays that prove I finished..

(ps my very first attempt at a game crashed but all others have been fine.)

Erik Hammarstrom's Avatar Foederatus

I get CTD:s in the campaign map when switching from drop in battle to regular

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

I had a bug where I couldn't start a naval battle, I tried two different battles and both refused to do anything when pressing the start battle button. One was a battle with my ally attacking a enemy fleet and my reinforcing and the other was just me attacking a enemy fleet with another enemy fleet reinforcing. Should have tested with no fleets reinforcing but too late now. Haven't tested yet if restarting the game would fix the issue.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Default This game is crawling with bugs

really, from the moment i started playing and tried to turn off mouse scroll but found I could no longer use my mouse wheel if i did so, to when our 4 person match making attempt froze or crashed the game 3 straight times, to when i double click my unit card and find myself staring at the ground, to the fact that I can only see 5 games in the lobby when there are several thousand people playing this game right now, I have seen a multitude of bugs. If i wanted i could make quite a long list already and i've only played for 6 hours.
    Last edited by dmcheatw; March 15, 2011 at 08:56 PM.
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

Default This game is crawling with bugs

really, from the moment i launched this game and found that unchecking mouse scroll also disables my mouse wheel, to when i double click my unit card and find my camera staring at a patch of open ground instead of the unit, to when my friends and I try match making only to have it freeze or crash the game 3 straight times, or when my friends and I only see 1-5 games in the lobby yet there are over 20,000 people playing right now, i realize that bugs are crippling my enjoyment of this game.

My friends and I can't find a game presumably because other people can't see us just as we can't see them. I could make a pretty long list of bugs and I've only played for 6 hours. This is rather disheartening, wish i was playing the game instead of making this post.
    Last edited by dmcheatw; March 15, 2011 at 09:11 PM.

mav61's Avatar Civis

I've had ctds..freezeing..no sound..the white uniform bug..hehe they'll never fix that it was Nappy and its still there...but yeah the ctds are really bugging me at the moment...release bugs who wants them...

Default Re: This game is crawling with bugs

Nevermind. It was moved.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by dmcheatw View Post
    really, from the moment i launched this game and found that unchecking mouse scroll also disables my mouse wheel, to when i double click my unit card and find my camera staring at a patch of open ground instead of the unit, to when my friends and I try match making only to have it freeze or crash the game 3 straight times, to when my friends and I only see 1-5 games in the lobby yet there are over 20,000 people playing right now, i realize that bugs are crippling my enjoyment of this game.

My friends and I can't find a game presumably because other people can't see us just as we can't see them. I could make a pretty long list of bugs and I've only played for 6 hours. This is rather disheartening, wish i was playing the game instead of making this post.
    Well, you can try and explain the particular issues that are bugging you for a start.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Well, you can try and explain the particular issues that are bugging you for a start.

i just listed 4... but if u could solve the issue of 90% of all hosted games not being visible that would be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcheatw View Post
    i just listed 4... but if u could solve the issue of 90% of all hosted games not being visible that would be a start.
    Thank goodness I don't play MP like that. Sounds somewhat aggravating. Hope it gets fixed.

the whole game is bugged, mm maybe buggered would be better term for it, it has rushed out the door written all over it, cant believe you folks are happy with this.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HIGHLANDER View Post
    the whole game is bugged, mm maybe buggered would be better term for it, it has rushed out the door written all over it, cant believe you folks are happy with this.
    Why do you think that? list all the reasons here so we can put an end to this.

tab key doesn't work as a hotkey, window for encyclopedia only shows a white screen, players try to join via friend invite, but instead it says game doesn't exist. the list goes on and on.

My encyclopedia only shows a black screen (Limited Edition, german; Vista 64bit). The box is there and I can click on the buttons for main page and forward/backward, but the content part is pitch black. In the demo it worked fine.

Edit: Weird, now it works. Was there an update I didn't notice? It sure wasn't something I did.
    Last edited by Lysimachos; March 16, 2011 at 03:26 AM.

Read my AARs:
    The Legacy of Megas Alexandros (Europa Barbarorum as Arche Seleukeia)
    The Prodigal Son (Shogun 2 as Mori)
    You like a good reading? Then check out the homepage of our fellow TWC-member Theodotos I at www.stephenwrites.com!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast