Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AAR - Date clan road to kyoto

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Default Re: AAR - Date clan road to kyoto

Very cool man. More updates!!!!
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    As the winter arrived the Date army marched towards Ugo castle meanwhile our ninja provided info regarding the garrison. but Mogami Daymo showed everything i needed to know they're too weak by proposing peace even before i attacked. this was a good signal that our Clan should attack and expand our influence.

as spring arrived our army set siege and prepared to storm the castle

Battle of Ugo:

the obvious result

after a successful siege our clan have expanded our borders to west and start building our path to the future Date Shogunate

But mogami clan isn't finished but is too weak, but also i need to rebuild my economy and build a solid base to face future bigger challenges, so the peace treat was hard as it possibly could be, peace treaty, trade agreement and VASSALAGE

stay tuned for more
    Kawaii

small update.....

you may guess, ANOTHER rebbelion

this time i've sent my daymo to end this for good, and for good means no survivors

quick shot in-battle (you can see they routed since i was enable to embush them with my cavalry making them trapped on small valley)

the result is obvious, no mercy no survivors

Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Oooh! Thanks for this. Keep it coming for those of us still waiting on our Amazon orders.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

very good. Btw you are playin in easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    very good. Btw you are playin in easy?
    normal i always play as normal when i play a first campaign, because i still learning wich building are on the game , what they do, units..... etc etc so i use normal as learning mode, after it i will go on hard

After pacifying the lands wich now makes my core regions, a new era of prosperity arrived enabling the building of a fleet (trade ships and 2 warships to protect them) now in control of the most northern trade node wich have provided a huge boost on trade and the raise of a new general out of the family circle wich was given the task to prove himself by conquering our weak not anymore ally and capture myagi.

the victory was obvious but all battles must be decided on the battlefield (never auto-resolve).

the battle was quick and easy due our overhelming number and the quick pace with wich allowed attacked from all sides the small garrison inside

with this quick victory the new general Goto Nagakiyo have proved himself and brought attention to the Date clan from the imperial court.

but with this recognition we're now worth of the attention of our sourthern clans and now enable to make deals, starting with our nearby clan Uesugi (trade and alliance)

and with the tokugawa clan (trade with condition of keep Date terumane as hostage for 8 seasons, but the benefits from trade income is far greater)

stay tuned for more

Thanks for the AAR, just curious how come you don't have any bowmen? Is it to do with the buildings or just personal preference?

well i've at moment only avaliable in Ugo but personaly the yari bowman isnt that great so i keep them to defend my castle. so far i had small battles so you may see soon some bowmen in action aswell but for sieges i think bowmen wouldnt bring any advantage

It's personall preferance because he could recruit Bow Ashigaru. Plus the Date get a charge bonus.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

thanks for keeping my sanity intact Ataegina. overral what are your opinions of the game? is the battle ai good? how are the other clans holding up? ( except the Shimazu of course )

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan262 View Post
    It's personall preferance because he could recruit Bow Ashigaru. Plus the Date get a charge bonus.
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    thanks for keeping my sanity intact Ataegina. overral what are your opinions of the game? is the battle ai good? how are the other clans holding up? ( except the Shimazu of course )
    well i didnt played too many battles, many were small but i noticed for example they're keen in pick the best suitable terrain and if it favours them they will hold it and make you attack them wich wich they've ranged units this will cost you....... also i noticed they dont just charge straight ahead (wich in previous games they did alot ending in suicide) they now dont have problem in flanking you.

i've only found a few clans and they're all busy in take, re-take, raid, its a mess but i'm happy for they being so busy and leaving me on my corner alone also factions can re-emerge and so far the faction only is gone is you kill the daymo , if you capture all castles this don't automaticaly defeats the faction. and to end naval invasions and good use of ships

keep in mind this is my own personal point of view

Senator

It is good to hear that they finaly have the AI making good use of naval assets to further expansion. I remember them trying to get this to happen in Rome, and to their credit I actualy saw it hapen a single time in all the time I played that game. It is also nice to hear that the AI is active on the map. Dose it seem more like they are a plyer participating in the game or just some obstical to be overcome? That was always my major gripe with the Total War AI, it'd just sit there and let you have your way with it more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaray View Post
    It is good to hear that they finaly have the AI making good use of naval assets to further expansion. I remember them trying to get this to happen in Rome, and to their credit I actualy saw it hapen a single time in all the time I played that game. It is also nice to hear that the AI is active on the map. Dose it seem more like they are a plyer participating in the game or just some obstical to be overcome? That was always my major gripe with the Total War AI, it'd just sit there and let you have your way with it more often than not.
    so far the AI seems oportunistic and very active, so far seems hard to have some peace on my lands....

A new rebellion but unlike before they didnt just raided, they besieged my castle as soon they noticed that i've sent reinforcements, but even with my heir and fighting to the last man my forces were heavily outnumbered as result the rebels controled Ugo for one turn until my reinforcements arrived and retook Ugo .... Passive AI ...not anymore

because a massive rebellion wasn't enough Hojo clan decided to give a hand and sent stack with wich had their daymo + 2 generals to besiege miyagi, they had bigger army but i had cavalry. so i didnt waited for they to storm the castle (wich would make my cavalry worthless within walls) and so i decided to take the fight to them into open field.

Result was clear victory and a warning to those Hojo bastards

Oh man this AAR is making me want to write an AAR even though I have an inadequate graphics card.......
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Good job Ataegina! I think your aar offers some interesting insights into the gameplay. I'm especailly pleased to see that that AI built such a well balanced army of ashigaru units in your latest update. Obviously they were no match for your samurai but still an impressive army for the AI nonetheless.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    Oh man this AAR is making me want to write an AAR even though I have an inadequate graphics card.......
    i will be looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    Good job Ataegina! I think your aar offers some interesting insights into the gameplay. I'm especailly pleased to see that that AI built such a well balanced army of ashigaru units in your latest update. Obviously they were no match for your samurai but still an impressive army for the AI nonetheless.
    thats true but what surprised me as the timming, they waited for i to deal with a rebellion on Ugo to strike me hard. besides this was very bad moment since my economy was a wreck, on this game is really easy to get your finances gone in a blink

with the victory i married the general in charge of Miyagi to one of my daughters, making his loyalty grow and also allowing to get a retainer (the total control of family is very nice feature, choose heirs, choose marriages, skills, traits, etc )

The Clan

The fame of our clan have reached beyond borders of japan and so the foreigner traders (europeans) have requested Trade with us. The offer was accepted but we couldn't accept for now the establishment of european trading port and their influence, since the memories of the rebellions still fresh.

since the victory over the Hojo clan our vassals (mogami) have expanded their territory. now holding more lands than us we couldn't afford them to became more powerful and risk one day the vassal make their master their vassal so we strike.

Yamagata Battle

Western Tohoku Sea Battle

With mogami fleet out of the way, was time to strike Sado castle, but my general underestimated the defender advantage. first the castle was sorrounded by water with just two bridges wich created bottleneck issue, second this made my approach an easy target for their archers and third having their daymo on the castle boosted their moral alot. with all this bad omen's defeat was evident but we stand for honorable death than a dishonorable retreat. we're defeated but their victory was phyrric.

Sado castle Battle

But this wasn't over and this time i would make them pay, they're overconfident and they followed me as my army left the siege. with a shore on one side and hills covered with forest this was the perfect place for my embush and now i had my payback...........mogami daymo head

as result of this victory i've returned to sado castle and both sides can win, both sides have the same number of soldiers, both infantry, they've the castle walls but i've a fleet to call for reinforcements

stay tuned for more
    Last edited by Ataegina; March 16, 2011 at 02:50 PM.

Superub pictures and explinations . Please continue this. How did you like the naval battles?

actually its more fun than etw-ntw. also you can see on the horizon the costline wich is great

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast