Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAR - Date clan road to kyoto

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: AAR - Date clan road to kyoto

you lost? a battle on normal with numeric advantage!?
    i want to play Shogun even more now! curse the cruel gods that let such travesty happen to me! curse me for pre-ordering a boxed limited edition!

btw: great aar, do you have any info of some kind of super power growing in the more western parts of Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    you lost? a battle on normal with numeric advantage!?
    i want to play Shogun even more now! curse the cruel gods that let such travesty happen to me! curse me for pre-ordering a boxed limited edition!

btw: great aar, do you have any info of some kind of super power growing in the more western parts of Japan?
    sad isn't ??

well they've castle walls and bows so by the time i reached the walls my numerical advantage was gone....

i've played for 11 years and by now thousand battles, very used to win "yeah that crappy AI" than this happens but its ironic because i'm happy for the AI finally acts as a proper AI. besides japonese castle are way more tricky than the european as we've get used to

at moment theres no single super power i've seen growing and than shrinking, new emerging clans, clans destroyed its a mess, but its total war
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

So nice watching your new pictures. I will gonna watch them all.

Sgt.Valenzuela's Avatar Civitate

nice AAR. Playing Date at the moment myself on Hard. Its definitly a different challenge as to playing Shimazu. Just got done witht hem and mainly surrouned by bunch of 1 territory clans that you can easily war and take on but with Date I am surrounded by the more bigger clans. I lucked out and got Mogami clan to be my Vassal and there bigger then me now =/ but forever how long that will be.

but nice AAR look forward to reading more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Valenzuela View Post
    nice AAR. Playing Date at the moment myself on Hard. Its definitly a different challenge as to playing Shimazu. Just got done witht hem and mainly surrouned by bunch of 1 territory clans that you can easily war and take on but with Date I am surrounded by the more bigger clans. I lucked out and got Mogami clan to be my Vassal and there bigger then me now =/ but forever how long that will be.

but nice AAR look forward to reading more.
    thats true, besides you start with just one province wich by the way isnt very wealthy at the start rebellions appears like mushrooms in a forest , to expand you've no option if not go to war and this is bad because major clans are located nearby and tsunamis and other natural disasters

small update (i will post later a more larger one)

after putting down rebellions and start to rebuild my finances apparently i need to pay tribute to the shogun....

meanwhile i've eliminated some mogami rebels nearby miyagi, experimenting for the first time muskets

on the other hand since i've became allied with Mori (christian clan now) and my previous encounter with the portuguese, seems i've now the option to convert my daymo to christianism.

so what do you think guys? Adopt christianism Or Decline and burn any trace of the europeans on my territories and (further conquered ones) ?

Valhalla89's Avatar Libertus

Great AAR man. I say convert to Christianity and start using those muskets just like your Mori allies! Looking forward to reading more.
    Total War Games aren't really improving with each generation, simply changing eras...

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

don't convert boot out the euros!!!

After the success against the Tokugawa-Imagawa coallition now was time to assert my influence....

new Date regions:

the price of defeat.....vassalage

i love this guys (ninjas) spying, killing, sabotaging MAYHEM

Proeminent Fame

The best way to control the masses is to keep them happy and by happy i mean having a huge surplus of food

But this is a time of civil war and our clan can't just watch our friends and foes expanding and we falling behind so our Daymo marched towards the rebels at Takasaki but this time we've......Ninjas

After the victory now is time to go more further than ever, with upgrading Musashi castle -> fortress so this will serve a sourthern "capital" and allowing to build up an army in case of invasion from our cunning friends... the hojo.

As soon the fortress is built our Daymo will sail south with fleet of 9 heavy ships and get the Chokosabe.Even by having as ally a major clan wich is christian (mori) and most of the sourthern clans (also most of southern japan) is christian my Daymo still following shinto-budhism

Moved to the correct sub-forum.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123