View Poll Results: Who is better at mass-routing an opponent?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Germania

24 41.38%
  • Britannia

34 58.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Germania vs Britannia

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Germania vs Britannia

I voted for Britannia, because in RTW they simply butcher everything Germania has to put against them, aside maybe chosen archers. Germania cannot afford having much of them, anyway. Realistically, i don't know what'd happen. Probably nothing, as where is the leader that would unite all Germania under one banner? Or the same for Britannia?
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

Valkar's Avatar Senator

If i play Germania, i exterminate the Britons withouth problems, because their chariots are weak, there head hurlers have awful defense, so i flank them, and they only make warband, so my chosen Axy's and me Berserkers make beautifull Heroic victory's!

But, as the poll sais, its about Mass Routing.. If you see my victorys against the Romans with the Germans, you would never vote Britannia

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

Well, Valkar, it depends whether it was singleplayer or multiplayer battle, that will we be amazed or be like "DERP".
    Last edited by Maiar93; March 18, 2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

8B derp

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Valkar View Post
    If i play Germania, i exterminate the Britons withouth problems, because their chariots are weak, there head hurlers have awful defense, so i flank them, and they only make warband, so my chosen Axy's and me Berserkers make beautifull Heroic victory's!

But, as the poll sais, its about Mass Routing.. If you see my victorys against the Romans with the Germans, you would never vote Britannia
    Against a computer yes, but Britons in player hands will just run away from you and drown you in missiles, when they are out of ammo they will send in the chariots to rout what is left.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Even though Germania has the more powerful units (i.e. night raiders, berserkers, etc.), I've got to go with Britannia because they can mass rout so easily with their unfair amount of chariots. Quite annoying.

Brittania has powerful chariots that doesnt run amok, they take it right there. In addition to the head hurlers.
    - To tell the truth is revolutionary.
    Antonio Gramsci
    - We know the road to freedom has always been stalked by death.
    Angela Davis

Britain because of the chariots.

Chariots were never really effective for me. I went with the good ol' berserkers and company.
    "The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected" - Sun Tzu

As far as mass routing goes, I'd say they're equally capable, but as for winning a fight, Brittania is superior.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

A bit off-topic, but
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiar93
    , as where is the leader that would unite all Germania under one banner?
    Arminius would come closest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    A bit off-topic, but

Arminius would come closest.
    Arminius did it. Untill the other leaders saw the he had slayed the romans. They didn't need him anymore and killed him.
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
    Karl Marx

I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist.
    Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by timpi View Post
    Arminius did it. Untill the other leaders saw the he had slayed the romans. They didn't need him anymore and killed him.
    Germania was much bigger than todays Germany, there is no way he could have united all those tibes all the way to the black sea...

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius View Post
    Historically, Britain is terribly unrealistic in the game, going for Germania.
    That is like saying its wrong to take down an F16 with a spartan laser just because it does not exist. Combat efficiency over realism. i am not going to bring a normal brit MP army without those things.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    Germania was much bigger than todays Germany, there is no way he could have united all those tibes all the way to the black sea...
    Some autistic dick with parkinson tried though.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    The tribes at the black sea where dacia and scythia. Germania from those days is nowadays Poland, Germany.
    Karl Marx

I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist.
    Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Maiar93 View Post
    I voted for Britannia, because in RTW they simply butcher everything Germania has to put against them, aside maybe chosen archers. Germania cannot afford having much of them, anyway. Realistically, i don't know what'd happen. Probably nothing, as where is the leader that would unite all Germania under one banner? Or the same for Britannia?
    Take a look at Arminius-Hermann he united 3 German tribes Cherusci, Chatti, and Bructii. With the united tribes he ahnilated three Roman Legions XXVI XXVII XXVIII some 20,000 men. Closing off Germania from Rome forever the last attempt was by Germanicus 15 years later in an effort to restore the honor of Rome in the north, however it was only mildly successful, and Germanicus and Arminius fought a constant back in forth causing heavy losses to the Romans eventually forcing them to retreat back over the Rhine. The only reason Rome wasn't overrun by the Germans earlier was that Arminius was assassinated by his own cousin out of fear of his growing power.

The tribes at the black sea where dacia and scythia. Germania from those days is nowadays Poland, Germany.
    The Bastarnae were a Germanic tribe and they lived around Thrace

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Cuirassier View Post
    Take a look at Arminius-Hermann he united 3 German tribes Cherusci, Chatti, and Bructii. With the united tribes he ahnilated three Roman Legions XXVI XXVII XXVIII some 20,000 men. Closing off Germania from Rome forever the last attempt was by Germanicus 15 years later in an effort to restore the honor of Rome in the north, however it was only mildly successful, and Germanicus and Arminius fought a constant back in forth causing heavy losses to the Romans eventually forcing them to retreat back over the Rhine. The only reason Rome wasn't overrun by the Germans earlier was that Arminius was assassinated by his own cousin out of fear of his growing power.
    Do you realize that Germanicus is a title and not a name, it means conquerer of Germany and over 20 emperors used that title. It was already granted after 1 succesful battle in Germania.

NOTE: I don't think there has ever been a Varus Germanicus
    Karl Marx

Benjamin Disraeli

Do you realize that Germanicus is a title and not a name, it means conquerer of Germany and over 20 emperors used that title. It was already granted after 1 succesful battle in Germania.

NOTE: I don't think there has ever been a Varus Germanicus
    Yes I realize that haha mistake on my part for not being specific the emperor after Augustus Tiberius Germanicus. there problem solved, also fun fact Germanicus was such a popular name for the Emperors of Rome because it was seen as a monumental achievement to win a battle agianst the wild German barbarians of the north

Valkar's Avatar Senator

Ooo... Germania is getting closer then in the beginning.. Seems that chariots are useless after all
    Compared to the chariots from XC, who are completely freaking strong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast