Thread: FO Preview : Music

Default FO Preview : Music

This is the Indian Music pack for Fortuna Orbis.

http://ifile.it/7btzy4h/Boom%20Fortu...-%20Maurya.rar
    (to download,
    # click 'request download ticket'
    # a 'download' button will appear in a couple of seconds
    # click it
    # save the file
    # unrar to extract the folder. it has 12 .mp3 files and 2 text files, one listing the tracks and the other called 'Maurya Music Guide' detailing by track # which track is meant for which situation)
    Code:
    01 Maya - This illusion called life

02 Akrosh - Fury

03 Tandav - Dance of destruction

04 DharmaYuddha - Righteous War

05 Amar Senani - Immortal Soldier

06 Balidaan - Sacrifice

07 SuvarnaBhumi - Golden Land

08 Amrapali

09 Shatrunjay - Vanquisher of Enemies

10 Amabasya - Moonless Night

11 MatriBhumi - Motherland

12 Vasanta - Springtime

we will try to do the same for other factions that are not covered by RTR. that means primarily eastern factions like parthia. we are also ready to swap if someone has good persian music.

disclaimer : I don't claim this is original music per se, I have mainly mixed and edited bits and pieces of music from all over the place. hopefully I have stayed within the boundaries of 'fair use'. that and our lack of profit motive should keep us safe from copyright nazis.
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; March 14, 2011 at 12:00 PM.

Default Re: FO Preview : Music

added 3 new tracks for the mauryans.
    http://ifile.it/hbreo0f/Boom%20FO%20new%20music.rar

Code:
    13 Ashani Sanket : Distant Thunder
    14 KutaYuddha - Spy Wars
    15 AntimYatra Last Journey
    up next, a couple of tracks for the parthians.

DukeCanada's Avatar Domesticus

Hey Boom, I've downloaded the music and checked out the first few songs. Ill post every time I get a chance to listen to a few more. Hopefully this helps!

1 - This Illusion Called Life - Although I've never been a huge fan of eastern music, I found it quite relaxing and thought it would make great campaigning music. Especially at the outset of a new campaign. "refreshing" is a good word to describe this song

2 - Fury - Bloody Terrifying, I thought 3 legions of Romans were attacking the heart of my Empire. I dont know in what application you intend to implement it, but no matter what its going to get the blood rushing

3 - Dance of Destruction - Fairly similar to fury in terms of feel. The main difference for me is that I felt like I was attacking as opposed to defending. Thats just me though.

4 - DharmaYuddh - This song...Erm. Well I found myself playing with the volume control a little. There's this ringing in the background that is very high pitched. I liked the feel of the song in itself, but that ringing was just overwhelming. The song felt like..."time to make a decision" when I was blocking out the ringing. I rather like the intro as well.

Overall, the first 3 I liked and think they would mesh into a campaign very well, but the fourth. Well, I guess its up to you, but I wouldnt use it.

Edit: I just read the music guide. I think the application for the first 3 is great. As for the fourth, well I think that the "mobilize" music only lasts a few seconds, so perhaps you dont get to the ringing part. Maybe it has its use after all
    Last edited by DukeCanada; March 19, 2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Rome Total Realism Public Relations Representative

"We saved so much money on toilet paper" - Remlap, after giving advice on proper wiping technique.

thanks for the detailed review, that what I was looking for.
    about # 4, I'll see what I can do.

hope you do the same for other tracks too,
    cheers !

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

I am not known as a great music critic, but here's my thoughts on the music.

1. This track is pretty special. It fits into RTW well and will do well as campaign music.
    2. This track has a "busy" sound to it. It is certainly one for the height of battle. If anything, it's a bit short.
    3. More epic than 2. This one will serve very well for battles. I like it.
    4. I agree with Duke - the bells are too high-pitched.
    5. I can't quite place where this one would be used without looking at the list. Having looked at the list and seen it is in the prebattle bits, I agree, it does have a feel of decisions being made. There are parts that sound a bit modern to me, but I could be wrong.
    6. This one builds up slowly, which is fine, as it has a nice sound to it, except for the fact that until around 1:20, the music (especially the horn in the background) is a bit too soft. Apart from that, it is good, and after around 2:00 one can imagine the armies locked in battle well, the conflict on a knife edge.

The rest will come.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Some examples of music for steppe tribes (barbarians)
    Muuldrummle, komys, homys, vargan, shan-kobyz, tumran...
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xgfxxjwey...GFYaHK9Sa?dl=0

*the authors do not always indicate