Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Expanded Map Mod 3.5 for Vanilla 3.2 (Updated Aug 6th)

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Expanded Map Mod for 2.1- FRoME Compatible Version Added

Christ almighty, you already got FROME up? WOW

It seems that the map mod works with FROME. I have not the time to play it on, but I could load FROME and start a game with Gondor. It's amazing how fast Il Ducce works. Really a great Mod, thanks alot Il Ducce.
    I am impressed.
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Nice one Il Ducce. +rep Anything that enhances the campaign map is a bonus.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

YOU make my dreams come true Il ducce, you truly make my dreams come true, do you change export descr units btw?

Quote Originally Posted by [SMoKE] View Post
    Had the same problem, probably you also did forget what i did forget back then. Which is step 4 of the installation, hope that helps.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    1.) Download attached file.
    2.) Unzip file.
    3.) Copy data folder over your TATW data folder.
    4.) Delete map.rwm
    Thanks for pointing that out smoke, it works great now, many thanks ilducce

Ah, I saw you also made the mode compatible with Taro_M's Gondor Unit mod. Would it be possible for you to merge your FROME Map Mod with Taro_M's Gondor Unit mod. Of course if Taro agrees.

On the other hand side it would maybe overpower Gondor. Since Gondor got also alot of new settlements.

Maybe it would than be necessary to strengthen the Evil factions. Maybe with more settlements, or more money, or more and better units.....
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Hes a mapper calm down Start by adding vale of anduin to the frome mod nah im kidding

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hey DUCCE, are you gonna make this compatible for Barons compilation or heroes MOS? Thanks!

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Hey DUCCE, are you gonna make this compatible for Barons compilation or heroes MOS? Thanks!
    It's in the OP:

Odenathus has agreed to work on a Baron's compatible version (so please, +rep him for that when that is added, rather than me)
    Hero of the West is working on a MOS compatible version.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Still working on the MOS version.. running into some weird placement bugs..

Nicely done II Ducce. I really appreciate the fast work !
    On a side note, I get some CTDs when attacking settlements... and also this in my log:
    I don't know how to fix these.

15:24:33.375 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2782, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile(281, 135) for the settlement of Orc Encampment.
    It will mean not being able to reach this settlement and is a bug.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    15:29:45.578 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <siege_settlement>, at line 10451, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Attacker <mirkwood5> cannot siege settlemnt <Lowest-Anduin-Vale>.
    15:32:54.593 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2782, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile(281, 135) for the settlement of Orc Encampment.
    It will mean not being able to reach this settlement and is a bug.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    15:36:16.343 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <siege_settlement>, at line 10451, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Attacker <mirkwood5> cannot siege settlemnt <Lowest-Anduin-Vale>.
    15:43:42.296 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I just started the FROME version with each faction and found only one minor issue. The army that should be in Kas shafra (Harad) is not in place but a bit outside the city. Maybe you want to look into this later. Good job, and I'll look into further bugs while playing later on.

Odenat

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Waited for skeletons version for 2.0 all the time and was very disappointed when he disappeared.
    Thx for finally making this epic submod!!!!

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Ourk View Post
    Nicely done II Ducce. I really appreciate the fast work !
    On a side note, I get some CTDs when attacking settlements... and also this in my log:
    I don't know how to fix these.
    The Orc Encampment thing is my bad. It's just something I forgot to fix but I will when patch. The script error is something I have never seen before. Which version are you playing, FRoME or Vanilla? I didn't add the settlement Lowest-Anduin_Vale, so this might be an unrelated script error, although that seems unlikely.

Also, which settlements? I'll take a look at them. The FRoME version remains largely untested.

Quote Originally Posted by Odenathus View Post
    I just started the FROME version with each faction and found only one minor issue. The army that should be in Kas shafra (Harad) is not in place but a bit outside the city. Maybe you want to look into this later. Good job, and I'll look into further bugs while playing later on.

Odenat
    This is my bad. I forgot that when I originally made the changed map, I moved the location of Kas Shafra and then forgot to do anything about it. It will go in the patch when I build up enough bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
    Ah, I saw you also made the mode compatible with Taro_M's Gondor Unit mod. Would it be possible for you to merge your FROME Map Mod with Taro_M's Gondor Unit mod. Of course if Taro agrees.

On the other hand side it would maybe overpower Gondor. Since Gondor got also alot of new settlements.

Maybe it would than be necessary to strengthen the Evil factions. Maybe with more settlements, or more money, or more and better units.....
    It's not as obvious, but Mordor got just as many new settlements as Gondor. I would definitely consider making this compatible with Taro_M's additional Mordor units if he ever gets permission for those (did he? I haven't been paying attention)

TBH, when I play for my own personal use, I use an even further extended map (mostly in and around Gondor and Eraidor) with Taro_M's Gondor, AUM, Lore Mod, parts of Louis Lux's Middle Earth enhanced, expanded resources, and units, unique building and ancillaries that I coded, but don't have permission to share. As you can imagine, it's not all that balanced. But it's epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    Hes a mapper calm down Start by adding vale of anduin to the frome mod nah im kidding
    Don't think I haven't tried before. It's just that I'm absolutely hopeless at adding whole factions to the descr_strat. The FRoME gave me a little trouble because I tried to cut out a couple of its added settlements, but I eventually left them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    YOU make my dreams come true Il ducce, you truly make my dreams come true, do you change export descr units btw?
    No sir. A complete list of the files changed is as follows:
    data/text/imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt
    data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt
    data/world/maps/base/map_regions.tga
    data/world/maps/base/map_ground_types.tga
    data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt
    data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_mercenaries.txt
    data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_regions_and_settlement_names_lookup.txt

Possibly a descr_music_regions in future patches. Hero of the West tipped me off to that earlier today.

It'll probably be a while before I get to work on testing Baron's, which Odenathus should be emailing me later today, as I have family in town. Also, internet is down at my place, which makes getting on here a hassle. So I apologize in advance if I don't respond promptly to an issue or concern you post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Ducce View Post
    I would definitely consider making this compatible with Taro_M's additional Mordor units if he ever gets permission for those (did he? I haven't been paying attention)

TBH, when I play for my own personal use, I use an even further extended map (mostly in and around Gondor and Eraidor) with Taro_M's Gondor, AUM, Lore Mod, parts of Louis Lux's Middle Earth enhanced, expanded resources, and units, unique building and ancillaries that I coded, but don't have permission to share. As you can imagine, it's not all that balanced. But it's epic.
    I followed Taro_M's Unit Mod Thread a long time. I think he is very easy with charing his work, as far I could read. I guess the best would be if you asked him per PM.
    Regarding your Monster Mod (further extended map (mostly in and around Gondor and Eraidor) with Taro_M's Gondor, AUM, Lore Mod, parts of Louis Lux's Middle Earth enhanced, expanded resources, and units, unique building and ancillaries ) I have to admit that I would really love to play them myself.

From your FROME Map Mod I can say that I played it with Dunland this evening until round 35 without any ctd. It was great fun to play Dunland.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
    I followed Taro_M's Unit Mod Thread a long time. I think he is very easy with charing his work, as far I could read. I guess the best would be if you asked him per PM.
    Regarding your Monster Mod (further extended map (mostly in and around Gondor and Eraidor) with Taro_M's Gondor, AUM, Lore Mod, parts of Louis Lux's Middle Earth enhanced, expanded resources, and units, unique building and ancillaries ) I have to admit that I would really love to play them myself.

From your FROME Map Mod I can say that I played it with Dunland this evening until round 35 without any ctd. It was great fun to play Dunland.
    Dunland is my favorite faction from FRoME. I'm glad to hear that it's not crashing out from under you.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

great work... i looks just great +rep

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Expanded Map Mod for 2.1 Updated to v1.1 for FRoME and Vanilla

Great work, keep it up!
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Quote Originally Posted by Il Ducce View Post
    The Orc Encampment thing is my bad. It's just something I forgot to fix but I will when patch. The script error is something I have never seen before. Which version are you playing, FRoME or Vanilla? I didn't add the settlement Lowest-Anduin_Vale, so this might be an unrelated script error, although that seems unlikely.

Also, which settlements? I'll take a look at them. The FRoME version remains largely untested.
    Well, I'm playing my "own" version which is a mix of several mods + parts of a good dozen mods probably so there certainly are several errors I inserted myself which are causing the troubles here... (CTDs when taking your new settlements, etc).

That being said, I tested a simple vanilla + FRoME with your expanded map and it worked fine.

On a side note, I'd be very interested in your personal mod. Any chance you could either ask for permissions or... oh well give it to me ? ^^

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Expanded Map Mod for 2.1 Updated to v1.1 for FRoME and Vanilla

Lovin the new map settlements, and also testing with FROME...+rep