Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Expanded Map Mod 3.5 for Vanilla 3.2 (Updated Aug 6th)

Default Re: Expanded Map Mod for Clean 2.1

Great Job thank you!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Quote Originally Posted by Ourk View Post
    4 new regions and 3 names changed if I remember correctly.
    Do I need to modify only the files you mentioned here, or are there other files which need to be looked at too ?
    If you want to try merging this with FRoME, you will have to go line by line through every text file I change and edit them to match. This means figuring out which settlements from FRoME to delete, as you will have to overwrite the map_regions.tga file in order to merge the two. After that you will have to decide which settlements should go to the additional factions added, so you'll have to go line by line through descr_strat in order to do that, and as the settlements currently classified under slave are not organized as to whether they are added by me or not, it would be tricky.

I will get to work on merging this with FRoME and MOS as soon as I get out of work today and hopefully I'll have something to show by the end of the week.

Edit: Odenathus has agreed to work on a Baron's compatible version.

Dr. Freeman's Avatar Libertus

Very nice work, I haven't played the previous TA versions but I did see Skeleton's thread and was hoping for an extended map release, you just did the job, my hero

Quote Originally Posted by Il Ducce View Post
    If you want to try merging this with FRoME, you will have to go line by line through every text file I change and edit them to match. This means figuring out which settlements from FRoME to delete, as you will have to overwrite the map_regions.tga file in order to merge the two. After that you will have to decide which settlements should go to the additional factions added, so you'll have to go line by line through descr_strat in order to do that, and as the settlements currently classified under slave are not organized as to whether they are added by me or not, it would be tricky.
    Yeah, I've just realised that... I'll give it a try though.
    Thanks for the answer ^^

Hey Ducce,

I'm eager to play this mod with Carl for Middle-earth (AI economy).
    If you already know that it's not possible simply stop reading now and say NO!
    But if you don't know if it's possible or not i'd really appreciate if you could read the following and tell me what you think. Thanks already!

AUM replaces the following;

- export_descr_unit.txt
    - export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt
    - export_descr_buildings.txt
    - text/export_units.txt
    - unit_models/battle_models.modeldb
    - sounds/events.dat
    - sounds/events.idx

Expanded Map Mod

Not compatible with any submods that change descr_strat, descr_regions, or descr_mercs.
    Finally for Carl for Middle-earth;

It´s compatible with any submod that doesn´t change the campaign_script or the EDB (Add new events, new units, changed buildings, etc. I guess most "bigger" submods will do so - so there´s unfortunately no compability)
    After reading this, it seems to me that Expanded Map Mod and Carl for Middle-Earth may work together (without AUM ofc), but again, i don't understand that much about this stuff that's why i'm not able to see the whole picture here. So what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by [SMoKE] View Post
    Hey Ducce,

I'm eager to play this mod with Carl for Middle-earth (AI economy).
    If you already know that it's not possible simply stop reading now and say NO!
    But if you don't know if it's possible or not i'd really appreciate if you could read the following and tell me what you think. Thanks already!

AUM replaces the following;

- export_descr_unit.txt
    - export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt
    - export_descr_buildings.txt
    - text/export_units.txt
    - unit_models/battle_models.modeldb
    - sounds/events.dat
    - sounds/events.idx

Expanded Map Mod

Finally for Carl for Middle-earth;

After reading this, it seems to me that Expanded Map Mod and Carl for Middle-Earth may work together (without AUM ofc), but again, i don't understand that much about this stuff that's why i'm not able to see the whole picture here. So what you think?
    Just downloaded Carl for Middle-Earth, took a look at what it uses. This mod is compatible with Carl. Updating first post and title now.

Just downloaded Carl for Middle-Earth, took a look at what it uses. This mod is compatible with Carl. Updating first post and title now.
    Great news! Thank you for the quick answer man!

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Expanded Map Mod for Clean 2.1 -- Compatible with AUM and Carl for Middle Earth, FRoME and MOS compatible versions forthcoming

good news think i made this compatible for MOS aswell

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Expanded Map Mod for Clean 2.1 -- Compatible with AUM and Carl for Middle Earth, FRoME and MOS compatible versions forthcoming

As I already said, this is a brilliant mod. Downloaded it last night while I should have been studying for exams, damn you sir

One thing that I don't necessarily agree with, as a fervent player of the High Elves, is the positioning of Belegost...I'd rather it if Belegost and Nogrod were not split apart by the areas owned by the Elves in Lindon, its simply problematic in the long term campaign for both the Dwarves and the Elves...

In FROME Belegost is positioned north of Mithlond, yet very close...which would be a perfect position for Nogrod, since actually Nogrod is south of Belegost... as seen here.

It'd be great if Nogrod and Belegost were split apart only by Thorins Halls, giving the Dwarves a strong starting position of two fortressess.

Quote Originally Posted by Everto View Post
    One thing that I don't necessarily agree with, as a fervent player of the High Elves, is the positioning of Belegost...I'd rather it if Belegost and Nogrod were not split apart by the areas owned by the Elves in Lindon, its simply problematic in the long term campaign for both the Dwarves and the Elves...

In FROME Belegost is positioned north of Mithlond, yet very close...which would be a perfect position for Nogrod, since actually Nogrod is south of Belegost... as seen here.

It'd be great if Nogrod and Belegost were split apart only by Thorins Halls, giving the Dwarves a strong starting position of two fortressess.

I confess, the only reason I did it this way is because Skeleton of the West did it that way in his mod. The original position of Nogrod was further south, but it couldn't be reached due to the forest and I wanted to monkey with as few files as possible to avoid screwing things up. I could probably whip this up if you're really interested.

Default Re: Expanded Map Mod for Clean 2.1 -FRoME and MOS compatible versions forthcoming, New Units for Gondor compatible just added

Great job !!! How may settlements did you add in this new proposal ?

Default Re: Expanded Map Mod for Clean 2.1 -FRoME and MOS compatible versions forthcoming, New Units for Gondor compatible just added

Quote Originally Posted by MarKusDib View Post
    Great job !!! How may settlements did you add in this new proposal ?

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

"frome version please".....
    naaahhh ,kiddin ofc...
    nice s-mod mate keep it up....
    just remember in case u afterall are making a frome comp
    version that all new FRoME factions
    are coded as such
    lorien>lorien
    eredluin>ered
    dunland>dunland
    (made those from scratch....)

Meckerdrache's Avatar Libertus

Nice one. But this is too much rebel fighting for me. The Rebels in TA are boring :|

This would be nice with alreadyded´s wip-subs.

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

I confess, the only reason I did it this way is because Skeleton of the West did it that way in his mod. The original position of Nogrod was further south, but it couldn't be reached due to the forest and I wanted to monkey with as few files as possible to avoid screwing things up. I could probably whip this up if you're really interested.
    I'd trully appreciate it, its not that I'm even that big of a tolkien lore fanatic, siply gameplay wise it'd be better if those two forts were near one another and not seperated...they don't even need to be far apart or anything like that, just whatever works

Oh and btw, if you are planning on doing FROME, this would likewise be the best positioning for these settlements as well. Thanks a lot!

Dr. Freeman's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Expanded Map Mod for 2.1- FRoME Compatible Version Added

Man you do things fast, a FROME version up already. I can't rep yet but if I could I would. Amazing work again, amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Freeman View Post
    Man you do things fast, a FROME version up already. I can't rep yet but if I could I would. Amazing work again, amazing.
    Service is my specialty.

TX for de answer Ducce !!!

Just tried the frome version buddy and it doesnt work. I have frome 2.05 installed, the game returns to the main menu when I click start after choosing my faction. Thanks for the work though and i look forward to playing when i can get it working

Quote Originally Posted by Goth View Post
    Just tried the frome version buddy and it doesnt work. I have frome 2.05 installed, the game returns to the main menu when I click start after choosing my faction. Thanks for the work though and i look forward to playing when i can get it working
    Had the same problem, probably you also did forget what i did forget back then. Which is step 4 of the installation, hope that helps.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    1.) Download attached file.
    2.) Unzip file.
    3.) Copy data folder over your TATW data folder.
    4.) Delete map.rwm