Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strategy Informer Shogun 2 Review

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Strategy Informer Shogun 2 Review

Thank you, Ibram, for both posting this and reviewing the game. I always read reviews, as they are some of the only ways to get a perspective on what to expect. This was the one part of this review that stood out to me: "In terms of core gameplay though, little has changed."

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

The Total War Community, especially in recent years, has become a bit hard to please. We're confident though that this will meet most of your expectations. Given the nature of the franchise, don't expect a ton of depth on the scale that Paradox manages, but there's enough here to play around with. This is the most fully featured Total War to date, and a great homage to the game that launched the series. There's more we haven't talked about, but if we told you everything about the game then there wouldn't be any surprises left would there? If you pre-ordered Shogun 2, good for you, if you didn't, this will be well worth your money, even on launch day.
    This sums it up perfectly.

If this is wrong on release day, be sure that everyone will slam it. But for now I will take your word and there's a gut feeling telling me that I am right, and that this time S2TW won't be a debacle like ETW was.

Thank you for the review Ibram.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

I am amazed at the rudeness in this and other threads sometimes. It really drags down the community as a whole. I know it is the internetz and kiddie rage is all the fashion but come on...you can respectfully disagree to one persons opinion without dragging the whole conversation down to ad hominum attacks and base argumentation. Some people have a void to fill I guess and attacking others is their only release, but in the process it makes this community look like a bunch of whiny children.

With that said I would have liked to see the AI discussed but sa la vie.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by lacrossepl9 View Post
    I am really starting to laugh at a few people on this forum. Every thread I read there's a handful of people that just hate on everything that has to do with Shogun 2 as if there is no possible way this game could ever be good. People need to chill out and relax, stop hating on CA stop hating on Shogun 2, and especially stop hating on the reviewers. Everyone of you (you know who I'm talking to) just wants someone to say "this game is awful" and I don't know why, if you don't like CA, if you don't like Shogun 2 then get off this fansite. Better yet people have got to stop commenting about how much Shogun 2 sucks, and how much CA sucks since all of you have never even touched the game yet save for the demo. I don't get what is going on this happens before and during every TW release everyone is excited to get the game then you get a few pessimists trying to ruin everyones' excitement and you all are annoying. If you don't like Total War or CA and you believe this game is gonna blow then DON'T BUY IT
    I have no idea if this refers to me but i am really really looking forward to s2 and think it will be a fantastic game i just think this review is full of it.

Can you tell us more about the performance (framerate) of the game? pc specs and what settings you used?

Indefinitely Banned

@raven90: I'll try my best... but despite being a PC gamer I'm not that 'techy' so it's not exactly my forte. I just play games .

My own specs though are: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3ghz Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB graphics card, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit OS

I tried cranking everything up to high, or sort of high anyway, and battles got a little sluggish. Camera was slow to respond, you zoom in and the unit models had slowed down a bit... so I reduced things to a medium-level setting and things ran at normal speed.

@Basileos: Well, I imagine there will be plenty of people who disagree with me, but I'm confident that more people will be happy with this release over say Empire, or Napoleon. I've been told that most of the CTD's have already been caught, as well as other issues so you guys should have it better than I did, and even what I had was pretty good anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123