Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [Submod] Restless Natives Darkage for SV3.3

Default Re: Restless Natives Darkage Submod for SV3.3

Here's a teaser for a possible update. Sometime in the future I may make Restless Natives available for other era's:

Scottish Crossbowmen:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Luck is the residue of design ~ Milton

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Units for Scotland made for War of the West will also be available to this submod You just have to contact the mods for permission but you'll have it . I'll give you a the list later on.

Great Thanks

and the no upgrade version of the above:

These are not yet available in Restless Natives but will be available soon in War of the West

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

restless natives breaks custom battles when using khazar units.

Thanks for letting me know about this, I will check this out and see if I can find a solution. Could you upload a log.txt?

I will be uploading a separate install for Restless Natives. This will not require Chivalry II to be installed and will not interfere with the original mod.

I can confirm that there is a CTD when loading the Khazar faction campaign but my custom battle with this faction worked fine

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

The log probably has been erased by now. I uninstalled restless natives in order to play custom battles with the khazars. You need to set it to All Eras. if it is just early, I think it doesn't crash. But with early, there are few units. Also, I don't know if you will, but I hope you will remove or nerf the garrison script. Factions that start with 1 or 2 provinces have a hard time expanding because of this. Also, in 888, the Khazars controlled a very large amount of territory. they have only one province in SV 3.3. I know that your seperate mod will start in 700. this is somehwat problematic for the Khazars. The nobility converted to Judaism in 740 and the populace gradually became Jewish by a marginal majority. there could be a script that does this. But It might be easier to simply streamline them but starting them off as Jewish, even though it would be 40 years removed.
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; September 04, 2011 at 07:42 PM.

[error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    This is the error log generated when I tried to start the Khazar campaign, looks like there is a missing texture although it may be something else. I will continue to try and find out what the problem is.

Also, I don't know if you will, but I hope you will remove or nerf the garrison script. Factions that start with 1 or 2 provinces have a hard time expanding because of this.
    This was exactly the problem with Scotland in SV3.3 and much of the reason that I released this submod. In order to rectify this I added a couple of new rebel provinces to conquer and also added extensive campaign scripting which guides the AI factions towards historical patterns.

Also, in 888, the Khazars controlled a very large amount of territory. they have only one province in SV 3.3.
    I am aware of this from another discussion here on the SV forums sometime ago and I will look at this once I identify the error from above. This submod was primarily developed to increase campaign detail of north-west Europe and create a more challenging game for the small number of factions around this location. Unfortunately it would be a massive undertaking for me alone to bring much of the scripting to other campaign areas. I also would have to admit that my history knowledge of all areas of the campaign map would be insufficient for this task.

It would be great to see other provincial submods as I believe that this is the only way to satisfy such a large and varied community.

I did tested the darkage campaign as Regnum Italicum(Milan), CTD against rebels.
    I restart an early campaign with Genua(Milan) and similar battle against similar troops, and no bug at all.

Quit agreed, I would too then a map such as battle for baltic was allowed to us, just to make a small darkage/northern campaign, to put Norway, Frisen, celtic principalities.
    It would be doable after the release

sub scribe to....... meeeeeeee whats what
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

Default Re: [Submod] Restless Natives Darkage for SV3.3

would you have an another link ?
    gamefront is dead

Quote Originally Posted by merzhin View Post
    would you have an another link ?
    gamefront is dead
    I second merzhin's question, would be nice if someone could upload another link for the mod.

Any chance of re uploading the download?

me too 404

I found these file on an old drive , please re-upload to other sites so it won't disappear into the internet void. Restless Natives 1.0.exe and also Restless_Natives-quickfix_1.0
    Last edited by phylosopher stoned; January 18, 2023 at 09:31 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345