Thread: Cant Crusade with Poland

Default Cant Crusade with Poland

Hello everybody.

Im finding it difficult to figure out how to crusade with Poland. A buddy of mine told me that it is impossible. I would like to know if he's right, and if he is not, then how can i crusade with Poland?

Thanx
    Chuck Norris can make a paraplegic run for his life.

i'm sorry but it's impossible to crusade as poland in the regular game without cheats or modding.
    (i dont recomend using the cheats)
    but if u want to enter the cheat .badgerbunny. i believe but you should look it up anyway.

Crusades are overrated anyways.

But the thing is, Poland is a Catholic Faction. And they should be able to crusade.

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Man
    But the thing is, Poland is a Catholic Faction. And they should be able to crusade.
    Only the factions that historicaly launched fullscale crusades are able to crusade in M:TW. That's just the way it is, you could of cource either dl a mod or mod it yourself.

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Not a big fan of the crusade. I really dont think it is that much of an advantage...plus it chews up alot of troops.

What sucks is that i know Poland never launched crusades. Im Polish. lol I would just find it much more fun if they could. ah well. thnx guys

Yeah i stopped playing poland after i figured out they couldt use crusades
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

This is why cheat codes are a good and happy thing. They are there for a reason.

Urien's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ragss
    Crusades are overrated anyways.
    I couldn't agree more.

Same as Jihads.

They are in the game...alot of points there if you capture and hold the holy lands for christians
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

I believe Polands didn't crusade. They were quite tolerant people and had enough problems on their own

Laetus

Default Re: Cant Crusade with Poland

I believe only the French, English, Germans, Spanish , and Italians could only Crusade. I also thought that there were Crusades for Poland

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

There was a small number of Poles who did join crusades - Urban II actually addressed Poles amongst the nations present and those he appealed to join.

Anyway there were enough Pagans in Prussia (even a small order of crusaders was found to fight them) and there were Hospitallier and later Templar knights' strongholds in Poland - a number of both fought at Legnica/Leignitz in 1241 (with some Teutonic Knights too) against Mongols.

Later the whole case of Polish participation in crusades became irrelevant - Mongols were too close anyone wished them to see and the last real pagan nation was baptised peacefully according to the agreement in Krewo - the dual Polish-Lithuanian state started its quick rise to the dominant empire in this part of Europe without a need to start a real crusade.

There were hough some exceptions - the battle at Wiedrusha in 1399 where Lithuanians, Poles, Teutonic Knights with Tartar auxilia fought against the Golden Horde.

And of course there was the crusade in 1444 ending at Varna in Bulgaria where Hungarian army including a number of Polish Royal Knights, Czech mercenaries and Wallachian cavalry was defeated by larger Ottoman army.

Generally Poland was more often the target of crusades that its supporter.

Even at Tannenberg in 1410 there were still some 'guests' fooled into thinking that Poles are pagan despite 450 years of Catholic history...
    The defeat changed their mind, but also in early XVIth century some, mostly German volunteers were made to believe the Poles are some sort of 'fake' Christians - possibly because they defated 'super-catholic' Teutons...

Ehh all you need is some good propaganda - idiots will show up anyway.
    Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

i love making crusades! its fun to make a new "mini kingdom"
    i think that crusades are the only thing christianity have ever done good in the wordl!
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    i think that crusades are the only thing christianity have ever done good in the wordl!
    Explain how the crusades were good?

...and good to who? Certainly not the muslims.