Thread: One of the Greatest mod for napoleon but

Default One of the Greatest mod for napoleon but

Am i supposed to be waring against a coalition of france, austria, prussia, russia and GB in the campaign of 1812?. When playing Sweden.

I tried it first withouth the easier economic submod, and after taking norway i faced denmark with its 3 stacks, so i whent for frances regions near the baltic. Ended with me in war with all so i restarted with the easier economic submoad and thinking my presence near russia made me at war with the coalition and france, oh and france and everyone else made peace.

This next time i took over denmark, ended with france headed by napoelon camped with 3 stacks near jutland. Blocked the strait with my fleet and whent on a war of attrition with em. Well, they made peace with the coalition and then everyone whent at war with me, again. Gb sended a stack to me, the dutch fleet almost destroyed mine, but the prussian fleet finished me of and france then came over the strait.

I mean, i play at hard/hard, is it supposed to be like this? in every game around turn 60+ france makes peace with the coalition, and everyone declares war at me. I havent overexpanded, or making bad treaties.

Its so shame, cause i really love this mod and the battles, but it just seem that its unplayable and so unrealistic to play as sweden, really this france-austrai-russia-prussia-gb coaltion seems overkill to go against.

Maybe its done with the larger factions and thats why the minor ones dosent work?.

And it isent i dont mind the challenge, but this is just straight bs.

As i said, its a real shame cause this is the best mod, and after playing this i cant go back to vanillia. But i cant play on like this either.

Thx for a great mod
    What did the muslim say to the mongol?

Dont sack me

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Default Re: One of the Greatest mod for napoleon but

There are triggers that you might be tripping that will make your neighbors go to war with you. For example, if you play as Russia and place many troops on Ottoman borders they will eventually declare war with you. If you are trying to not go to war too early try giving gifts and pulling your stack away from a contentious border and you might find that you will not have war declared too early with you. I've managed to have the Ottomans stay out of a war with me on some occasions.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Engenberg View Post
    Am i supposed to be waring against a coalition of france, austria, prussia, russia and GB in the campaign of 1812?. When playing Sweden.

I tried it first withouth the easier economic submod, and after taking norway i faced denmark with its 3 stacks, so i whent for frances regions near the baltic. Ended with me in war with all so i restarted with the easier economic submoad and thinking my presence near russia made me at war with the coalition and france, oh and france and everyone else made peace.

This next time i took over denmark, ended with france headed by napoelon camped with 3 stacks near jutland. Blocked the strait with my fleet and whent on a war of attrition with em. Well, they made peace with the coalition and then everyone whent at war with me, again. Gb sended a stack to me, the dutch fleet almost destroyed mine, but the prussian fleet finished me of and france then came over the strait.

I mean, i play at hard/hard, is it supposed to be like this? in every game around turn 60+ france makes peace with the coalition, and everyone declares war at me. I havent overexpanded, or making bad treaties.

Its so shame, cause i really love this mod and the battles, but it just seem that its unplayable and so unrealistic to play as sweden, really this france-austrai-russia-prussia-gb coaltion seems overkill to go against.

Maybe its done with the larger factions and thats why the minor ones dosent work?.

And it isent i dont mind the challenge, but this is just straight bs.

As i said, its a real shame cause this is the best mod, and after playing this i cant go back to vanillia. But i cant play on like this either.

Thx for a great mod
    If you play on hard or very hard campaign difficulty you have hardcoded diplamatic penalties against you. Simply spoken the AI will gang up on you. I can't change that with moding. That's why in TROM2 the economic difficulty is not tied to the difficulty levels. If you want more reasonable diplomacy I recommend playing on normal or even on easy. You get the same economic challenge and the CAI gets the same bonuses, just the bias against the human player is much less. Also you have to be aware that all diplomatic releations deteriorate over time. So it's good idea to make gifts sometimes. In TROM2 gifts have a much higher effect then in vanilla and are really usefull.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; March 08, 2011 at 12:18 AM.

Protector's Avatar Senator

I got same experience with Prussia on H/H

After a long fighting periode with my ally Russia vs France they were backstabbing me. I gave money to Russia, I were fighting together with Russia vs France and I got long term relations by trading as well. And all of a sudden they declared war on me.
    Next turn Danmark declared war on me.
    2 turns later Austria declared war on me.
    Than Sweden and one turn later UK also declared war on me.
    So I was surronded and attacked by 6 Enemies. they blocked my port and each faction came up with 2 full stacks ...game over...

Russian campaign was better and with England on H/H its also running better so far... will see how it goes...

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Yarkis is right. I forgot about that. The AI gets into war easily with Hard and Very Hard. It's kind of a balance when selecting the AI for the game you want to play. I find normal CAI too soft. I found on normal no body wars with you if you leave them alone and you can easily develop your game with no challenge. On Hard CAI the diplomacy is harder. If you don't continue to help your allies and don't appease your enemies you will get into wars. The only thing is the fact that many times on Hard CAI one faction going to war with you will snowball their allies to war with you if you have a low relationship with them.

I only with that the game was more dynamic in the way war is declared. There is no reason rhyme or warning. They just declare when your relations get too low. It would be nice to have some situation happen that would make a AI faction declaring war on you more reasonable. For example, instead of just declaring war, the more your relationship went down with a faction it would be nice to have a higher chance of some random event that would happen which would be announced via a pop up window which would show some event that caused the war to be declared. It would be only completely game immersion; but would be a better role playing element.

Cheers!

Protector's Avatar Senator

Its a great mod no doubt, I also have added Diggys artillery sound mod ... superb sound for battles. I am very much pleased all in all.

l just wish laaargeeeer deployment zones.
    Last edited by Protector; March 10, 2011 at 01:53 PM.

A little Status report.

Tried it once again as sweden on camping Hard, gifted money when it was possible. This time, russia started a war with me, and the alliance then steamrolled in. Happend a bit later, around turn 70 something.

On Normal as sweden it worked better, maybe a bit soft in the start, but they def will declare a war on you. I managed to get the britts not to do it by granting unlimited military accses, settelments etc. .

I guess it be better if i play as france, since im already at war with everyone then.

Dont sack me

Quote Originally Posted by Engenberg View Post
    A little Status report.

Tried it once again as sweden on camping Hard, gifted money when it was possible. This time, russia started a war with me, and the alliance then steamrolled in. Happend a bit later, around turn 70 something.

On Normal as sweden it worked better, maybe a bit soft in the start, but they def will declare a war on you. I managed to get the britts not to do it by granting unlimited military accses, settelments etc. .

I guess it be better if i play as france, since im already at war with everyone then.
    Which campaign are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Which campaign are you playing?
    Oh right, i only play the campaing of 1812 on this mod.

I "figured" it out a little better in my current campaing, yet again as sweden. Im having a bit of my portion of income going to gifts and such, as much as i can spare, to prussia/gb. Havent played till the end cause of shogun 2, but im currently in turn 91, at war with russia, france and some smaller states.

Russia declared war on me 6 turns ago, and prussia and gb havent followed suit. The trick is to spare the extra units/buildings and take that cash and give regular gifts and follow your reputation each turn. Though i wonder if they will follow suit if play for 10 more turns, cause that is the pattern ive seen.

And its on normal.

Its still sad though at the behaviour of the ai. Im determined to finish a sweden campaing, but in my 4 abandonded campaings i get zerged the hell out. Another pattern ive seen is napoelon camping with 2 stacks in jutland, and every time my navy blocking the strait gets zerged by 2-3 stacks of inc ships and then its over.

Gonna pick it up now and play for some 20 more turns and see how it goes this time.

Once again, nice done yarkis.

Dont sack me

Can anything be done about the nonsensical alliance breaking? (Austria very friendly one week; extreme hatred and war the next). Playing on hard as Russia. Very hard is just too much in my instance. I instigated no aggression whatsoever, except saboteuring the Turks, since the Russia economy and military early on is crap. All major powers by summer 1805 declare war on me, except for Britain, meanwhile between the central powers, Spain, and the Turks maintain peace.

It is unrealistic and becomes to difficult at this point.

Playing the main story as Napoleon was enjoyable though.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Empiresking View Post
    Can anything be done about the nonsensical alliance breaking? (Austria very friendly one week; extreme hatred and war the next). It is unrealistic and becomes to difficult at this point.
    Try playing on NORMAL setting for the campaign game. CA has hard coded the game to attack the human player on hard & very hard settings as the campaign progresses. Also pay close attention to your diplomacy relations with the other major factions as your relations tend to deteriorate with your increasing victories and region conquests.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 25, 2017 at 08:10 AM.

Hi !
    Is there any way to get the download files back ? Links are dead
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    Hi !
    Is there any way to get the download files back ? Links are dead
    Thanks !
    I had to drive 120 miles to fetch the old computer I made my Napoleon Total War videos with the TROM II mods to get these old files. On the first page are all the packs I used in my video and the user.script that was carefully ordered to get TROM 2 running again. Just slot these packs into your data file and use the user.script provided and you should be in business. I've also included the original TROM2 v2.41 and TROM2_v2.41_HOTFIX download folders with the optional sub-mods, however some assembly is required.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/num8vxtyz...p29gO-_xa?dl=0

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

Is the mod still working, or supported? I have the files but the user script doesn't work with the Steam version does it? Or the old Mod Manager that's supplied with the d/l?

What are the install instructions with Steam please?

Thanks.