Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Imperator - Rome Mod v1.0

=E.T='s Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    Yes. Initially I believe that most barbarian factions prefers to fight battles in winter (game AI , not sure historically correct or not). Those features are actually come from 4TPY mod by Marcus Camillus. Me myself haven't been able to fight Germania yet in my newest campaign so I cannot actually comments on the actual outcome from these advantage to the barbarians.

Most of the times anyway AI factions seems to prefer battles lead by captains only

Merged double post. - Trajan

You tested playing other factions ET ?
    no yet but ,... I do in to the next days
    AVE!
    ................................................................. =E.T=

This mod is GREAT! I would like to play it again. But...
    There is a quite disturbing !BUG!. every time i load a savegame and run the script i got guess who? on my shore with full stock army! and you should also remove "and recurce timber" from the war_port and naval_base

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Yes, I realize the bug which happened after 275BC... It might happened because of the automated script at the beginning. What I did now was everytime I load a game, it spawns again then I hit ESC and reload again. Takes time but running the script afterwards will present no problem.

Regarding the timber resource, well personally I don't like too many ships all over the map (sea) and that is why I restricted the naval ships construction. In my opinion also, eventhough historically naval battles and piracy are important in the time line, but unfortunately the RTW (and RTR) game didn't quite potray naval battles or function successively. For me Rome - Total War and previous installment like MTW are design for ground war.

That is why I limit the naval vessel construction.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 06:47 AM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Bug Report :

Okay. I have found some minor but annoying bug. Thi bug will happen everytime you reload a save game after the year 275BC. It happen because of a little modification I did to the script I believe. Every time I restart the game and load the save game, the Phyrus army keep respawning after activating the 4TPY script. It is suppose to be happening only once in summer of 275BC.

I will release a patch regarding this in a short time which will correct this issue with some more typo error. Actually you can keep on playing and defeat this army again and again.

Anyway, my advice for a quick (though annoying) remedy is right after the advisor panel dissapear, hit ESC and reload the game again. After activating the 4TPY script again the ghost army didn't appear anymore.

However, by the last time I save the game, Greek Cities has been eliminated. I will load the game once again and see if spawned army from an eliminated faction will come or it will cause CTD. This is a chance to me to answer my own question from another thread.

Will give a further report on this situation. For anyone who has played the mod and found any bugs feels free to report here or pm me.

Cheers.. and I hope you all enjoy the mod, despite the small setbacks..

Update :

I just finished editing and some minor testing. Possibly in 24 hours I will upload the patch. Just a small minor patch more wth addressing the 'spawn' bug and plus some other typos and descriptions.

It's almost 6 a.m now (8+GMT) and I need to go to bed...

p/s: it seems the problem lies with my editted scripting after all...
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Update :

Thanks. this mod is my favorite by now. good work.

Regarding the 'spawn bug' upon reloading I believe I have solve it, with many thanks to Snake_IV & =E.T= for showing me the way. It still need further tests and I'm starting anew campaign to see how it effects and also doing some minor changes will will be included in the patch v1.1. No major changes anyway, and all will be save game compatible.

The patch consists of changes in the script_4tpy_dates file , some description and typo error in export_units & export_buildings files , delete entries in export_desc_building that makes mines be able to give gold weapons & armour bonus (doesn't seems quite right to me :sweatingb ).

It should be ready later this evening (about 1800hrs +8 GMT). Anyway if anyone found some other bugs that would like to report, please forward it so I can corect it and includes in the patch.

Thanks for all you support and I hope you all will enjoy it.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 06:44 AM.

Patch v1.1 is released and downloadable at filefront. Please see first post for download link.

Anyway, since I am testing it as I play, there might be some other bugs might appear. There's one issue which I'm not sure it's a bug or not, is that I install the patch on my own campaign which has reached the year 240 BC and I added in the patch another spawn army led by Hamilcar Barca to appear in Sicily (to represent the 1st Punic War) somewhere earlier (around 246 BC ?). The Carthaginian army spawned at the exact location... eventhough it has passed the date.

However, another 'spawn' to represent the Gallic incursion and the Celtic War didn't appear yet as it has not passed the said date.

The good news is Phyrrus is no more a nuisiance upon reloading a save game.

Cheers....

Another note which I forgot to add in the read me is that instead of just inform about season and year, the pop up victoria advisor also advice certain events happening, like spies report of senate decision.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 06:43 AM.

=E.T='s Avatar Civis

Great new!

downloading....

AVE!
    ................................................................. =E.T=

I have encountered a few bugs (stil some spawn army things) later in the game. I will release another patch pluw a few tweaks this weekends. For those who are having their campaign don't worry, as this bugs happened quite late in the game. This patch also is save game compatible (small patch only)....

Cheers...

p/s: I'm past my 220 BC now , and Rome has got Imperial Palace, so I'm waiting for the reform to happen. Will post the legions screenies later (maybe next week)

With this mod installed Rome is the only playable faction?

Thx.................Looks great,Nice work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jab5450
    With this mod installed Rome is the only playable faction?

Thx.................Looks great,Nice work!!!
    Yes. The first option is only to play Romans. Other factions will only be playable 'after' finishing the roman campaign, sort of like 'unlocked'. Anyway it wont be much different playing other campaign than pure RTR 6.0 gold. Except maybe longer build time, AOR units 0 turn recruitment. Just for fun I Tested playing Carthage to see how Roman AI works in my mod.. It seems that Rome were destroyed within 10 years by the Greeks..

The reason is I only make for Romans is it's easier to 'balance' one faction than all due to generally accepted weak AI in the game.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 16, 2006 at 05:08 AM.

I have released patch v1.2 for Imperator - Rome Mod. Please see first post for download link.

Default More Screenies

First I thought I wanter to do an AAR type, but since I'm a bad writed I think I just post some scree shots here.. Enjoy..
    It's in my mid-campaign and I'm waiting for the reform to happen.

First Illyrian War

The Macedonian War

Battle Formation

Battle Outcome

Default Final Edition is Out !!!

I have released the Imperator - Final Edition. Please see the first post for download link.

Default Update on current project

Imperator - Rome Mod version 2.0

Ave !!

Here are some insights of what will be in version 2.0.

1. Epirus faction will replace Baktria, so Rome in the beginning will have the face an alliance of Greeks & Epirus.
    2. Will use 4TPY 1.9 edition onwards.
    3. Units will be divided into offence & defence types (under testing)
    4. More balance AOR legions and more closer to historical legions.
    5. Smaller mini-mods (provincial campaign) which attend to specific time periods like Punic War, Illyrian war etc (any modders who already have these specific mini-mods entertaining certain era can contribute )
    7. New intro video (probably)
    8. First legionary cohort will be AOR specific like normal legionary.
    9. 2 reform , Camillan (modded-scripted) and marian reform (hardcoded).

These are the basic things that I think will feature in the next version of Imperator. As of now it is still be base on RTR 6.0 Gold, but who knows if 7.0 comes sooner then maybe it will be base on RTR 7.0 (which is more better than the current one I trust)

As of now, there is no estimated time on actual release date because it depends on many other factors. Anyway we would prefer to finish the current campaign for 1.0 first before starting a new campaign for 2.0, that is if you're not bored with playing Romans again and again (like me)

For the time being, when tired of campaigning, feel free to read an AAR for this mod, written by Marcus Cornelius Mercellus here and maybe join the interactive style challenges.

Until that time.

Default Install Frustration helpme Angry Tituspullo!!

I spent two hours trying to install your much hailed mod....only to fail repeatly
    I extract into my RTRGOLD directory ...but all it does add them to it???
    If you have a moment to help me out that would be
    All mods I have used have been .exe format so I lack the savy of much more experienced mod users.
    I have read such great response to your mod I have resurrected RTR just to play it.
    Awaiting a replay til then :sweatingb
    Ps would you do vers2.0 in .exe format?

Eudorus's Avatar Tiro

I and most other people don't have any problems putting in mods, But it would be a good idea to put it in to a .exe for noobs (and slack people)
    AnyWho Keep up the great work guys.

Believe it or not, I'm such a noob also when coming into this thing. I don't know how to make an .exe file (or installer). I have downloaded some suppose to be user-friendly but to no avail...

But I'm learning, and for 2.0 I will 99.9% will do the .exe file...

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS
    I spent two hours trying to install your much hailed mod....only to fail repeatly
    I extract into my RTRGOLD directory ...but all it does add them to it???
    If you have a moment to help me out that would be
    All mods I have used have been .exe format so I lack the savy of much more experienced mod users.
    I have read such great response to your mod I have resurrected RTR just to play it.
    Awaiting a replay til then :sweatingb
    Okay, once you download it , say on the desktop , follow these step.

1. Right click on the zip (or rar) file which you download

2. Left-click on the "Extract files..."

3. On the "Destination path" point to the folder you want to install the game (unmodded RTR 6.0 Gold)

4. Click ok

5. Click "Yes To All' if message pop up asking whether to overwrite any files.

6. Start the game and play the Roman Campaign

Note: for no 3, if still not clear , is to 'browse' my computer, go to C (or any other driver that has the game installed), click on Activision , the click on the Rome - Total War (or Rome - Total Realism or any thing you renamed). Then continue with step 4.

Note: Do Not click the data folder

The default path that you will see when you do step 3. is :

C:\ProgramFiles\Activision\Rome - Total War

This is the basis of installing all of 'zip' files mod.

Default Install advice.

AngrytitusPullo
    Thanks for the advice on the install your patience is appreciated will give it a go till I get it right.
    Whats your thoughts on the Imperator+Metropolis Mod is it more of a challenge and does it have all the features of Imperator Final version?
    Your release of ver 2.0 in .exe sounds great and I know it will allow easy access to many newbies like myself who hang in the shadows of TWC looking for easy mod installs while playing catch up in learning the basic install techniques
    Thanks again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast