Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview: Minas Morgul, Edoras, Rivendell, Hobbiton, Rammas Echor and Caras Galadhon

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Preview: Minas Morgul

Wow... amazing!

OOOOOOOOHHHHH breathtaking ... I'm speachless ...
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    A bit much complaining for one post...

Firstly as you might recognized rams don´t take fire that fast in TATW, and if all your rams do so, then you simply need catapults or trebuchets.
    Initially I planned huts, but abandoned it due to pragmatical (performance, space) and aesthetical reasons.
    There is more than enough room to deploy a full stack orc-army, especially when the walls will be accessible.
    For your concern where the orcs "live and sleep", they do so in the walls, those are big and thick enough for a whole binge. Heck, imagine they even have ways inside the walls leading into dungeons...
    I don't recall complaining at all, I only asked questions. Why would I complain about YOUR work? I am not paying you. It is yours, do how you like. I just think it looks small, but I wanted to ask as it could just be the pics or me. It does look very fun to play, but seems way to easy to defend as the player. Not really a problem though as no one probably plays as Mordor, I never have.
    Last edited by alreadyded; March 07, 2011 at 07:44 PM.

Libertus

Can you put troops on the walls and will the gate open in or out

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

he already told that the first gate is always open. the second you can close and open cause its a normal gate. and yes you can put troops on the wall.

Just wondering if the steep stair was in it or not? Also although it doesn't really matter as it's your choice and no one seems to have a problem with it, but does anyone know if in the movies the bridge was over a crevice or river? For some reason I remember crevice. I do remember that a few points were made about the "foul waters from the morgul vale" or whatever in the books

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonn View Post
    Wow Minas Morgul looks cool. You really did an amassing job there Mate
    I can't wait to storm its walls, and reclaim it for Gondor!
    Real original name there

It was a silent but steaming river from which deadly cold vapour rose (with shadowy meads with pale white horrible flowers at the banks).

Very, VERY nice.
    It looks easy to defend, but the fact is you know that it IS easy to defend as Mordor. In fact, it is almost unconquerable (as Minas Tirith is, btw, even without the Witch-King and its magic).
    Excellent, superb work, thank you.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

how will we siege this when the walls are too high and there is water all around except the bridge? I suppose it will be the only way? I like it

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This is breathtaking. It also looks inpregnable.

zorro59's Avatar Miles

Hmm are the walls destructible?
    I mean you can see the damage level?

Toshiro_Umezawa's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Everto View Post
    THIS IS AS AWESOME AS...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

+rep
    I have to quote !!! Epic win!!!
    Hyozan's founder

"Vengeance, Justice...Fire and Blood!"

Thanks for great work,this is wonderful and realistic.

I remember KK saying that those who model buildings for osgiliath should do both, an undestroyed and a destroyed version of their building, so that there will be two versions of the city, so that there's in the end the chance for the player to restore the ancient capital.

My questions: 1.Are there plans about the Gondorian Minas Ithil?
    2. Is there the possbility to convert one custom settlement to another?

awesome!! Please leave it like this! don't add artificial open spaces for battles as Minas Morgul should be close to impossible to take! Leave the bottlenecks as it is!

I like it!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... and trolls should not be able to climb on walls!

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

This and Minas Tirith are (judged from the pics) the best looking and my favourite custom settlements so far

EDIT: After the second settlement thread, the elven generic one belongs to my favourite as well
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; March 08, 2011 at 04:33 PM.

mayotte's Avatar Civis

AWESOME !!!!

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Well done. Well done indeed. (You should make entrances inside to 'underground tunnels' so that we can tell it's populated! )

Any plans on doing a 'good' version of Minas Ithil, or is it 'too polluted'?

In either case, I am in awe. As a player who has played as Mordor, Minas Morgul is Gondor's #1 target - this will be a heavily fought over map. (No more sallying forth in order to use the ridiculously steep cliffs of the Morgul Vale! Yay!)

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

The model look great, but my criticism is the lighting (or the way the textures look in the lighting.) The fortress and the surrounding ground all look washed out and lacking any saturation of color (or contrast, darks). Its robbing what is otherwise an awesome looking battlemap.

Looking at KK's Black Gate, he seems to have found the magic formula for giving Mordor its dirty and dark sky but making the ground environment look natural with the sky above. KK's Black Gate looks believable. This one isn't exactly there yet, and its all owing to the washed out look of the fortress and surrounding ground.

Just my 2 cents.

Otherwise,

Quote Originally Posted by Ren the Unclean View Post
    The model look great, but my criticism is the lighting (or the way the textures look in the lighting.) The fortress and the surrounding ground all look washed out and lacking any saturation of color (or contrast, darks). Its robbing what is otherwise an awesome looking battlemap.

Looking at KK's Black Gate, he seems to have found the magic formula for giving Mordor its dirty and dark sky but making the ground environment look natural with the sky above. KK's Black Gate looks believable. This one isn't exactly there yet, and its all owing to the washed out look of the fortress and surrounding ground.

Just my 2 cents.

Otherwise,
    So you would prefer like fluroscently green walls? Just don't really get what you mean