Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - MAP & GAMEPLAY PREVIEW

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - MAP & GAMEPLAY PREVIEW

What the..? This is awesome guys! Amazing city models and amazing maps.. Continue your great work.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

Some pretty cool features you guys have here. The different paths family members can take, even picking their religion is fantastic.
    Also loving the cities and castles, brilliant stuff!
    Caledonian Campaign submod for RS2.5 CLICK HERE!

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Stunning!

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Holy crap! Tikk takk yo go! When I see a mod which goes into "House of..." and fiefs and religion, my instinctual senses begins to go hell wire on their own accord. Mind orgasms then follows this storm of love and hate that the mod is not warm on the shelfs jet... Deam. This mod is something of it's self and will definitely be kept under close observation until it's release date! ;-)

Every modder who worked on this mod should line up nicly under my post so I can shout you all with a load of rep all over your faces... (he he, oh that sounds horrible I must admit)

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

mayotte's Avatar Civis

Awesome work especially constantinople !!!!!!!

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it up, guys, I luv this mod, hope you'll release the beta soon
    [Col] RO Citizen

This looks really great! I especialy like map texture and strat map icons. Also I love the map scale - you can really feel the uniqueness of certain areas. A big bravo for that great job!

But I have also a few complains:
    - coastline still got some triangular bugs
    - I can't see any trade goods
    - why haven't you showed us some other part of the map, like the steppe or Moldova or Hungary or Minor Asia? I'm interested (and I bet plenty other guys too) in those areas no less then in Balkan part you showed us
    - I miss a map drawing that would present all settlements

Anyway with this preview Tsardoms looks very promising and I will obligatory play it when it is released

sven18's Avatar Civis

Amazing...autors are the best..hey what a about Moldova ,Valahia,...these countryes are in the plan to be also made like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    This looks really great! I especialy like map texture and strat map icons. Also I love the map scale - you can really feel the uniqueness of certain areas. A big bravo for that great job!

But I have also a few complains:
    - coastline still got some triangular bugs
    - I can't see any trade goods
    - why haven't you showed us some other part of the map, like the steppe or Moldova or Hungary or Minor Asia? I'm interested (and I bet plenty other guys too) in those areas no less then in Balkan part you showed us
    - I miss a map drawing that would present all settlements

Anyway with this preview Tsardoms looks very promising and I will obligatory play it when it is released
    About trade goods:

Only iron, gold, stone and similar resources will be available on our map. And these resources wont be used (only) for the construction of mines, but also for faster construction of buildings, units, etc. The rest will be used for churches, mosques, villages, etc.

Other parts of the map are not ready yet. Every section of our map requires a huge amount of work: new map textures, new models (not only settlement models, but villages, religious buildings, etc), and a lot of other work (rivers, mountains, roads, ports).

All settlements? You will see all settlements once we finish the map, and balance the things a little bit.

Coastline is getting better and better every time I open photoshop. Perfection requires patience.
    Last edited by il_duce_!; March 06, 2011 at 05:17 AM.

TTW GRANDMASTER

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

What can I say. Everything I expected and more. The map is lush and realistic, intricate and ingenious. The generals are brilliantly made, with dazzling equipment and an impressive sense of culture in their outfits. The city models are gorgeous, sprawling and majestic. Constantinople: I cried. I've never seen such a feat of city modelling and attention to detail, passion for the subject that is realized in the sheer amount of blood, sweat and tears that produces such a jaw-dropping final model, in any TW mod I've seen. Indeed, it stands in the top 5 models I've seen in any mod or indie game (and believe me I go through a lot). Outstanding job all. I can't thank you Pheonix and Duce, enough for making such an amazing piece of work.

You know this project has always had my support and enthusiasm. Now that the very raw awesomeness of what this team produces has been made tangible however, I am all the more excited and enthusiastic! I wish you guys the best of luck and all my spiritual support and if you ever think that I can be of any assistance, no matter how trivial, in aiding you guys in this epic job let me know. For Tsardoms!
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Blackhawk!'s Avatar Civis

Wow!! Huge preview...good luck mates! :-)

DOMINION OF THE SWORD - researcher
    THE LAST KINGDOM - beta tester
    "Neprzatel se nelekayte, na mnozstwie nehleďte"

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Fantastično! Jedva Čekam da završite! Amazing!

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Fantastic preview !
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Excellent stuff! BRAVO!!!

eatme's Avatar Senator

Awesome scripting and GP concepts there guys +rep! /applause
    Last edited by eatme; March 06, 2011 at 06:05 AM.

Hereje's Avatar Artifex

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

how will you guys change banners for the byzantines in game?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Благодаря за невероятната работа по този мод

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_emperor View Post
    how will you guys change banners for the byzantines in game?
    The game will change the flags once you decide to unify and restore the Empire.

I think you missed a section and/or some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by xxttxx View Post
    Благодаря за невероятната работа по този мод
    You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    RELLLLEASSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also whats the whole minny map look like?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here you go.
    Last edited by il_duce_!; March 06, 2011 at 07:08 AM.

TTW GRANDMASTER

Amazing... +rep for phoenix and duce