Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixed AI Custom Battle - 100% Unscripted

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Fixed AI Custom Battle - 100% Unscripted

I have no time to playtest at this time.

Sounds quite good what i cross-read about the AI behaviour.

I would like to hear though, if the AI has still the tendency to suicide with their general ?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Fixed AI Custom Battle - 100% Unscripted
    Fourth, Play on a Hard Setting. Remeber that Hard/Very Hard are the ones designed to be Hard. That's what we are after here, a hard AI. Normal and Easy probably won't pose a challenge. If your playing on Normal or god forbid you play on Easy, you have no right to critisize the AI.
    Sorry to be a little off-topic but I assume you know some things about the new AI.
    Back in Medieval 2 from what I know there was just one AI that is either handicapped or cheating depending on the difficulty you set.

Is this the case for Shogun 2?
    Because that really wouldnt make the AI any better on a higher difficulty^^

Whoever would want to increase difficulty however should try playing without pause.

Played on hard difficulty, and won a costly victory with 1494 losses to 1866 kills.

The weakness of the AI is cavalry. In my battle, the infantry lines clashed as they will have done in many of your battles, but before this occurred, the enemy cavalry hit both my flanks. This was a pretty annoying attack for me; they managed to hit the sides of an ashigaru and archer unit, causing quite a few kills before they were (inevitably, being without support) routed.
    Meanwhile, I had my cavalry waiting a fair way back from the battle. When the melee started, I had them walk forward. One unit charged the enemy's exposed archers, and the two others crashed into the spot in the melee where the enemy had concentrated most of its troop and was just about to break my line (my left flank). They'd also committed their general to this apparently easy fight, and he died quickly as my cavalry charged home, meaning it was perhaps half a minute at most before the battle was decisively finished.

Thus it seems that the AI doesn't use cavalry effectively; it can pick good spots to attack, but doesn't do so at the right time, to deliver a decisive blow.
    Furthermore, the AI cannot deal with cavalry attacks; once it's committed all its troops to melee, there's no defence against cavalry from the rear, leaving units' flanks and the archers completely exposed. It might be because my cavalry were too far away for the AI to "notice" them.

Another point: I didn't spot any flanking manouvres. For now, I'll assume the AI figured it could simply crash headlong through my lines (which indeed it could).

Thanks to the enemy general's early death (this really seems to be an issue), my victory was way way more decisive than I thought it would be. I played some more and it's pretty challenging and usually I get quite even battles, some screens:
    (I changed the factions and weather to make it more to my liking)

http://img39.imageshack.us/g/shogun2...119282408.png/

And great job as always.

Ok, so i managed to get the battle working but i still have the allys in there... how do i get rid of them?

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by pointwolf View Post
    Birk game frooze. Can't start the battle.
    Fixed! Now it should be equal ranks and you won't freeze.
    Last edited by Birk; March 01, 2011 at 01:26 PM.

pointwolf's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Birk View Post
    Which one?
    The last one with the equal rangs.

edit: Thnx mate. Im exited for upcomming stuff. make a warrior monk unit naginata with monk head
    Last edited by pointwolf; March 01, 2011 at 01:28 PM.

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by oneah View Post
    Ok, so i managed to get the battle working but i still have the allys in there... how do i get rid of them?
    What do you mean? If you have allies there, then you probably have 2 mods in your data folder which means your game will run the normal historical battle without any modifications.

Playing on VH, My first run i got mauled, second try i got lucky and killed there General with my cav and took the win, but with very heavy losses.

I have never been this close to a defeat in the demo. The AI even faked an attack on my cavalery and instead attacked my archers. Quite impressive amazing job mitch and hedge knight

Dragooon's Avatar Centenarius

Is this a absolutely plain map or is it the historical battle? Also can you do the same for the siege one?

I'm downloading the demo again right now so can't wait to try this!

Hey Mitch, awesome mod, but I found one problem I was hoping you could help me out with. After I killed all of his units, another one seemed to appear out of nowhere (unless I just missed it earlier on) but this unit was spawned on a little hill sort of thing in the north-east, and I was unable to get up the hill none of my units could get up it, the cursor just changed into a red cross when I hoverd it over the hill.

and also to Dragooon, I believe this to be the historical game map without the rivers

p.s. I have screenshots of the unit on the hill if you need to see for what ever reason.
    Last edited by Greavesy; March 01, 2011 at 02:02 PM.

it's a absolutely plain map

Dragooon's Avatar Centenarius

Oh another thing, are the odds equal in the battle? As in do both, the player and the AI, got same army?

Well not really, it still has trees etc :L

Civis

I lost my general but still won on VH. I was very surprised when the cavalry flanked my archers and yari ashigaru

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

My battle wasn't quite like all of yours, costly victories or close defeats.
    But what the A.I did do in my battle was awsome: After it realized my battle line was too strong, and the fact that I was about to launch a flank attack with my cav, the A.I retreated saving all of it's army but about 500 unfortunate soldiers (including their general) for another battle.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

WTH ! lol

Thats wierd Crossjon, or epic! I can't decide lol

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    WTH ! lol

Thats wierd Crossjon, or epic! I can't decide lol
    I'd go with the epic, becasue they retreated after seeing that they couldn't win.

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

My battle took place at night, is this a technical difficulty?

I think the battle itself works better with Hideyaki as a seperate entity rather than not there at all, but other than that this mod is bloody marvellous.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast