Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROME VICI TOTAL WAR 0.88 !!!!!JUST RELEASED!!!!

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: ROME VICE TOTAL WAR 0.88 !!!!!JUST RELEASED!!!!

Thankyou for your comment, nearly all the ship models are done now thanks to some brilliant work from our team, I will release some pics soon currently working creating unique cities such as athens at the moment with an acropolis, were not only putting normal effort to the standard part of nodding and the sea battles, but with the next version it will include brand new city layouts and buildings, tremendous research is going into this to give another new feel to the game so that seems it has a face lift in this area as a mod still has not majorly developed this area in a release yet, well as so far as we know, so we want to try to put our name to this milestone as well, will give release pics of that for all of you
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

jmilan77

I downloaded your 0.88 Roma Vice mod for mac, read all the instructions, and tried to play a game but it crashed before it started. This has happened several times now and i was wondering what i should do

Has the windows version of this mod been released yet?

Logik's Avatar Campidoctor

This mod sounds great.Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work.

Quick question when you mean ship battles is it going to be similar to ETW?

Thanks and keep up the great work.
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

Ok, first off windows version will be released tonight if all goes to plan.

In what ways do you mean similar to empire tw

I will look into mac problem for you. When it crashes does it get to splash screen. When abouts does it crash as that can tell us a lot

[QUOTE=jmilan77
    In what ways do you mean similar to empire tw

I mean like the way ship combat is in ETW like you actually can see your fleet control it see the men on the ships the ability to board a ship etc,etc.

That is what i like alot from ETW the Naval Combat.You can't do that in RTW other than click on some boat model that represents your fleet and click on the bad guy and hope you win..That's what i am asking.Thanks Oh and Rep+ by the way for all your hard work.
    Last edited by Logik; July 02, 2011 at 04:18 AM.
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

Most of the time it gets to the splash screen and loads all the way then stops and quits.

Edit: I heard you say earlier that downloading 0.87 could help is that still true?
    Last edited by Romulus11; July 02, 2011 at 10:19 AM.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Logik View Post
    I mean like the way ship combat is in ETW like you actually can see your fleet control it see the men on the ships the ability to board a ship etc,etc.

That is what i like alot from ETW the Naval Combat.You can't do that in RTW other than click on some boat model that represents your fleet and click on the bad guy and hope you win..That's what i am asking.Thanks Oh and Rep+ by the way for all your hard work.

From the looks of the 3D model he posted earlier, I'd say it's a fair bet it will be closer to ETW/S2TW (minus the cannons) than the old auto-resolve. There was also a mention in regards to the animators. It was on a few pages back, but it is always nice to clarify.

Thanks for the rep mate

Yes as James said it will be on the battlemap in glorious 3d. You will have control of each ship. The way the ship has to attack is that it has to either ram the ship or the archers, ballistas or onagers on the ship can shot other ships to destroy them as well.

An example of the onager and soldiers on board, he is a pic from our animation department, the soldiers shown there are actually going to be archers

As regards on the animation front, sails will tighten and move in wind, the oars shall move and many more but we got to keep some for surprise unfortunately looking into the game engine it has been found out that you will not be able to board other ships. However looking into med2, on this engine will be able to so good news for those who will want a pop at doing it on med2

I shall post u some pics of some of the new ships. Any questions feel to ask, also feel free to ask about the new settlements as well.

As regards to the mac problem I'm looking into it for you. While I'm doing that try reinstalling it as the mac version of rtw is very temperamental best of luck

Jmilan77

I tried downloading it again everything went well (the splash screen, recruitment) then it loaded all the way and after about 10 sec it crashed. i'll try again and tell you if it works. i was wondering if there was a log file i can check with more info. thanks anyways
    Last edited by Romulus11; July 02, 2011 at 12:15 PM.

Um if you were trying custom battles, we do not support them on mac as they are very tempremwntal and vary from each machine, so if your having trouble only use the campaign

I've tried that too and it still crashes after about 5 mins but I'll try again. A quick question is there going to be an update that will fix the mac version? Thanks for your help and posting a mac compatible mod.
    Last edited by Romulus11; July 02, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

That's alright, although still doing this is providing heck load of problems, yeas once worked out problem is I will provide patch but I myself have tried installing on 6 different macs of which worked fine, I am though working on an installer for all of you as well for the mac. If you could send me a pm telling meexactly what happens going thorugh the process and also tell me please exactly how you installed it, that would be great mate as I could something I do kind of force hacking to work but I don't like doing that as it's a lengthy process

Jmilan77

[QUOTE=jmilan77;9857137]Thanks for the rep mate

Yes as James said it will be on the battlemap in glorious 3d. You will have control of each ship. The way the ship has to attack is that it has to either ram the ship or the archers, ballistas or onagers on the ship can shot other ships to destroy them as well.

An example of the onager and soldiers on board, he is a pic from our animation department, the soldiers shown there are actually going to be archers

Sweet that will be game changing indeed.That is what i feel MTW 2 and RTW was missing real naval battles.This mod deserves alot more attention than it is getting.

This is a revolutionary step in RTW gameplay.Nobody has done this before.Great job good sir.I already subscribed to this thread so i'll keep watching closely.

Based on what i seen so far it will be worth the wait for you to add the naval battles.

Oh and the units look fantastic by the way.Keep up the great work.Cheers

I loved all of the older versions of this mod. The anticipation for the windows version is killing me!

Thanks for all the kind comments, there much appreciated, sorry about the windows version, the guy making the installer, of the day when he got the file, his computer fried infortunaly, so I'm uploading a version without an installer but with instructions tonight hopefully hope you all enjoy the mod when it is released

Jmilan77

jmilan77 thank you for all your help and time because i finally got the game to work. It is awesome thanks so much:

Oh just replied to your message, didnt check the thread though, just disregard my message enjoy the game

i just did the same thing lol

Please tell me if you find any faults enjoy