Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Settlements Repository

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Custom Settlements Repository

I think, after several hours testing in campaign that "natural" is a valid, previously unused ambient settlement type ;-) I tested it by setting up some color coded estates, using a unique texture with uniquely named versions of the same world model. A few more tests will definitely confirm, mainly checking that no duplicate pkg files exist (I am almost positive they don't).
    From the kingdoms.exe:
    monastery_small.monastery_medium....monastery_large.country_estate_small....country_estate_medium...country_estate_large....hamlet_small....hamlet_medium...hamlet_large....mill_stone..mill_wooden.farm_small..farm_medium.farm_large..farm_huge.coastal.hilly..ruins...monument....natural

Viewing and editing MTW2 textures with MWthumb and DXTbmp

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by wolfslayer View Post

The tents are indestructable with collision (they block projectiles) ;-)
    Is it possible that this camp will apear as "sige" camp everytime a player makes an asault after a turn od siege?
    It would be a great addition.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

I'm thinking the ne_medium_encampmentwould make a good PSF "fort" for the steppes ?
    (We also need some some proper eastern european designs for forts.)

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Is it possible that this camp will apear as "sige" camp everytime a player makes an asault after a turn od siege?
    It would be a great addition.
    Hi Anthonius long time no see ;-)

These ambient settlements spawn randomly, but they do seem to like flat areas around settlements, so they appear often in sieges, but I've had 3 or 4 of these appear on open battlemaps.

It's also a shame they don't randomly rotate, like you can in battle editor.

CA didn't use two types in vanilla and kingdoms, natural and ruins. Natural will spawn anywhere, independent of culture, and in the battle editor and custom battles!

I'm not sure how ruins works, I was hoping it related to devastation tiles, but seems more like a monument ambient. All other types load based on the economic, cultural and religious levels of a region.

Units and vegetation take precedence over ambient scenery: Sometimes you will see them load in system log, but if there is not enough memory for everything they will dump out of memory before the battlemap loads and they will not appear on the map.

@Roz..it would make a decent perm fort placed in desc_strat, since perm forts can have different fortification levels (buildable forts MUST be all the same level specified in campaign_db.xml, unless it has no walls or a pallisade, then the AI just abandons the towers and ladders it builds and only uses ram) but it also is quite small. I hope to upload these soon, they still need a few mods to the pathfinding tga.

Updated #11 with se_fort_g fix Roz mentioned..check readme for install

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Ok, added the file to repository, thanks for uploading it.

I hope I can go back to world files editing soon.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

why dont you guys just make simple settlements? why does it need to be a huge city? i say just clear the city and its roads and put a simple plain surrounded by a couple of walls, heck you can even get aspirations from the blueprints of these forts/castles.

i am dying to play on a settlement that doesn't lag and is relatively medium sized and lets say you lose the walls you have archers right behind them shooting at the people on the walls, because of the roads and buildings in the way as soon as you lose the walls you lose of those.

i mean people like king kong make settlements like minas tirith so sticking a couple of walls together with nothing in them should be more easier no?

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by Toho
    why dont you guys just make simple settlements? why does it need to be a huge city? i say just clear the city and its roads and put a simple plain surrounded by a couple of walls, heck you can even get aspirations from the blueprints of these forts/castles.

i am dying to play on a settlement that doesn't lag and is relatively medium sized and lets say you lose the walls you have archers right behind them shooting at the people on the walls, because of the roads and buildings in the way as soon as you lose the walls you lose of those.

i mean people like king kong make settlements like minas tirith so sticking a couple of walls together with nothing in them should be more easier no?
    Sorry I'm confused ( as usual ) Where on this thread is anyone saying they are spending a lot of time making huge cities? Most of the topics are around making changes to ambient's and 'forts etc'.

For an approximate $30 purchase of Milkshape you could make those simple castles yourself.

I wouldn't be sure what you are calling medium size versus the fort sizes which seem to fit your description.
    Outside of that we produced a castle about a year ago which was along these lines as a very simple trial. Since that we've made some others but they like most of the custom settlements are tied to individual mods (so not yet released).

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Hi Everyone,

A short while ago, a subject came back again on SS6.4 forum about settlements. which are quite similare. Due to that, an "old" idea came back to my mind: why not customize some settlements to make them historically accurate?
    I'm brand new in modding stuff and for the moment I'm looking for and reading as much as I can to understand all the issues involved in such project. At that stage, I'm just playing with different tools (IWTE, Milkshape, ...) to get familiarised but I have questions. There are some many threads to read that I get confused some times and I choose this thread to reach as many modder as I can and get the maximum inputs. I hope it is ok.

I think I understand the principle to create a customize settlement. What I'm not sure is how to install that settlement in the campaign map.
    For example, I create a customised city for Paris. As the Seine river goes through the city, do I have to move the city location on the campaign map also (the city appears beside the Seine river on the campaign map)?
    If I want the game to use that city map only for Paris, what other(s) file(s) do I need to change?
    Last question for the moment: as the city grows up during the game time, I guess I have to make a city map for each level (small city, large city and so on) and change the file(s) accordingly as for my previous question.
    Many thanks in advance for your help.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I just found that link given by Makanyane: http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Battle_...ildings_-_M2TW
    It looks that answers to some of my questions.

If anyone else has some other useful topics for me, he would be more than welcome.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir
    I think I understand the principle to create a customize settlement. What I'm not sure is how to install that settlement in the campaign map.
    For example, I create a customised city for Paris. As the Seine river goes through the city, do I have to move the city location on the campaign map also (the city appears beside the Seine river on the campaign map)?
    If I want the game to use that city map only for Paris, what other(s) file(s) do I need to change?
    Last question for the moment: as the city grows up during the game time, I guess I have to make a city map for each level (small city, large city and so on) and change the file(s) accordingly as for my previous question.
    Many thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi
    You need to give it a bit more thought than that. You can assign each type of settlement to a faction as its lowest level. If you want a Paris that grows for each city level then please remember that every settlement for that faction will all be using the same models.

If you want a settlement with a river you could probably position a settlement on the river in the start map. However I don't think anyone has really tried that (other than to see if it works) and no idea how the AI reacts to it (likely things will get bottlenecked as a result).

If you want a settlement by a river you just move the river as part of the worldterrain. However you are generally constrained around how the campaign map thinks the river should flow (or it looks odd ).

(I want to rotate the settlement in my current Sig by 90 degrees as the settlement is really facing the wrong way and I could get a better representation of the true river flow if I did that).

Alondite's Avatar Semisalis

Does anyone have the file of "SE_fort_g path fix"? The link is broken.
    Uploading the whole fixed "SE_fort_g" folder is fine as well.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alondite View Post
    Does anyone have the file of "SE_fort_g path fix"? The link is broken.
    Uploading the whole fixed "SE_fort_g" folder is fine as well.

Many thanks
    have you tried the version here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3115

This is all 10 years old, no idea if there have been better versions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12