Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Movement Speed Reduction - NEW v2.0

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Movement Speed Reduction

The game definitely needs a simple mod that slows everything down, the movement speed, and battles should last a lot longer.

His name is Darth, and with luck he will make Total Darth: Shogun 2. In the mean time with vanilla game speeds i refuse to play (unless i get my fingers on some cocaine then at least my brain would be working at the same speed as the game haha)

Quote Originally Posted by kingwahwah View Post
    I came here to say the same. Only used 30%. Probably prefer 20%. In 30% horses running too slow. Can you split the speeds?
    Any back up for my thoughts.

does this work in campaign battles?

not got game yet.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Any back up for my thoughts.

does this work in campaign battles?

not got game yet.
    I think this working in the campaingn battles, like other people has said. Now we need decrease of speed on campaign moving and for the naval battles.

Units speed marching would be ok, the ridicolus is when they run and charge, expecially for cavalry, it seems to fly...

I just feel 30% for horses is too slow. I just finishing install now! will try 20%.

I appreciate this mod a lot -- thank you Yarkis (+rep).

Also I am wondering if anyone knows how to change the scripts in the campaign map so you can zoom in closer? Also would like to zoom closer to water level in naval engagements? Any help appreciated.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by ArielBender View Post
    I appreciate this mod a lot -- thank you Yarkis (+rep).

Also I am wondering if anyone knows how to change the scripts in the campaign map so you can zoom in closer? Also would like to zoom closer to water level in naval engagements? Any help appreciated.

Thanks again.
    I'm not sure how to do it on the campaign map, but as far as the battle map, you can set yourself up with the debug camera. This allows you to move the camera pretty much anywhere -- it will go as high as you like, as low as you like, but beware: it can even move under the ground or clip through buildings.

To do this, go to Username>Appdata (this might be hidden)>Roaming>The Creative Assembly>Shogun 2>Scripts, and open up the preferences.script.txt file. There, find the line "default_camera_type" and change the number to 2.

Doing this will get you the debug camera. Note, however, that changing any of the camera/control settings in game will revert you back to the standard camera types, and you'll have to go back and change this again to get the debug camera back.

Maiden_Ante's Avatar Semisalis

Oh thank Viking. This and something that creates an alternative to that horrifying Wiki is all I ask for.

I came here to say the same. Only used 30%. Probably prefer 20%. In 30% horses running too slow. Can you split the speeds?
    Agreed. Maybe reduce archer firing speeds a little too, to offset whatever advantage they get from this.

Spinescens's Avatar Libertus

To anyone still wondering like i was, this does work with the full game and does work in the campaign. Also going by what was said about cavalry being too slow, i went for 20% and i think its a perfect balance. This mod is great...its just what the game needs, i couldnt stomach it before with everything moving in fast forward. Dont understand why it was that ridiculous in the first place!

About archers now being somewhat more powerful, one could just reduce their rate of fire by 20% though? Perhaps as an optional pack? Great little mod, this!
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Nice mod +Rep

Yep great simple but very necessary mod Yarkis.

One note last nights patch didn't seem to install for me properly an i was wondering if maybe this mod being in patch format may have confused the updater a bit?

Temp removed mod and used Stream validate tool for a manual update seemed to work no probs.

EDIT: removed mod did stream validate - it detected 5 files needed to be acquired did it an Games still shows 1.0 so
    Last edited by Adeptus Modifcus; March 17, 2011 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianNecrophiliac View Post
    Agreed. Maybe reduce archer firing speeds a little too, to offset whatever advantage they get from this.

Now see i dont find archers worthwhile vanilla BECAUSE of the unit speed. If the units were slowed down archers become useful, nerfing archers firing rate as well as unit speed....could just play in slow motion and get the same effect.

Archer damage per volley is perfect, firing rate is perfect, unit speed is an abortion. Archers are worthless if the bad guys are on top of you before you can get a 2nd/3rd shot off (takes about 6 seconds in real life for a decent archer to get an aimed shot off. And yes i do archery)

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

I think I'm gonna try this, the game is WAY too fast for me, especially in battles with several flanks. I just had a large battle and I had to keep it paused pretty much half of the time. There's no time to enjoy the visuals of battle or anything.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

No we just need to nerf archer's accuracy. I mean even in vanilla those arrows are like heat-seeking missiles.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    No we just need to nerf archer's accuracy. I mean even in vanilla those arrows are like heat-seeking missiles.
    I won't tell that. Look at after battle results, archers very rarely make more kill than loss, so they are quite good as they are.

If OP reduce walk speed in vanilla, he must reduce range of achery by the same amount.

Ex : walking 100m at the speed of 10 is the same time as walking 75 at the speed of 7.5, this time you'll get, say, 5 arrows => -25% to walking speed should be -25% to ranged weapons aswell, or else you'll boost ranged weapons by +25% damage.

Same thing for hiding detections' ranges by the way. Stealth and ninja are nerfed if units can detect you that far.
    Hygienism is feudalism.
    OBEY

Don't think by yourself, apply dogma instead.

In my opinion it's better reduce accuracy than range.... Don't really want to see matchloks or archers shooting not far than 30-40 metres...

Dear All:

Thanks Yarkis for taking the time to make this mod; am looking forward to trying it out later this evening.

I was wondering, however, whether I will have to start a new campaign to see the difference or whether the changes will apply to an existing campaign.

Thanks, in advance, for any insight.

Regards,

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast