Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Creator [V4]

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Battle Creator [Preview]

My tool still creates the Battle data perfectly.

So it may just mean that the user will have to use Notepad++ to convert the files encoding (very easy to do). Then replace a file in a .pack with the PFM. (Also very easy to do)

It's not what I wanted, I want the process to be 100% automated, but this still cuts down about 95% of the work for the user.

Only time will tell if I have a eureka moment and fix it on a whim.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I'm hoping it might be something extremely trivial..

CA's faction names in their XMLs don't use capital letters.. Mine do.

I will test all possible stupidly small things like this to see if it could be any of these causing problems. But I am very doubtful.

Icon7 Re: Battle Creator [Preview]

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    I don't think Taw can help, he uses Ruby which is Mac based. I heavily use Windows based coding such as APIs, so we are both very far away from understanding what each others work does or more importantly does wrong I think.

then I would suggest Mitch that you start making your old idea,which is many random battles in different locations (siege and land) then put them in the campaign map...well this is a very good idea to do before the original copy comes out instead of spending time on the costume battle in this short time...just an opinion guys so dont get too harsh on me

at the end its it your idea Mitch so dont get offended
    Last edited by kareem6776; March 02, 2011 at 10:43 AM.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Thats quite possibly the worst idea I'v ever heard.

I'm not doing all this work programming the tool for nothing.

Also, I might have fixed it..

Kiyoshi's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    My tool still creates the Battle data perfectly.

So it may just mean that the user will have to use Notepad++ to convert the files encoding (very easy to do). Then replace a file in a .pack with the PFM. (Also very easy to do)

It's not what I wanted, I want the process to be 100% automated, but this still cuts down about 95% of the work for the user.

Only time will tell if I have a eureka moment and fix it on a whim.
    I suppose most people wouldn't mind converting it. Simply tell us how in a Readme, and well I can deal with that. But I don't know about others.

Im too lazy lol, couldnt we just keep redownloading ?
    Rome Total War Randomiser --- Thread --- Source Code

RTWLIB --- C#Library for manipulating and parsing the Rome Total War files. WIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronbaron View Post
    Im too lazy lol, couldnt we just keep redownloading ?
    What's that supposed to mean?

first I didnt ask you to rank my reply because this was your idea ....well sorry to hurt your feelings ,yet you Have about 10 days until the original one comes out so do it now or dont bother doing it..and just to let you know,I have finished costume battle programming and it works perfectly,it doesnt look quite like yours but at least it works...and since your the god-like here so I wont post it until you do,just to avoid competition

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kareem6776 View Post
    I have finished costume battle programming and it works perfectly,it doesnt look quite like yours but at least it works...and since your the god-like here so I wont post it until you do,just to avoid competition
    lol.. you can't even spell Custom Battles, let alone program a tool to make them.

Stop trolling around. It's sad.

first I didnt ask you to rank my reply because this was your idea ....well sorry to hurt your feelings ,yet you Have about 10 days until the original one comes out so do it now or dont bother doing it..and just to let you know,I have finished costume battle programming and it works perfectly,it doesnt look quite like yours but at least it works...and since your the god-like here so I wont post it until you do,just to avoid competition
    Oh, could you possibly post it on my profile? (If possible ) I'm dying for something like this.
    Last edited by Kiyoshi; March 02, 2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Typo

hahaha is that it?...does that really mean to you something?I mean not spelling "custom" right?hahaha I think people have given you more encouragement and complements than you should get ,havent they?lol

I didnt say that for you to believe me or not ,I just said it to show you that what your doing ,anybody can do it and if you want a prove, I will make video for you with my tool but again not to compete you but to prove to you...lame XD

Xorte-Renshe's Avatar Civis

I have never seen the Notepad++ interface, but I assume you cant do that converting process with regular Notepad. Does Notepad++ have special options for that type of thing?

If so, then I have no problem downloading it and doing the converting myself, like you suggested, Mitch.

hahaha is that it?...does that really mean to you something?I mean not spelling "custom" right?hahaha I think people have given you more encouragement and complements than you should get ,havent they?lol

I didnt say that for you to believe me or not ,I just said it to show you that what your doing ,anybody can do it and if you want a prove, I will make video for you with my tool but again not to compete you but to prove to you...lame XD
    Again Mitch I am indian and I cant spell English words right sometimes but I do spell the computer language perfectly and I think more than you do
    guys send me your emails and I will send it to you
    Last edited by kareem6776; March 02, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

Nice mods mitchy! You are making mods in an incredible fast rate!!
    I will try this one out if you are able to finish it.
    So hurry up .. ^_^

Under the patronage of Přntifex Maximus

Ok you know what? Now your both jerks. Mitch for understanding you wrong and being aggressive, and YOU for trying to be a show off and saying that Mitch isn't really doing anything useful. Now I'm not going to get too involved in this but I'd suggest getting a moderator here...

Laetus

mmm, If this other guy has a mod, he should make a video. Anyway, sad for your delay mitch

sorry guys I am not trying to be show off and I think mitch understood me wrong so...anyway sorry Mitch keep doing your good job and I am going to post a video soon just to see if people will like it

I remember a similar problem with a random map generator for Elemental, where the tool the guy had created output seemingly normal XML files, but they would NOT work for users with non-english OS because they were not saved in something-i-have-no-idea-of.

Basically the application didnt read certain symbols properly even though the XML looked fine and even though the format was 100% correct.
    In the end he had to code it to save in unicode first via your localized windows mumbo jumbo, then back to the proper format, or some such thing.

Xorte-Renshe's Avatar Civis

sorry guys I am not trying to be show off and I think mitch understood me wrong so...anyway sorry Mitch keep doing your good job and I am going to post a video soon just to see if people will like it
    The difference between what you and Mitch are doing is that, while you may have a working battle creating system, Mitch is trying to make an easy-to-use interface for us non-.pack modders.

That's why we consider what Mitch is doing to be so important and enjoyable to follow.

kareem6776, I don't believe that you have a usable custom battle creator in the slightest (emphasis on 'usable', although I doubt you have much at all).

Hope you can resolve any issues you have having Mitch, your work is very much appreciated