Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Creator [V4]

Default Re: Battle Creator [Preview]

Lucky us! Good luck with this Mitch.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

I am sooooo excited. A week ago, right as Mitch was working his magic, I noticed many people were bashing on S2. Saying its the going to be the worst in the series and its un-moddable. I was defending it with some other fans. But more people were hating than loving. I liked the demo before Mitch's first release, but I never would have played it after the first day. That is when i found Mitch's God-like act and every day I anticipate a new battle to download. Just want to say thanks for making this demo a "game" and to all the haters out there, "I told you so".
    Last edited by Niccolo` Machiavelli; March 01, 2011 at 03:20 PM.
    Who likes Quitters????
    Vote now at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=425721

Steam ID: Niccolo' Machiavelli

Sweet. Today is 2 weeks until the release of the mighty beast the will be Shogun 2.

I like Shogun how it is. The only one i hope for is a more turns per year mod, cause my Generals die to fast, specially in the Demo my generals reach only rang 3 till they die cause they are to old. Oh and maybe a better family tree. This is a Age were dynasties are important, but when a Leader is death we never see him in a list. I would like something like in rome or medieval 2.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Awsome, I just found the problem was a few scripting names within the XML. I'll reset these to correct values with the file generation code, and I have a perfect working prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Awsome, I just found the problem was a few scripting names within the XML. I'll reset these to correct values with the file generation code, and I have a perfect working prototype.
    Yey!

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

Do you have any idea about how long this will take ? I hope it won't take much time because everyone is so excited here.

Quote Originally Posted by Boba93 View Post
    Do you have any idea about how long this will take ? I hope it won't take much time because everyone is so excited here.
    Don't ask. Let him work

cudakite's Avatar Centenarius

Sweet. I know that feeling when the script you're writing works correctly for the first time. Congrats mate!

CLICKY

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Don't ask. Let him work
    I ask because I can't really wait. If there was something to tell about how many times I visited this page today then the number would be like a phone number hehe

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Lol...

Great. Can't wait to try it when it's released

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

I really looking forward to this mod.

Will the battle creator include your better AI? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by cudakite View Post
    Sweet. I know that feeling when the script you're writing works correctly for the first time. Congrats mate!
    I know, I just added my own units for the first time to the battle.xml. It was very frustrating, but with the help from Birk, I managed to make it happen. The feeling is incredible and addicting. I don't even want to play the battle. I want to change more.

I am using the Fixed AI Custom Battle - 100% Unscripted by Mitch. Thanks Mitch, +Rep. The battle plays at night. I would like to play in daytime for better visual effects. When I open the notepad and I look at the bottom where the battle description is, I see this

<battle_description>
    <battle_script>Sekigahara_Battle.battle_script</battle_script>
    <time_of_day>day</time_of_day>
    <season>Autumn</season>
    <precipitation_type>dry</precipitation_type>
    <subculture>sc_japanese</subculture>
    <type>land_normal</type>
    <duration>3000</duration>
    <timeout_winning_alliance_index>0</timeout_winning_alliance_index>
    </battle_description>

Can anyone help me?
    Who likes Quitters????

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Niccolo` Machiavelli View Post
    I know, I just added my own units for the first time to the battle.xml. It was very frustrating, but with the help from Birk, I managed to make it happen. The feeling is incredible and addicting. I don't even want to play the battle. I want to change more.

I am using the Fixed AI Custom Battle - 100% Unscripted by Mitch. Thanks Mitch, +Rep. The battle plays at night. I would like to play in daytime for better visual effects. When I open the notepad and I look at the bottom where the battle description is, I see this

<battle_description>
    <battle_script>Sekigahara_Battle.battle_script</battle_script>
    <time_of_day>day</time_of_day>
    <season>Autumn</season>
    <precipitation_type>dry</precipitation_type>
    <subculture>sc_japanese</subculture>
    <type>land_normal</type>
    <duration>3000</duration>
    <timeout_winning_alliance_index>0</timeout_winning_alliance_index>
    </battle_description>

Can anyone help me?
    As you can see that information it is just the battle_description.

The enviroment files I included in the mod is the thing that turns it to night.

If you delete that file from the mod with the PFM, it will revert back to the standard day setting.

are we there yet?

How about now?

now?

As you can see that information it is just the battle_description.

The enviroment files I included in the mod is the thing that turns it to night.

If you delete that file from the mod with the PFM, it will revert back to the standard day setting.
    I found it Mitch, it was the next line down. It was set for default for some reason. I changed it to

<weather>
    <environment_key>BattleTerrain/presets/hb_sekigahara/weather/Japan/Land/Summer/Day/Dry/Default_Summer_Day_Dry.environment</environment_key>
    <prevailing_wind x="0" y="9"/>
    </weather>

Now it is in day time. Thanks tho.

Take you time with the battle tool. Hahah, im hiving fun doing this.
    Who likes Quitters????

Quote Originally Posted by BDIZZLE356 View Post
    I have had the exact opposite experience myself, especially the empire demo, that one was really really bad and when the game came out it ran at least twice as fast as the demo did and so far it seems im having the same issue with the shogun 2 demo, the battles are really choppy i can only hope the full version is better but im very confident it will be much better
    Good i hoping the same bro
    But my beef with empire, was that i had enourmous lags, etc, has in the game was unfinished
    On the note about female japanese warriors they did in fact exist, They arent an fantasy unit. Just to warn about those people who will think its one of those fantasy C.A. drivens. it is not. Takeda Shingen the mighty Daymo, had Female warriors in his army as i remember, this cavalry unit has a leader his misstress named Yae.

And interesting blog about Ninja ladys http://everythingninja.wordpress.com/tag/japanese-warrior-woman/

btw Mitch in this Battle creator we will be able to chose units sizes?
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 01, 2011 at 10:32 PM.

There is a female Nagaita unit in the acctual game as well, the in-game encyclopedia said so.