Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Shogun (UPC-SHO) - updated 14.4.18

Default Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Shogun (UPC-SHO) - updated 14.4.18

Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Shogun (UPC-SHO)

Updated 14.4.18

Thanks a lot to Frodo45127 who manages the Spanish UPC project here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?502070

What is the UPC?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The UPC project is necessary for all languages except English, because of added custom texts to the game by modders. Most of these texts are from Unit Pack Mods, Gameplay Mods and Overhaul Mods. Without the UPC you can not see these custom unit names, descriptions and other texts if you don't use the English language version.

Mods are not compatible if they all include an own language file which contains the file localisation.loc. Therefore this mod aims to create an universal localisation.loc file that can be used to make as many mods as possible compatible. Then you can see all custom unit names, descriptions and other texts from the included mods.

You can switch your language in the Steam options of Shogun 2. If you switch to English, then all custom texts appear without the need of the UPC. This is because only the English language file system can directly read the custom texts from our mods. All other languages ignore the included custom texts. Therefore we make this UPC project. Each language needs a separate UPC language version.

Basically you don't need the English UPC-SHO version, but I uploaded it for other modders.

The UPC doesn't contain any mods and you must download the mods from the related sites. It contains only the custom texts of the included mods.

Please note that not all mods in each language are translated, but all custom entries are included in English and you can see at least English texts.

There is a little rule in the UPC history. "It is better to see at least an English text, as there would be otherwise just a blank text."

English UPC-SHO
    - contains the final localization version of Shogun 2 (last patch and all DLCs)
    - several minor text fixes by Swiss Halberdier

- Swiss Halberdier's AUM-SHO
    - Radious Shogun Unit Packs 1-3
    - Frodo's Roots of Japan 1.3
    - Iutland's "RSM"
    - Shogun 2 Realism v0400
    - TROM 3 0.62
    - Dewy's "Honour & Glory 1.2"
    - Aira's "Unique units for major factions 1.1"
    - Jelinobas "Jaxunits 2.0"
    - General Malaise's "Zen Mod Units 4.0"
    - Dru32's "13 Assassins units mod"
    - Cornwallis British Exp. Force
    - Barusa Yari Heroine 1.0
    - Chosokabe Bow Cavalry 1.0
    - FOTS Artillery Unit Pack V3
    - General and Daimyo Ancillaries Overhaul v1.0
    - Joshitai Unit Pack 1.0
    - Kensai 1.0
    - Laser's Unit Pack 0.8
    - Loan Sword Ashigaru and No-dachi Ashigaru V3
    - Ming Mercenaries v1
    - Naval Unit Pack 0.1
    - Onna Bushi Katana, Matchlock, Nodachi
    - Portuguese Tanegashima Hero 1.0
    - Rurouni Kenshin Hero Pack 1.0
    - Scope's Extended Ninja Units for Hattori & Tokugawa
    - Sengoku Jidai Onna Bushi Heroine 1.0
    - Sengoku Jidai Units to ROTS Campaign
    - Shogunate Marines V1
    - Syren's Unique Clans Mod 1.4
    - Time Warp
    - Tokugawa & Hattori Ninja Hero and Shinobi Hero v3.0.1
    - Unique Units for Major Factions 1.1
    - EoNightcore's AUM-SHO Expanded
    - EoNightcore's Matchlock Navy
    - EoNightcore's Christian Monks

German UPC-SHO
    - the German language file contains all listed mods in the English list above
    - removed the "-" between the names of units (example: Naginata-Samurai = Naginata Samurai)

French UPC-SHO
    - the French language file contains all listed mods in the English list above

- French AUM-SHO unit names and descriptions translated by LEVIATH

Spanish UPC-SHO
    - the Spanish language file contains all listed mods in the English list above

- Spanish AUM-SHO unit names and descriptions translated by XXON

Italian UPC-SHO
    - the Italian language file contains all listed mods in the English list above

- Italian AUM-SHO unit names and descriptions translated by IPERIONE

Russian UPC-SHO
    - the Russian language file contains all listed mods in the English list above

- Russian AUM-SHO unit names and descriptions translated by C.H.E.R.E.P.

Polish UPC-SHO
    - the Polish language file contains all listed mods in the English list above

- Polish AUM-SHO unit names and descriptions translated by JAGGEN

Czech UPC-SHO
    - the Czech language file contains all listed mods in the English list above

- Czech AUM-SHO unit names and descriptions translated by RADIOUS

Installation

Download, unpack and copy the file to your Shogun 2 data folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data

Please check if there is more than one UPC_*.pack file in your data folder. If there are other custom language files from mods in this folder, then you have to delete them as they would conflict.

The UPC file doesn't show up in the official Mod launcher and there is no Mod Manager needed to activate the mod.

The UPC file is a special Movie type format file which loads automatically if you put the UPC file into your data folder.

Information for players

Please choose your language and read the installation instructions.

Please note that not all mods in each language are fully translated yet, but all entries are included in English.

There is a little rule in the UPC history. "It is better to see at least an English text, as there would be otherwise just a blank text."

Information for modders

The language file system has changed in SHOGUN 2. Here is the thread with the related information:

[Resource]
    Shogun 2 "Language" and "Encyclopedia" files

The UPC project is fully free and you can use it for your own mod as a base. Please give credits if you use the UPC.

If you want to be included in this project, then please upload your exported TSV file with just your related entries here on the thread. We will include your entries as soon as possible into the next version.

Credits

Swiss Halberdier is the creator of the UPC-SHO project and created the German translation.

Thanks a lot to Leviath for the French translation of the AUM-SHO unit names and descriptions.

Thanks a lot to DramaBelli and Iperione for the Italian translation of the AUM-SHO unit names.

Thanks a lot to xxon for the Spanish translation of the AUM-SHO unit names and descriptions.

Thanks a lot to Radious for the Czech translation of the AUM-SHO unit names and descriptions.

Thanks a lot to Jaggen for the Polish translation of the AUM-SHO unit names and descriptions.

Thanks a lot to C.H.E.R.E.P. for the Russian translation of the AUM-SHO unit names and descriptions.

Thanks a lot to Radious who kept UPC-SHO alive on his UPC thread while I was away.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ty-Information

Thanks a lot to Frodo45127 who manages the Spanish UPC project here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?502070

Thanks a lot to Lord Maximus, Porphyr and husserlTW for their new Pack File Manager for Shogun.

Thanks a lot to taw for his tool DB<->TSV converter and very useful feedback on the forum.

Thanks a lot to just for his useful information about the new language file system.

Enjoy UPC-SHO
    Swiss Halberdier

Downloads

UPC language files

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Shogun (UPC-SHO) 1.0 - DEMO version

Hello to all SHOGUN 2 players,

today I released the first version of the UPC-SHO.

I released the UPC-SHO to include and combine custom mod strings and add "vanilla text fixes". I saw several little text errors in the meantime.

Please report any vanilla text errors that you find and I will include these fixes.

First release:
    - contains the complete DEMO localisation

If you want to see all units with their names that are probably in the final release please do the following steps. You need the "Pack File Manager" to open the pack files.

> English UPC-SHO
    Open the folder "text\db" and open the table "units.loc". There you will see all included unit names.

> German, French and Spanish UPC-SHO

Open the folder "text" and open the table "localisation.loc". Click on the "Tag" column to sort the file. Scroll to the end and you'll see the "units_on_screen_name_*" entries.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Shogun (UPC-SHO) 1.0 - DEMO version

Great stuff Swiss, however I read somewhere that now we don't need lots and lots of .locs so makes your life easier

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    Great stuff Swiss, however I read somewhere that now we don't need lots and lots of .locs so makes your life easier
    Hello Dynamo11, yes it seems that the new system is really an improvement as it is described in my thread here:

[Resource]
    Shogun 2 "Language" and "Encyclopedia" files

But it needs further testing to be sure.
    I saw several little text errors while playing and therefore I fixed some.

Please report any vanilla text errors that you find and I will include these fixes.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Wilco!

Excellent work Swiss Halbedier , + rep . Any news on a AUM pack for shogun 2 ? Or will it be difficult to get new units in or do you think the current units are reflected historically accurate . Do you think shogun has enough room for skinners to get creative, i mean in NTW and ETW and even in MTW2 there were so many units and also you can get much more litarature on europe then on japan. Would like to hear you're opinions on this subject. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
    Excellent work Swiss Halbedier , + rep . Any news on a AUM pack for shogun 2 ? Or will it be difficult to get new units in or do you think the current units are reflected historically accurate . Do you think shogun has enough room for skinners to get creative, i mean in NTW and ETW and even in MTW2 there were so many units and also you can get much more litarature on europe then on japan. Would like to hear you're opinions on this subject. Thanks
    Hello Rigby, thanks a lot for your nice comment. At the moment I'm thinking about which units I want to add into my upcoming AUM-Shogun. But first the modding tools must be updated by our famous tool modders before I can start to mod.

I think the vanilla roster is quite historical and it covers a good amount of unit types. The texture/models system is almost the same like in Napoleon:TW.

yay! Swiss UPC in Shogun 2! This will be my favourite mod as always

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    yay! Swiss UPC in Shogun 2! This will be my favourite mod as always
    Hello Lord Willy, nice to see you here too and thanks a lot for your nice comment!

Hello to all Shogun 2 Demo players who use Empire too. Today I released an imporant UPC-ETW update.

Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-ETW) 6.3 English - 2.7 German - 1.5 French - 1.3 Spanish

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Shogun (UPC-SHO) 1.0 - English - German - French - Spanish

Hello to all UPC-SHO users,

the next version of the UPC-SHO will be released as soon as possible after the release of SHOGUN 2 next week. Please use the UPC-SHO 1.0 only in the DEMO.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Shogun (UPC-SHO) 1.0 - English - German - French - Spanish

Swiss, you're not working on shogun 2 already it's not even out yet
    well done mate I always welcome the mods you make - cheers
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Quote Originally Posted by plissken3 View Post
    Swiss, you're not working on shogun 2 already it's not even out yet
    well done mate I always welcome the mods you make - cheers
    Thanks a lot plissken!

the first patch has been released yesterday and it contains several text fixes.

Unfortunately I have problems to access and edit the patched language files with the actual PFM tool which doesn't support the files properly yet.

I will update the UPC-SHO as soon as possible. Please remove the UPC file until I release the update.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

There will also be the Italian UPC?

Quote Originally Posted by Iperione View Post
    There will also be the Italian UPC?
    Hello Iperione, unfortunately there will be no Italian UPC. My three UPC projects (ETW/NTW/SH2) consume much time and I can't add any other languages at the moment.

I couldn't edit the patched language files with the actual PFM tool yet. Because of several issues regarding the file type format. I will update the UPC-SHO as soon as possible.

Please remove the UPC file until I release the update.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

I see, thank you for the answer.

Currently I have not found any text errors, if I found them, I would report them.

Today a new official patch has been released through Steam. The "local_*_patch.pack" language file has been updated. I have to check this file and I will update the UPC-SHO soon.

Default Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Shogun (UPC-SHO) 1.1 - English - German - French - Spanish - updated 30.3.11

today I released the UPC-SHO 1.1.

- contains the complete localisation of the last patch

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Shogun (UPC-SHO) 1.1 - English - German - French - Spanish - updated 30.3.11

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post

today I released the UPC-SHO 1.1.

- contains the complete localisation of the last patch

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier
    Great work mate - as always
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Meethos's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Shogun (UPC-SHO) 1.1 - English - German - French - Spanish - updated 30.3.11

Hey Swiss forgive my ignorance but what exactly is this for? Does it go along with your AUM mod? Or is this a modding resource? Sorry again for the dumb question.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast