Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-updated!!! 4 maps playable with new units, more soldier, new factions, catapults and cannons!

Default THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-updated!!! 4 maps playable with new units, more soldier, new factions, catapults and cannons!

last updates :
    -the mountbattle (hunor's work adaptation): 20 vs 25, x2 soldiers, new units hojo, new factions. (download on post 3!!!)

- the snow battle, new map : 20 vs 20, more soldiers and units! 2nd version snowbattlehard 20vs 25!

I made it for myself but I share it. first mod: It modifies the segikahara battle:
    I modified 3 things:
    -the units (inspiring of what Mirabeau did), you have new type of units.
    -the number of units : 25 versus 26
    -the number of soldiers: twice soldiers in each unit as vanilla.
    Edit: I made a version 2 that is better I think in the choice of the units. (sekilarge) there's also a version with 4 catapults (sekilarge catapults)!

just put it in data and launch

+ 2nd mod for the battle of awa: you have 30 units with twice soldiers as vanilla and defensors have 18 units.
    file :largeawa2 :30 versus 24.
    +3rd mod for the battle of awa: defenders have catapults.
    I made 2 videos in order that you can see what are the changes, one is with 13000 men and the other about 15000. To read them ut them in your replays folders (if you don't know where it is, launch a research with windows).

BEWARE : don't use them both in data, it's one or the other.
    ps: I know there is a problem with the unit card of the added units... And I hope your computer can handle that without lag!

TO DOWNLOAD:
    largebattlemod : seki battle 25 vs 26 ( traitors have more units)with x2 soldiers
    largemodawa: awa battle with soldiers x2, units 30 vs 18
    large awa2: soldiers x2 +units 30 vs 24
    Awa2catapults: same that above + 12 catapults for the defenders of the castle.
    Sekilarge: seki battle 25 x26, (ennemies have more units, traitors the same as in vanilla) soldiers x2, new types of units
    Sekilarge catapults : same above, 26 vs 26 ( + 4 catapults for you added)
    Videos: they have been made with awa2 and Sekilarge.
    Snowbattle: 20vs21, new units, new factions, new map.
    Snowbattle hard: your ennemy has 5 more experienced units than you, 20 vs25

my advice: awa 2, awa2catapults and Sekilarge catapults, snowbattle!

OTHERS DOWNLOAD: post 3, new battle to download!!!!
    Last edited by panzerschreck; March 04, 2011 at 07:39 AM.

Default Re: The large battle mod-25 units versus 26-new units-twice soldiers-

Does the extra ai units actually move? In my edited battle the ai units that where added by me did nothing and ran away after I destroyed the "vanilla" army...

Default Re: The large battle mod-25 units versus 26-new units-twice soldiers-

DOWNLOAD, FOLLOWING: NEW MAP

the mountbattle (adaptation of hunor 's work, thanks to him!): new factions, 20 vs 25, hojo gunners, soldiersx2.

Last edited by panzerschreck; March 04, 2011 at 11:48 AM.

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-25 units versus 26-new units-twice soldiers-batle of awa added 30 versus 18!

Great job but I'm afraid that if I download it I won't be able to enjoy the grand campaign as much because going from 20 to 40 then back to 20 would uh, suck.

But great job man.
    Anybody seen Richie? -Detective Gino Felino.

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-25 units versus 26-new units-twice soldiers-batle of awa added 30 versus 18!

Quote Originally Posted by Running Nose View Post
    Great job but I'm afraid that if I download it I won't be able to enjoy the grand campaign as much because going from 20 to 40 then back to 20 would uh, suck.

But great job man.
    just test it for historical scenario, then when you play campaign, put it in an other folder.

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Great mod more then 20 unit limit mod rocks can you make it where 50 units for attacking 45 units for defending??? I love it this battle was awsome try makeing the unit size regular. And is it possible to make it where ur the defender allso??
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

I meant it would ruin my enjoyment of regular Shogun 2 with its 20 units cap.

Would be nice if CA raises it or makes it possible to up the cap for Campaign and MP by modding.

Didn't they say the UI can hold 24 unit cards with no problems? 4 more units would be nice.
    Anybody seen Richie? -Detective Gino Felino.

Allso I calculated that was kinda like a 13k size battle and hardly any lagg epic!
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Running Nose View Post
    I meant it would ruin my enjoyment of regular Shogun 2 with its 20 units cap.

Would be nice if CA raises it or makes it possible to up the cap for Campaign and MP by modding.

Didn't they say the UI can hold 24 unit cards with no problems? 4 more units would be nice.
    These caps make no sense anyway, even if the "ui cant fit the unit cards". How hard would it be for them to code two scroll arrows?

btw can you shed some light on how you added more units into the battle??

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    btw can you shed some light on how you added more units into the battle??
    with pfm, you can take one of my mod, open the xml file, you can copy several of units and add then in the list.

EDIT: 2 videos to download above to show what are the changes.
    ps: if someone know how to convert them quickly in order to put them in you tube...

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-battle of segikahara: (25vs26, new types of units, soldiersx2) +battle of awa added(30 versus 24! soldiersx2!)

EDIT: I add 4 catapults to the battle of seki!
    download (sekilargecatapults above!)
    Last edited by panzerschreck; February 26, 2011 at 10:13 AM.

Icon7 Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-battle of segikahara: (25vs26, new types of units, soldiersx2, 4catapults) +battle of awa added(30 versus 24! soldiersx2!)

Can you make the faction inside the castle playable? If so can you also add catapults for the castle?

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-battle of segikahara: (25vs26, new types of units, soldiersx2, 4catapults) +battle of awa added(30 versus 24! soldiersx2!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cakeking View Post
    Can you make the faction inside the castle playable? If so can you also add catapults for the castle?
    I can't make the faction of the castle playable, but yes I had the idea too, this afternoon, to add some catapults for the defenders.

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-battle of segikahara: (25vs26, new types of units, soldiersx2, 4catapults) +battle of awa added(30 versus 24! soldiersx2!)

Just to mention THIS MOD IS AWESOME.

thank you for the mod very fun!

the nice thing about this is that now i know how well my computer will perform in a 10K+ soldier battle. makes me confident that i will be able to fully enjoy this game once the overhaul mods increase unit size and make the game that much better! I will say this though, once the wooden roofs of the buildings and gates catch on fire my GTX 285 just could not keep up, all that black smoke killed my graphics card, but everything else was fine. I had the game with everything on ultra .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by freelancerX; February 26, 2011 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks a lot Panzerschreck for your great battle scenario! +rep

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    with pfm, you can take one of my mod, open the xml file, you can copy several of units and add then in the list.
    How do I edit that file it only opens up in a web page??

Quote Originally Posted by freelancerX View Post
    thank you for the mod very fun!

the nice thing about this is that now i know how well my computer will perform in a 10K+ soldier battle. makes me confident that i will be able to fully enjoy this game once the overhaul mods increase unit size and make the game that much better! I will say this though, once the wooden roofs of the buildings and gates catch on fire my GTX 285 just could not keep up, all that black smoke killed my graphics card, but everything else was fine. I had the game with everything on ultra .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Thanks a lot Panzerschreck for your great battle scenario! +rep
    that's very nice screens, thanks for your support all of you!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast