Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ESF Editor 1.4.8

Default Re: ESF Editor 1.4.8

hi!!!! please tell me how can I change the amount of money in the start of a campaign in empire total war.

Armand94's Avatar Libertus

When I try to open the savegame it gives me an error:

I used ESF Editor to change the Takeda victory condition I was able to change the first one but then the Editor glitched up before I could save it. And when I went back into the file it gives me a unhandled exception error when I go to open up the Takeda victory condition branch and crashes on the spot if I hit quit or locks up the editor and freezes it functionality forcing me to manually exit the program, though the exit button works fine no need to ctrl alt delete.

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

I was able to find EsfEditor v1.4.6 on some Japanese site. I've reuploaded it for everyone. My understanding is that v1.4.6 was the last stable version.

Great job!

Hello, I've tried both v1.4.6 and v1.4.8 and both seem to (99% of the time) cause Shogun 2 to crash on load of the saves I edit, I'm only editing (and cloning) the effects_bundle_block trees, I'm on the latest version of Shogun 2 (4768 w/ only the RofS DLC), do any other versions of the editor work with this?

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanDOUG View Post
    Hello, I've tried both v1.4.6 and v1.4.8 and both seem to (99% of the time) cause Shogun 2 to crash on load of the saves I edit, I'm only editing (and cloning) the effects_bundle_block trees, I'm on the latest version of Shogun 2 (4768 w/ only the RofS DLC), do any other versions of the editor work with this?
    Try the ESF Editors from this link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139

I had my link for 1.4.6 on megaupload, but the damn gov shut it down. Here's an upload for this site.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; February 01, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

Will a new version be released?

Hmm whenever I try to use either ESFEditor or Shogun 2 Converter I get the error message:
    .NET Framework Initialization Error
    Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application

I have:
    Windows XP
    .NET Framework v4
    jruby 1.6.0
    java 6
    The Pack File Manager works fine for me

Any ideas please?

Can someone give me exact steps what to do to cause the problem?
    Please upload an esf you're trying to edit and describe exactly what you're doing (step by step) after opening the file to cause the problem.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

EDIT: ok, i read that they changed thee esfs save files.
    hi,
    im trying to edit in my save game from S2 fall of the samurai, but i get the message that the file is not ESF supported (?). i can edit my old save games from S2 and S2 rise of the samurai, but not the new one from S2 fall of the samurai.
    i tried uploading the file here but i got the message that the save game file was invalid.
    is this my game that is broken or do i need another program to edit my save games?
    best regards...

pd. thanx for a great tool!
    Last edited by PanzerHue; March 22, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

It's highly likely FotS added new things that require the tool to be updated before it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaius Statius Laurentius View Post
    It's highly likely FotS added new things that require the tool to be updated before it'll work.
    I am new to tris community, so how long does it take usually to update such a tool? I really like it to customize some aspects of my games...

The ESF format has been changed completely with FotS.
    What was done for the original ESFs was that the creators of the original ESF editor reengineered them, but I can't make what they found work with the new files and don't have time or nerves to put hours analysing how they might be organized. In fact, I did put hours into it, but gave up.
    I asked CA to provide me with some documentation but didn't get any yet.

Sorry.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

daniu, did you see this?: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=529152

If you were to update the ESF Editor, could you do such updates using v1.4.6 as a base? v1.4.8 corrupts files.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    daniu, did you see this?: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=529152

If you were to update the ESF Editor, could you do such updates using v1.4.6 as a base? v1.4.8 corrupts files.
    No, I have not yet seen that blog post. Looks like it might contain useful information. Since I'm on vacation right now, it will take quite some time to work those in.
    I don't even know the version of the ESF I'm using the code of right now, that's why I was asking for reproducable steps three posts up. To be quite honest, I don't like the original ESF's approach at all because it was unstable to begin with, which is probably what was causing the problem. Again, I'll have to check back once I'm home.

I doubt I'll have something usable before mid April.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Miles

Default ESF Editor For Fall Of The Samurai?

Hullo,

Has anyone found a way to mod the saved games on Fall of The Samurai? I wish to alter the number of turns there is per year to increase the length of the game.

On Shogun 2 i used the ESF Editor, this always worked absolutely fine. But when i try and apply this on FOTS it brings up an error message stating it was trying to open an unsupported ESF type.

I have tried 3 different versions of the program with no luck on this.

Anybody able to help me please?

The Dutch Devil's Avatar Krakiszki the Hunter
    Content Emeritus

Thread merged with this one.

Patronized by the glorious all knowing Legio.

Damned ESF editor,

I installed FOTS and I try to edit S2TW save games. Each time I get this lame JIT-debugger error, it drives me nuts and frenzy~!

What do I have to do to fix this. Damn......damn....it is so hateful when you don't have a clue!

1.checked Netframework, got 4.0
    2. checked Visual C++, is ok.
    3. Admin rights on
    4. XP mode on

5.damn JIT() still happening. For Christ sakes.

Please aid me in this.

Cheers men.

(ow yeah, shame that these parrotts dont have smoke)

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Poniatowski1991 View Post
    I installed FOTS and I try to edit S2TW save games. Each time I get this lame JIT-debugger error, it drives me nuts and frenzy~!

What do I have to do to fix this.
    You cannot do anything. The ESF format was changed and the editor has not yet been adapted to be able to support it.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum