Thread: Scripts to generate encyclopedia for mods

Default Scripts to generate encyclopedia for mods

Attached is a set of scripts that can be used to generate a personalised encyclopedia for Shogun 2 Total War mods.

It covers the unit, building, tech, and unit classes pages. Originally made and tested to work with S2R+ mod, but should work for other mods that modify the same files.

The output is similar with the original encyclopedia, but will reflect the custom stats, effects, and requirements of the target mod. There's also minor addition like clan requirements for the unit pages, etc.

Working example of the encyclopedia for S2R+ mod: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...-3-(unofficial)

The .zip file contains a README.txt file for usage instructions and details.

Preliminary warning:

These are bash shell scripts, so they need to be run under Linux, or Cygwin on Windows. I used Cygwin under Windows 7 to generate the S2R+ encyclopedia.

I will not be maintaining these scripts. They're provided as is, and can be modified/re-released etc without my permission.

Default Re: Scripts to generate encyclopedia for mods

We make an unofficial translation for the shogun 2. And this script could be a very-very big help to this work.
    But I can't use this...

- I have installed the cygwin
    - I have exported the tsv files
    - I have run the s2twdoc_units.sh
    - But the program has not found the files...

What have I done wrong?

(click to enlarge)

Sorry. It runs fine.
    I have executed only with this "encyclopedia/scripts/s2twdoc_units.sh". And I have not navigated to the script folder...

But the generated html files match for the shogun 2 older version... Not for the current version...
    - missing BOM
    - wrong menu links ("../buildings.html" => "../building_index_choice.html")
    - etc...

But, anyway, it is a very big help for me.

Thanks!

Is it possible for someone to update these scripts, so we could generate updated encyclopedias for various mods (Darthmod, Bayonets etc.)?

It WOULD be a great deal for the modding community!

sorry for the necro,

does someone still has the scripts?
    the attachment disappeared

Huge necro, does anyone still have this?