Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: FreePlay Campaigns - All Factions Playable!

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default FreePlay Campaigns - All Factions Playable!

VERSION 3 4 NOW RELEASED!
    Delete your last version before using.

THERE WILL BE NO CAMPAIGN BATTLES. DON'T EXPECT THEM. DON'T ASK FOR THEM. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE IN THE DEMO.

Custom battles are very likely however. Expect them some time soon.

This mod allows you to play the campaign given to us in the demo, but with the freedom to do whatever you want!
    It will give you access to everything that its physicaly possible to give you access to within the demo.
    You can also select whatever faction you want to play as, from the list below.

- Most importantly, you get the ability to do whatever you want, go wherever you want, under no time constraints.
    - No advisor stopping you from doing what you want to do!
    - The whole two tech trees unlocked.
    - All of the buildings unlocked. (Including the buildings for the small outlying towns)
    - All of the units buildable in the demo are unlocked.
    - Diplomacy with all the factions on the map.
    - Custom events and things previously unseen in the demo!!

The mod also plans to provide the player with some new custom battles.
    And a tool allowing the user to customize their own battles.

Chosokabe

Download

Bessho

Download

Hatakeyama

Download

Kikkawa

Download

Matsuda

Download

Miyoshi

Download

Tsutusi

Download

Urukami

Download

F.A.Q

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. Q: What is Freeplay Campaigns?

A: Freeplay Campaigns is a mod that makes every single faction playable while making the demo campaign harder(and ofc it removes the annoying scripting that stops you from having fun in the Campaign ) Each faction comes in a separate download file as of now. If they are combined into 1 file at somepoint in the future i will update this post. There is no real time battles in the Campaign and i shall explain this better in question 3.

2. Q: How do i install the mod?

A:Choose the faction you want to download from http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428223. The mod comes packed in .rar format that u can extract with Winrar(and probably 7zip but need a confirmation about that. To install the mod extract the .rar file into shogun 2 demo data folder.
    If u did not change installation path it should be in computer/C/Program files/Steam/Steamapps/common/ total war shogun 2 demo/data. So when you are done There should be a extra pack file in your data folder with the name of the faction you installed on it.

3. Q: Does this mod allow me to play real time battles in the campaign?

A: No the mod cannot do this because it is completely impossible in the demo. The demo just does not have the files needed to do real time battles like that. Mitch could add custom battles in random spots on the campaign map but as of now he chooses not to because all real time battles(custom or not) cant be lost even if you quit just after the battle starts the game will still give u the victory(and once again at least as of now this cannot be changed) So the battles wont have any meaning on the campaign(and also it can pretty much be used to cheese the whole campaign.)

If you want to do real time battles in the demo check out mitches 100% nonscripted siege battle and historical battle: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428829

Mitch is also working on a custom battle creator for everyone to use and when that is released i shall post a link of it in here.

4. Q: I installed the mod but the new campaign button is greyed out.

A: That is normal. Go to tutorial and select the tutorial campaign and it will start the campaign with the mod.

5. Q: I installed the mod and started the tutorial Campaign but it still shows chosokabe when it starts.

A: I have not had this happen to me so i cant give definite help(when i get more info i will update).
    Chances are you either installed it wrong OR What has been happening to others is that u start watching chosokabe but u dont control them in that case just find the faction that u installed and play them. If you dont have any fog of war just do a turn or a few and the fog of war should appear

THANKS TO

- 'The Hedge Knight (Josst)
    - Topcapt (T.C)
    - Just
    - The 6000 of you who download the first version of the mod, you guys are awsome!
    - Mumakil for writing the FAQ

PLANS FOR UPDATES

- A tool to customise your own custom battles!- Further expand the campaign in any way I can.

TO INSTALL
    Place ONE of the .packs in your data folder, whichever you fancy, and away you go.

ENJOY!

V1-2 Download Count (23 - 25 Feb 2011) = Over 6000!!
    Last edited by .Mitch.; February 26, 2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Update V4

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Re: [MOD] FreePlay Campaign

haha this is awesome
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Awesome!
    Ceci est une signature

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    FreePlay Campaign

Basicaly does what it says on the tin.

Gives you access to everything that its physicaly possible to give you access to.

Such as:
    • Most importantly, you get the ability to do whatever you want, go wherever you want, no time constraints.
    • NO FREAKING ADVISOR STOPPING YOU PRESS WHAT FREAKING BUTTONS YOU WANT TO PRESS.
    • The whole tech tree. Well both of them.
    • All of the buildings. (Including the buildings for the small outlying towns)
    • All of the units buildable in the demo.

Buildings will still need the correct tech to build, as will units require the correct building and tech. You have a steady income too.

IF ANYTHING MAKES THE GAME CRASH - That is 99% probably because I'v made whatever it is you did before you crashed available, and its not in the demo. Just remember what it was and don't do it next time.

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAVE YOUR CAMPAIGN... possibly.

You have access to all the diplomacy and stuff on the menu bar too (all the tabs).

I'd suggest you just give it a go, will be easier for both of us! lol

The normal version is: "FreePlayCampaign".

And I have also included: ""FreePlayCampaignCheating", you start with an awsome army and 500,000 gold.

TO INSTALL

Place ONE of the .packs in your data folder, whichever you fancy, and away you go.

If you find some bugs, like an inaccesible area, let me know. Ill try to fix them asap!
    Oh and the battles are still autoresolve, thats unchangable.

I'v only tested it for a few turns, so Idk what lies in wait for you beyond there.

ENJOY!

P.S
    I'm also working on making even more of the stuff in the demo's files avaialbe to you too.

I'v created a mod that edits the historical battle and gives you one of every units avaiable, so you can have a play around with the different units.
    I'll release that soon.
    awesome mitch , but is it possible to play more than 3 battles?

Simply great!

Quote Originally Posted by blueray93 View Post
    awesome mitch , but is it possible to play more than 3 battles?
    Doubt it, the reason you can't isn't because it is locked but because CA didn't want the demo to be almost as big as the full game

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

The 3 battles you get are scripted, and set up entirely.

I could make it so that when you have a battle you can fight it, but that battle would then be one of the 3 battles. Though I'm looking at ways to fix this, the battle maps are defiantly reusable, the problem is getting them to be used and using the armies that you have on the campaign map. Its tricky.

keminsky's Avatar Civis

absolutely interesting job, Mitch! gonna try right now
    ladrão que rouba a ladrão..é ladrão

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

I could make it so that when you have a battle you can fight it, but that battle would then be one of the 3 battles. Though I'm looking at ways to fix this, the battle maps are defiantly reusable, the problem is getting them to be used and using the armies that you have on the campaign map. Its tricky.
    so hypothetically, if you can remove the 3 battle limit, it means there's chances to make armies in campaign appear in battle?

and for the maps, it's a matter of making the game always use the available mates all the times, so 1 map for all sieges, 1 for all battles.. etc?

Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

You sir, are a Welsh God of Modding! Did you sleep?!
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    so hypothetically, if you can remove the 3 battle limit, it means there's chances to make armies in campaign appear in battle?

and for the maps, it's a matter of making the game always use the available mates all the times, so 1 map for all sieges, 1 for all battles.. etc?

There is no actual 3 battle limit, as in you can only fight 3 battles. It's just a limit created by CA not wanting to add any more.

Here: scripting.game_interface:add_custom_battlefield(-96.3, -137.5, 3, "TutorialBattles/TUT_Battle_Shogun.xml")

This is how the last battle is added. So I could alter the co-ordinates and create duplicate entries and create these battles everywhere across the map potentialy. The problem is that these battles aren't up to being used as custom battles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernaut View Post
    You sir, are a Welsh God of Modding! Did you sleep?!
    LOL! Thanks. And yes I did sleep, I spent yesterday playing the demo, and this morning doing the scripting.

+rep!!!

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

My god epic work guys! Cant wait to get a proper taste of shogun! <3 +rep
    Its a shame we cant play more than the battles already there but this is a good start indeed.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; February 23, 2011 at 09:03 AM.

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Amazing what some modders can do.

man_utdmasta's Avatar Libertus

You are a Legend of legends Mitch. This makes the Demo infinately better.
    All it needs now is more playable battles, shame.
    +rep

'Now I am become Death, the Distroyer of worlds' - Robert J. Oppenheimer

you are a God my dear Welshman

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

haha nice! my main problem with the demo was that i had to quit playing after the first battle and the thought of going through all that tutorial stuff again was enough to make me not want to play it! +rep
    Last edited by gord96; February 23, 2011 at 09:12 AM.

Thank you Mitch! +rep

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

great work +rep

Colonel Cleg McLeg's Avatar Decanus
    Cardiff or Wrexham, in Wales, depending on the time of year.

You, sir, are my new hero. +rep

Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast