View Poll Results: What should the human faction be called?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Human Empire (my original idea)

103 37.18%
  • Gaian Empire (Gaia = Greek godess of the earth)

81 29.24%
  • Arean Empire (Ares = Greek god of war)

93 33.57%
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Planet War Campaign Released!

Smolka's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Planet War: preview of strat map and units for 25 factions

Quote Originally Posted by Gato The Great View Post
    What I meant is that for example the dinosaur faction giong to have better defence than most of the units since the have scales which is pretty tough and the yetie and bigfoot factions going going to have higher attack than other units
    Yes, the factions that lack cavalry (Yetia, Abominia, Terrans, Atraco, Scorp) are going to have more powerful infantry. They will have higher attack than other factions using the same weapons. However, factions such as Yetia, Abominia, and Atraco also lack armor and will be more vulnerable to arrows. They will have some protection from fur/thick skin, but this is not as good as mail/plate armor. The reptilian scales of Sauria won't really offer any extra protection, but most of their units are wearing armor anyways.

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

Ok, I have some game-changing proposals. I was thinking about victory conditions for the factions, but for some factions they weren't that obvious. So I came up with this idea: The temples. Let me explain. I thought that you could add some settlements(1 or 3 or 5) , called the temples ( One temple could be either called the Serpent temple, or simpler Northern one, Western one, Southern, Central etc). These would be either rebel settlements, with 20 strong units garisson, or belong to a new faction( non-playable ) called The Ancients, but would have some kind of garrisson script and would always leave 20 units at their settlements. Remember I told you about area of reqruitment system? So imagine that at the temple near the tropical areas with dinosaurs, if you captured it, you could reqruit Holy dinosaurs, which would be slightly better than the normal ones. Capturing this temple could be the victory condition for one of the dinosaur factions, while capturing all temples, could be included at the long campaign victory conditions.

Second proposal. Well it might be a little late, but I have a name suggestion for the humans. The Legacy. Since the human nation is consisted of Slate's fellows and the owe their freedom to him.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Christonikos View Post
    Ok, I have some game-changing proposals. I was thinking about victory conditions for the factions, but for some factions they weren't that obvious. So I came up with this idea: The temples. Let me explain. I thought that you could add some settlements(1 or 3 or 5) , called the temples ( One temple could be either called the Serpent temple, or simpler Northern one, Western one, Southern, Central etc). These would be either rebel settlements, with 20 strong units garisson, or belong to a new faction( non-playable ) called The Ancients, but would have some kind of garrisson script and would always leave 20 units at their settlements. Remember I told you about area of reqruitment system? So imagine that at the temple near the tropical areas with dinosaurs, if you captured it, you could reqruit Holy dinosaurs, which would be slightly better than the normal ones. Capturing this temple could be the victory condition for one of the dinosaur factions, while capturing all temples, could be included at the long campaign victory conditions.

Second proposal. Well it might be a little late, but I have a name suggestion for the humans. The Legacy. Since the human nation is consisted of Slate's fellows and the owe their freedom to him.
    little confused on the temples

Smolka's Avatar Miles

I am close to the limit of 200 regions, but I like the idea of certain settlements being in the victory conditions for many factions. For instance, one centrally located settlement in the southern continent could be part of the victory conditions for all of the factions that start on that continent. This would force those factions to fight over that settlement.

At some point in the game, a second "Cryptic" alien space ship crashes on the planet. A military force exits the ship and joins the Cryptic Empire (not a new faction). These units will only spawn once (not recruitable). Two types of units will spawn, Cryptic Walkers and Cryptic Speeders. This is a Sith Speeder model by Sebastian Van Halm on www.scifi3d.com. The gun, the goblin, and the walking tank are royalty free models from www.turbosquid.com.

Cryptic Speeders

Cryptic Walkers
    I have modified the elephant rockets.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Smolka View Post
    I am close to the limit of 200 regions, but I like the idea of certain settlements being in the victory conditions for many factions. For instance, one centrally located settlement in the southern continent could be part of the victory conditions for all of the factions that start on that continent. This would force those factions to fight over that settlement.

At some point in the game, a second "Cryptic" alien space ship crashes on the planet. A military force exits the ship and joins the Cryptic Empire (not a new faction). These units will only spawn once (not recruitable). Two types of units will spawn, Cryptic Walkers and Cryptic Speeders. This is a Sith Speeder model by Sebastian Van Halm on www.scifi3d.com. The gun, the goblin, and the walking tank are royalty free models from www.turbosquid.com.

Cryptic Speeders

Cryptic Walkers

you are a god of modding very very good work indeed

Cryptic Speeders

Cryptic Walkers

First of all congratulations for the units!
    Now as far are the temples are concerned. I suggest that there are some settlements at the map that are included at the victory conditions of many factions. From these settlements though you could reqruit special units. ( Just like it happens at the Britannia campaign, where you can reqruit Scots pikemen at aberdeen and inverness no matter what faction you are, or like at Stainless Steel, where you can reqruit Mourtatoi at Iconium, Turkish archers at Cesarea, Croat axemen somewhere in Balkans. etc). These settlements would be the temples, that were built by an ancient secret civilisation, something like the Atlantis. Now I don't know how many temples you would like to add at the map and whether they are controlled by rebels or an non-playable faction. And when these temples are captured by a faction, a message could appear, like the Crusades campaign, when Jerusalem is captured.

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Cryptic Speeders

Cryptic Walkers

Excellent Smolka

Can't Rep+ you atm

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

this looks pretty awesome

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Hi Smolka, are you working on new projectiles too?

Smolka's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Hi Smolka, are you working on new projectiles too?
    Plasma Bursts

Yes, the Cryptic Speeders are using plasma guns.
    I just modified the textures for the bullets.

I guess you 'll also need more sci-fi sounds for the gunshots as well.

Smolka's Avatar Miles

faction #26: Talza
    The Talz are from cold, snowy planet. They have large round heads with four eyes. They settled in the northwest corner of the northern continent near the indigenous Abominians. They were a primitive society when they were conquered and enslaved by the Cryptic Empire. They actually learned from their indigenous neighbors on the new planet. Their culture and military resemble that of the Abominians.

This faction is based on the "Talz" from Star Wars.
    This faction is not playable in the campaign.
    So far, all Talz units are shared with Abominia (The Talz heads are invisible on the Abominia/Yetia units).
    Banners are not done yet.

screenshots of Talz units

Abominable Clubmen

Abominable Warriors

Abominable Axemen

Abominable Spearmen

Abominable Spear Throwers

Abominable Archers

Abominations

Smolka's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Planet War: preview of strat map and units for 26 factions

faction #27: Schvineland

These piglike aliens have green skin and large lower tusks. They settled at the east end of the desert and in the mountains of the southern continent. This is based on the "Gamorreans" from Star Wars.
    The pig head is part of a model from this site: http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/...p.php?uid=2008

Screenshots of Schvineland units

Armored Axemen

Armored Macemen

Armored Archers

Heavy Spearmen

Last edited by Smolka; August 15, 2011 at 07:29 PM.

Default Re: Planet War: preview of strat map and units for 27 factions

Just a question. Why didn't you make a Star Wars mod?

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

If he will want he will make them
    With his skill's it is quite possible, I even though to help him but i'm currently busy with Dragonborn mod.

Smolka's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Christonikos View Post
    Just a question. Why didn't you make a Star Wars mod?
    I wanted to incorporate aliens/creatures from several different sources into one storyline and game. So far, I've added elements of Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Predator, Planet of the Apes, Deadlock, and ancient Mythology/Religion along with some of my own original ideas. Here are what my alien races are based on.
    Star Wars: Dune(Tuskens), Boorania(Darth Maul), Schvineland(Gamorreans), Rodia, Talza(Talz)

Star Trek: Nausaka (Nausicaans), Kingdom of Stovokor (Klingons)

Babylon 5: Aridia (Narn)

Predator: Scorp (Yautja)

Planet of the Apes: Simia

Mythology/religion: Horus(Ancient Egypt), Anubis(Ancient Egypt), Minotaurs, Goblins

Other Games: Terrans (Tarth from Deadlock)

Sightings: Yetia, Abominia

Original Ideas: Ceroleans, Vulgaria, Sauria, Dinonia, Avia, Atraco, Cryptic Empire, Brutland, Cyanne, Kingdom of Gall
    Last edited by Smolka; August 24, 2011 at 08:18 AM.

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

No offense, but what have you been smoking :p

Well, I think it's a very nice and creative mod idea
    Ring Poem in Italian:
    Tre Anelli ai Re degli Elfi sotto il cielo che risplende,
    Sette ai Principi dei Nani nelle lor rocche di pietra,
    Nove agli Uomini Mortali che la triste morte attende,
    Uno per l'Oscuro Sire chiuso nella reggia tetra,
    Nella Terra di Mordor, dove l'Ombra nera scende.
    Un Anello per domarli, un Anello per trovarli,
    Un Anello per ghermirli e nel buio incatenarli.
    Nella Terra di Mordor, dove l'Ombra cupa scende.

Rero's Avatar Senator

ghoulardia
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WTF HITLER!
    Emi master race!
    TheIncendiaryPig

Smolka's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Deutschland View Post
    No offense, but what have you been smoking :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelien
    LOL, this mod made my day. So funny and creative Something makes me believe you were either drunk or stoned when you came up with this idea haha
    I actually came up with the original idea after drinking a massive amount of coffee. I was working night shift at the time and hadn't slept in a few days.