Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435

Thread: Nec Pluribus Impar : SYW French Mod - EDIT 2015-12-31 NPIv0.4.0beta released

Default Re: Nec Pluribus Impar : SYW French Mod - EDIT 2015-12-31 NPIv0.4.0beta released

i have made unit icon if u like i will post..some of screenshot

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Nec Pluribus Impar : SYW French Mod - EDIT 2015-12-31 NPIv0.4.0beta released

Hey Wangrin,

I like your mod a lot . I got back into ETW just recently. I did some some textures with the mod I did back them called Ancien Régime...
    ...which is now dead as I lost all I had. Anyways, I must admit I became a bit frustrated because of the missing names and I became a bit
    too enthousiatic and modded my patch_eng.loc to make the propre name appear. I like the new models, the cavalry with brestplate under their coat im particular .

I just started to play with textures again and I'm a bit rusty. I forgot a few things about the normal.dds and I couldn't believe it when I found it a a tutorial I wrote myself
    So to work my skills back I will have to complain about the french infantry because I like it with red cuffs better ... and I think it makes a better contrast with the compagnies franches...
    So I guess I could make a "Battle of the Abraham Plains Battle pack" having in mind Berry, de la sarre, de la reine and/or de Guyenne. The other 2 that were there were Languedoc and Royal-Roussillon
    and I can't remember on which regiment your line infantry is based on but I think those two are pretty close.

Still I'm very impressed with the mod and find it awesome! I hope to see more of it.
    Check out:
    ''Ancien Régime'' a ETW Re-texture Project ( France, Poland-lithuania, etc...)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245857
    Regalia of Nations ( Flag, sounds, uniforms, effects mod):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1189

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

French line infantry : I chose to use blue (cuffs, turncoats, etc.) because it's one of the two most frequent colours used when I refer to Mouillard's plate and because I initialy wanted to differentiate royal regiments from queen/prince and gentlemen regiments.

Unit icons : icons are build using a process described in [Tutorial] Modeling & DB. Milkshape & UU3D. 3DS MAX workflow. How wangrin and I use them post #32.
    Icon not only represent the unit but also add some more informations :

• unit type : background color (red = line, green = light, blue = irregular)
    • unit sub-type (bottom left) : dragoon, heavy cavalry, etc.
    • unit origin (upper left), but could be replace by unit flag
    • unit class (frame color) : gold = guard, silver = elite, bronze = normal, wood = untrained/low

Saffronbuyer created textures for de Bussy units, but I still have to rework gloss map before releasing them.
    Same for cavalry unit released, their gloss map are not good and I have to rework them.
    All the problem is to find the good balance to create an accurate specular effect depending of materials (polished steel, painted metal, leather, flesh, etc.).

You can have a look at [Resource] Engine Texture Documentation and Creation Guideline.

Creating good normal map is a big problem too.
    The only right process would be to work on a high poly model and then backing the normal map from it.
    But I have issues when trying to convert models into high poly ones. I think it is because I convert them to .fbx file format instead of .dae.
    Due to an unknown reason, .dae better keep model size.

The other possibility would be to use a grey level texture as a base to create the normal map.
    This grey level texture could be used as well to represent shadows on the diffuse texture.
    I tried to explain this in [Tutorial] Modeling & DB. Milkshape & UU3D. 3DS MAX workflow. How wangrin and I use them, post #19.

Some units are waiting for an accurate gloss map before being released.
    Textures are from Saffronbuyer.

1. 2. 3. 4.
    5. 6. 7.

1.Cipayes {Nellore} / Sepoys {Nellore}
    2.Cipayes {Pondichery} / Sepoys {Pondichery}
    3.Fusiliers de ligne étrangers {CFIO} / Foreign Line Infantry fusiliers {FEIC}
    4.Fusilier de ligne {CFIO} / Line Infantry fusilier {FEIC}
    5.Grenadier de ligne {CFIO} / Line Infantry grenadier {FEIC}
    6.Volontaires de Kerjean {CFIO} / Kerjean's volunteers {FEIC}
    7.Artillerie {CFIO} / Artillery {FEIC}

CFIO : Compangie Française des Indes Orientales
    FEIC : French East India Company

Some unit icons :

I still have not find a good symbol for fusiliers.

A variant could be to use yellow instead of blue for auxiliary units :

Last edited by wangrin; May 01, 2016 at 12:18 PM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

hi,

Just wanted to show everyone the mod is still alive by showing you some WIP:

Gardes Françaises

Gardes Suisses

Gardes du corps

Chevaux-Légers de la Garde

Gendarmes de la Garde

I work also on a couple more unit so eventually it'll be around a dozen of new units for next release if not a bit more. Bad news is that you'll need to wait a bit as there is still lots of work to do before a new update, but things are progressing slowly but surely.
    Check out:
    ''Ancien Régime'' a ETW Re-texture Project ( France, Poland-lithuania, etc...)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245857
    Regalia of Nations ( Flag, sounds, uniforms, effects mod):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1189

Sweet as a pale full of kittens mate, well done.

Dan

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

im confused i do not see the 0.4.0 beta download link. is 0.3.0 the latest version again?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    im confused i do not see the 0.4.0 beta download link. is 0.3.0 the latest version again?
    In the previous page.
    Hm strange,I can't make it work.I need the user script.I tried just change to 0.3.0 to 0.4.0(just my theory) but still does not work.

my nest question is: what other unit packs is this one compatible with, if any? I have AUM and TTW's British mod pack (for TAR, but im using it anyweay )

i searched the word "compatible" in the thread, but the site told me it wasnt found which I found odd...

Also, is there any enlightenment recently on the issue of the unit names not appearing?
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; November 25, 2016 at 08:13 AM. Reason: reason for asking/new question
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Default Re: Nec Pluribus Impar : SYW French Mod - EDIT 2012-02-05 NPIv0.3.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviuss View Post
    Hello friends!
    I made a texture mod some additions and changes. If they are interested in someone, I am ready to share them.

Spoiler for Спойлер

Spoiler for Спойлер

Spoiler for Спойлер

That's changed the texture. They are represented as pack. Pak can be registered as regular mods. To see this in the game. If you have not changed the names of textures.
    Thank you for the beautiful France!
    download:
    http://rghost.ru/45173438

ok wait a minute, the unit names appear for you! haha, how did you fix that?

Hello,

Where can I download these units/texture?

Tnahk you!

[/CONTENTBOX]
    Gardes Suisses

Gardes du corps

Chevaux-Légers de la Garde

Gendarmes de la Garde

I work also on a couple more unit so eventually it'll be around a dozen of new units for next release if not a bit more. Bad news is that you'll need to wait a bit as there is still lots of work to do before a new update, but things are progressing slowly but surely.[/QUOTE]

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Hi Wangrin,

I want to play the mod because I am interested in having french units. I downloaded the vanilla version since I don't have Darth Mod. However, my game crashes everytime I launch ETW. Which tables I should modify to make this amazing mod work?

Thank you in advance.

Hello Incendio,
    So if your game hangs it is that you have not thought of putting in your user.empire_script the name of the mod like this: mod "NPIv3.pack";
    The script folder is located in your C: \ Users \ name-of-session \ AppData \ Roaming \ The Creative Assembly \ Empire \ scripts
    Then for information, the cavalry units are not perfect, especially at the level of the graphics of the eyes, and it misses the units of the Light Horses, the French guards in blue uniform and the Swiss guards too.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Unit names :
    • Bug : unit names don't appear in game ;
    • Solution :

Re this - was this ever fixed?

I have unit cards which are flags (love that) and I

can see for instance that one is an Irish regiment from the picture but there is no name at the top and no description other than 'line infantry'

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

The_Lord_Snow's Avatar Civis

Beautiful units. Would love to see this mod back in development.

Hello
    Any known links for the NPIv0.5.0 file for the vanilla game adding guard units?
    Because I am desperately looking for more historical models for my French and Swiss guard units...
    Thanks in advance for any help.