Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypothetically

Default Re: Hypothetically

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    Lemme get this straight: I don't support this at all. It's cheating. I use modding just for single-player, to give people awesome campaign experiences, not to give some unfair advantage to a cheating "n00b".

Fun fact on clan members not trusting modders: cocroach is becoming quite skilled in the latter
    Oh after a few years a clanny realizes these things. i get along fine with the guys that did LOTRTW for instance, specifically the MP ones like Bardo. he is awesome. The SP modders there still drive me to madness by giving me advice on what factions are good or not while not even playing their MP themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray970 View Post
    Yeah that germanic girl.

Quote Originally Posted by RomeModder View Post
    i just want to get phalanx pikemen for armenia seeing as they have spearmen

Nonsense i have used Armenia for years and that faction's phalanxes are tough enough to hold the line while the good units do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Magic_8_Ball View Post
    Sure you could do that with the right files, but I wouldn't want to play with you with a name like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    Its the sort of cheating that is blatantly obvious and people will leave your game and ban/ignore you.
    We can totally blacklist the faggots on RTW Clan Central if we want to.

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    There IS a way to use Hacked armys online... not telling though.
    Good. No one should get the chance to learn how.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray970 View Post
    Sadly theres a tutorial on youtube telling you how to hack the files to let you use mod armies online.

At least make them WORK for the information.

Do not tell people that.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|2|Lazyo View Post
    Thats blatant cheating. And you can edit the EDU and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeskyre View Post
    Eh, it isn't that big of deal if you think about it. I enjoy playing hacked games with friends, so I could see us having fun with frankenstein armies. And for the (majority of) people who use hacked armies on unsuspecting people.. there's really no ranking system in RTW, so people can just leave. It's annoying, but it won't take long for the cheater to get singled out in the lobby, so they won't be able to play anyone.
    No ranking system? Dude you have never been in a clan have you? There are very distinct ratings in the RTW mp community. The difference is that the ranking is done by the veteran members of clans instead of some retarded computer over at steam or GS. Its divided up into Veteran, Good, Decent, Mediocre and Bad. Veteran players are mostly high ranking members of clans with over 10K battles and years of experience. usually Tournament players but not always. Rankings do vary, for instance paullus distinguishes people between Meh(good) and ing retarded(not good) while some dont rank people and just proclaim all to be noobs like Mel does. it is a very debatable procedure, but despite the methods there is definately a ranking system between clans online based on skill, behaviour and length of playing. for instance you can be a good player and still be considered a noob if you are a clanhopping rager. Good players that treat others with respect will always be valued higher because they know about sportsmanship, and a little modesty never hurts. Most of the veterans i know never talk about anyone even when no one else is listening.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

The SP modders there still drive me to madness by giving me advice on what factions are good or not while not even playing their MP themselves.
    Well, I never did anything like that -or at least not with the intention to-, so no hard feelings, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    Well, I never did anything like that -or at least not with the intention to-, so no hard feelings, right?
    why would i have any hard feelings towards you?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

It comes across as such

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|9|Lord_Max View Post
    No ranking system? Dude you have never been in a clan have you? There are very distinct ratings in the RTW mp community. The difference is that the ranking is done by the veteran members of clans instead of some retarded computer over at steam or GS. Its divided up into Veteran, Good, Decent, Mediocre and Bad. Veteran players are mostly high ranking members of clans with over 10K battles and years of experience. usually Tournament players but not always. Rankings do vary, for instance paullus distinguishes people between Meh(good) and ing retarded(not good) while some dont rank people and just proclaim all to be noobs like Mel does. it is a very debatable procedure, but despite the methods there is definately a ranking system between clans online based on skill, behaviour and length of playing. for instance you can be a good player and still be considered a noob if you are a clanhopping rager. Good players that treat others with respect will always be valued higher because they know about sportsmanship, and a little modesty never hurts. Most of the veterans i know never talk about anyone even when no one else is listening.

My point is that because there's no (automated) ranking system, if you get in a battle with an obvious cheater, you can quit the game without taking a penalty. Or I suppose you could just duke it out if you wanna own them (considering they're probably pretty terrible). But either way, without an automated system, cheaters are just a mild annoyance.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

These are the officially recognized ranks of the online community from highest to lovest:

• &
    • T
    • Y
    • ?
    • =
    • X
    • >
    • -
    • O
    • S
    • #
    • Å
    • Î
    • Ü
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    These are the officially recognized ranks of the online community from highest to lovest:

• &
    • T
    • Y
    • ?
    • =
    • X
    • >
    • -
    • O
    • S
    • #
    • Å
    • Î
    • Ü
    That's cool, but it's not automatic, is it? If you quit a battle against a cheater, you wouldn't lose a ranking, would you? Cheaters are a bigger deal in games with integrated ranking systems. While people have created a nice ranking system, it's really not effected by cheaters. So cheaters are just mildly annoying instead of game-breaking, as all you really have to do when you come across a cheater is just quit the game without penalty.

GI, stop trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Maximius Thongus View Post
    GI, stop trolling
    Lol.. I hate being new on forums. Cause I don't know who the trolls are.

http://images2.memegenerator.net/Ima...e=Futurama-Fry

Nah, GI's rank is totally legit. Why do you think there's an 8 in my name?

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Magic_8_Ball View Post
    Nah, GI's rank is totally legit. Why do you think there's an 8 in my name?
    Practice hard Ballz and one day you will be |Sith|Magic_German_U_Ball

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Hypothetically, if i were to, hypothetically, change a faction like, hypothetically, armenia to, hypothetically, have cataphract camels and, hypothetically, urban cohorts to work online, hypothetically of course. What files would i have to, hypothetically, edit?
    Please ban. We don't need more people who are SO BAD at the game they need to cheat. Find something else to do with your time. Darn you forum rules why must you restrain me from saying what I really want to say. Needless to say i hate you and wish you a grey meaningless life.

i just want to get phalanx pikemen for armenia seeing as they have spearmen
    See you know zero about the game so you need to cheat. Armenia has heavy spearmen that can form phalanx and they are tough for such a mobile faction.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; March 01, 2011 at 04:10 AM.

Armenian Spearmen can be quite tough if you upgrade them g/g+2 chevrons, which put them at about the same pricing and toughness as bronze shields.

yeah but why would you spend money on the spearmen when playing armenia. that just means less money for the cav

Quote Originally Posted by klepto View Post
    yeah but why would you spend money on the spearmen when playing armenia. that just means less money for the cav
    Well for surprise value or if the enemy is a chariot faction it can be an alternative as well.

Done it on just a few occasions, but it actually worked those times.

I remember being very suprised when someone's bronze shields with +2 exp thrashed by SB hoplites. Granted, he had a very slight hill advantage and i forgot to take off guard mode, but it made me sad watching my SB hoplites get mown down

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

@klepto Why do I get the strange feeling you'll get banned (note: look at his sig)?

his sig is gone. what did it say?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12