15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sounds good!

12 80.00%
  • Nope.

3 20.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: =World of Camelot=

Default Re: =World of Camelot=

I would play as Galahallt. He's my favorite knight anyway...

That would actually be a good topic for a poll. Which faction will you play first...But I don't know how popular this mod is yet to I really can't say if a thread like that would be a good idea. Narnia Total War made one of those though.
    [signature]

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

I would play Malagant .

But just to jump on the band wagon, most people on the WOC team already know I'm playing as the Druids first.
    [signature]

Wígár's Avatar Tiro

I would play Gauen.

Druid Light Cavalry

Druid Heavy Cavalry

Druid Heavy Cavalry (Upgrade 1)
    [signature]

You should check out King Arthur - The role-playing Wargame. Its actually quite an interesting game. It has various expansions such as the Saxon campaign, and the Druids. you might find it quite interesting any way. It is very M2TW-like. this game has Dragons and Trolls to the Faerie Lords and the Sidhe.

I had planned to start a mod based around the novel Le Morte d'Arthur by Thomas Mallory. which is a very good read if you are into Arthurian Legend. My idea was to make a mod that is more of a roleplaying total war game where u would have the oppurtunity to gain the knights of the round table through ur campaign and the many interactive events and script elements. And you would play as King Arthur (the only playable faction). I had not put any additional thought into it tho...

anyway, thought my 2 cents may be found interesting.

My only suggestion for your mod idea is keep it simple and allow for some in-depth scripting to really flesh out your Arthurian Universe.
    Best of luck to you and your team.

Cheers
    ...longbows, in skilled hands, could reach further than trebuchets...

Thanks for the tips. This actually what the mod is try to do right now is to create some kind of Total War roleplay experience through quests and all kinds of little innovations that contribute to that kind of roleplay feel. Speaking of Le Morte d'Arthur was thinking of of incorporating that into the game somehow.
    [signature]

We could really use a good skinner at the moment, look at all those great models that were made.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Is there any progress?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Well, I'm not sure. I still retain every single file created for the mod on my computer. I could resume work at anytime, the issue is with the lack of support and attention we really couldn't make any real progress since we were missing some really important components of a team; most prominently a skinner, which I was desperately in need of. If a skinner shows up, I can attempt to reassemble the team to make another push toward some kind of release but for right now it is quite dormant. Besides, real life has also gotten in the way so I didn't have much time to mod this Fall.
    [signature]

Scotty1207's Avatar Civis

This looks like a sweet mod, I would lend a hand but I cant do skinning and just started learning about medieval 2 scripting. But i would be interested to see what your map would be like

We have a map that is working, but we need to add quite a few regions (I haven't gotten around to that yet).

MystikMocha's Avatar Libertus

So...what's the status here? Sorry to revive an old thread, but recently I've had an idea to do an Albion Total War mod. I looked up and didn't find any mod with the same intentions that I had, so I went on to get some faction symbols, but I stumbled upon a google image that brought me here. Is this dead or somewhat mummified?
    If there's any hint of some life deep down there, me and my friend would seriously like to try and revive this somehow. I have very limited mapping skills, but quite good descr_strat and text editing, as well as some UI. If any team member sees this, please get in contact. Nice work, btw

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345