Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broken Sword for SS6.4 - Broken Crescent models and textures for SS6.4 Islamic units

Default Re: Broken Sword for SS6.4 - Broken Crescent models and textures for SS6.4 Islamic units

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbluesky View Post
    Phosphoricus

Thanks again for the look and the feel of this really major improvement (I was playing as the Crusader States, so it was simply wonderful)!

How did you get the crusader states to work?
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Default Re: Broken Sword for SS6.4 - Broken Crescent models and textures for SS6.4 Islamic units

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    How did you get the crusader states to work?
    I think he refers to enjoyment of playing against graphically-improved Muslim units (which happens most of the time when playing as the Crusader States). I did not make replacements for Crusader units except for some 'Muslim-ish' units such as Syrian Auxiliaries, although replacements for the Christian units might be made in the future.

Can you add version 2.3 of this mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Miklagrad View Post
    Can you add version 2.3 of this mode?
    Does it not work using 2.3? I don't think any textures and models were removed from 2.3, so copying the contents of the _units folder (as the instructions specify) should allow the same results.

Let me know that version 2.3 .. I even used it a few mode...

This should be a sticky.

Simply great to have BC models in SS.6.4

(P.S. if you mix this with Huge battle sub mod its even more awsome!)

gostava's Avatar Civis

can i copy broken crescent 3.2 unit to ss4

I guess you mean bc 2.3? For your private use, you can do anything.

Could you expand this and add BC byzantine models in, i find them far superior in BC, if not could someone direct me as to how i could do it. The captain in BC uses a double handed axe, which would conflict with the one handed sword used for the SS model

Sticky...

Does this work with BGRIV? I am assuming it does?

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

@Phosphoricus

Did you consider making unit cards for the units that changed models? Some of the units look much different from their unit card.

I always got CTD while I play The Kwarezm in battle screen.

and these is a system log.

03:29:35.356 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    03:29:35.356 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    03:29:35.362 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    03:29:35.363 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    03:29:35.364 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    03:29:35.366 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    03:29:35.367 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    03:29:35.368 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    03:31:51.149 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

@Ruda_STR

You need to go to your default config file located in your SS6.3 folder and change this section:

[log]
    to=mods/SS6.3/system.log.txt
    level=* error
    level=* trace

Quote Originally Posted by Judeman266 View Post
    @Ruda_STR

You need to go to your default config file located in your SS6.3 folder and change this section:
    Thx for help. Now I can rule my Persia fight with Mighty Mongols

Could anyone post some screenies with Khwarezmian units please ?

Decanus

is this compatible with BotB 2

Halley_91's Avatar Laetus

this has probably been asked before, just thought i could get a definite answer, is there a way to preserve SS 6.4 animations, but still merge broken crescent's new models/appearances for muslim units. i just cant stand the old school 2h axe animation, but really love the new merge from the 2h swordsmen.
    any takers ??????

i followed those steps exactly but as soon as I tried to play the game crashed in the initial loading screen anyone else had that or know how to fix it?

this is my error log btw if this helps

02:16:26.687 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    02:16:26.687 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    02:16:26.937 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    02:16:27.062 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    02:16:27.125 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    02:16:27.453 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    02:16:27.765 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    02:16:27.812 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    02:16:45.062 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 253, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'mount_to_barded_horse'.
    02:16:45.062 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 268, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Lith_Padded_Horse'.
    02:16:50.234 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 1577, column 1
    Could not find mount battle model for unit type 'mount_to_barded_horse'.

02:16:50.234 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast