Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: turn-times in 6.4 are completely crazy compared to 6.1!

Default turn-times in 6.4 are completely crazy compared to 6.1!

what the heck were you guys thinking? One turn is taking more than TWICE as long than b4.. I kind of regret doing this move, now...

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: turn-times in 6.4 are completely crazy compared to 6.1!

The longer turn times are because of the added content. Get a new computer if you want to .

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by American Eagle View Post
    what the heck were you guys thinking? One turn is taking more than TWICE as long than b4.. I kind of regret doing this move, now...
    My turn times are faster than in 6.3. It takes me about 20-30 seconds per turn with fog of war active, 3-4 minutes however with fog of war disabled.

Are you running BGR? I have no factual proof but others have said they thought it made their turns go longer. This could be incorrect so don't hate me Byg!

Otherwise, I'd look and see if something is running in the background or download the Game Booster enhancement program (Google ftw) which is a free program, which should increase your performance.
    I see the better and approve; I follow the worse.

If you liked my post or thought I was helpful, hit that +rep and leave your name so I can keep an eye out for when you deserve some. Unless you suck. Then you aren't getting crap. Ever.

I probably have a faster computer than you, andy.

why keep flooding the game with unnecessary content if it will make stuff lag? meh.

Can some1 please tell me which lags least/has fastest turn-times: 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 or 6.4?

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

why keep flooding the game with unnecessary content if it will make stuff lag? meh.

Can some1 please tell me which lags least/has fastest turn-times: 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 or 6.4?
    Apparently you dont. I have no problem with the turn times. The "unnecessary" content is what makes Stainless Steel stand apart from other mods and the vanilla M2TW in general.

If its such a horrible thing to wait for a few minutes, you dont have to play.

alt+tab FTW!
    Semper fidelis!!!

Who cares? Borderless window mode means I can alt+tab and catch up on all these recent tv shows I never bothered watching. Come back a couple minutes later.

Campidoctor

I'm playing on an old laptop, and I don't have longer turn times with 6.4 .. and they are not that long really, about a minute at turn 122
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Mine end in about 30 seconds.
    Intel 4690k GTX 760 8GB Asrock Fatality Z97

you should see 6.3... you'll go out for a bite, go to the gym, read war and peace, and its still only halfway done...
    all right, a bit of an exxageration, but i read Great Expectations almost completely on turn times. And one guy actually did read War and Peace like that. but while its bad, 6.4 turn times are significantly faster than in 6.3. theres not a whole lot that can be done about it, so i suggest catching up on your studies or enjoy a good book. like War and Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

you have nothing to base this statement on.

push spacebar if it's too slow. i don't have any problems with my turn times

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I Bet money I have a better computer than probaly eveyone in this thread, based on the fact that my computer cost 2500....last year.

I have both 6.4 and 6.2 installed. While 6.4 is great, the turn times on 6.2 RC4 are quite fast. This is without RR/RC installed. 6.2 is perfectly entertaining despite being superseded by the newer versions.

The jump in hdd space required from 6.2 to 6.3 is also massive, so 6.2 would be good for those wanting to save hdd space.

That's the good thing about this mod; so many versions are available, from the downright ancient, to the brand new. I really hope they keep all the old versions up permanently.

Go with 6.2 RC4. I think it's exactly what you're looking for.
    Last edited by thesmiter1; February 20, 2011 at 10:42 PM.

In this day and age who actually needs to worry about a few gigs, It's not that big.

Yeah honestly, I'm not seeing the slower turn-times claim. Even with MSC they're about the same length as before(somewhere between 30-60sec). Can't complain about that.

Do you use BYG??

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    In this day and age who actually needs to worry about a few gigs, It's not that big.
    My last computer, which was three years old and just recently died, was very limited in hdd space. I'm sure there are others with small hdds and older equipment. Same with turn times. Just because someone experiences moderate or fast turn times, doesn't mean everyone's turn times are reasonable. Different strokes for different folks.

The Source's Avatar Senator

im thinking that this who has the faster computer/one with bigger gig, is an adaption of the mans obcession of the size of his P..is

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I'm playing on an old laptop, and I don't have longer turn times with 6.4 .. and they are not that long really, about a minute at turn 122
    LOL, I have a new laptop with an i-3 m370 and mobility radeon 5650 (meh... but certainly not dated or old for a laptop). Turn times around turn 40 are about 1.5 minutes and increasing. Your laptop must have been hot stuff back in the day.
    Last edited by thesmiter1; February 20, 2011 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulson View Post
    Mine end in about 30 seconds.
    Have you looked at your specs in your sig lately? Of course you're not going to experience long turns...

Mine are better: 10 secs 300 years into the campaign.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast